One of the most sought after AR 15 rifle accessory is a bipod. This is an accessory that can be used for serious tactical operations as well as for casual target shooting among other uses and needs. Bipods are stability enhancing accessories that works by providing a pair of legs that telescope from beneath the rifle, providing a stable shooting position. It is important that as you shop for an AR15 rifle bipod, you only go for the best. This article brings to you the best AR 15 bipod reviews and a buying guide.
- 1 Top 5 Best AR 15 Bipod Reviews
- 2 Buying Guide of the Best AR 15 Bipods
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best AR 15 Bipod Reviews
1. Harris Engineering 1A2-BRM Solid Base 6 – 9-Inch Bipod
The Harris Engineering1A2 is one of the highest rated products and also one of the most popular on the market. It is a rifle bipod that comes with extendable arms with the extensions ranging between 6 and 9 inches. It is lockable at 1-inch increments apart and the arms have been spring loaded to enable the user easy deployment and retraction whenever need be. And on the construction, this Harris product has well been built guaranteeing you the best possible stability on the market. It is one of the best products on this list of the best AR 15 Bipod reviews.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- Camouflage: The bipod’s color is that which perfectly matches with the AR rifle color which makes the bipod less obvious
- Quick Deploy: The quick deploy and retract feature that’s made possible by the spring loaded arms makes it easy and fast to set and adjust the bipod positions
- Low Height: There are people who will not like such a low feature but it is advantageous in improving a shooter’s aim
- Construction: Comes with an extremely rugged design featuring extendable legs, compatible with the Picatinny rail and folds up underneath the gun when it isn’t in use
- No Adapter: It comes without an adapter for your AR 15 rifle yet you need one for the setup to function
2. CVLIFE 9-13” Rifle Bipod
On top of our list of the best AR 15 Bipod reviews comes CVLIFE 9-13 Rifle Bipod. This is a product that has been designed to offer the user with unending series of powerful, reliable, accurate and successful shooting experiences. It is produced by a manufacturer known to offer the market with top quality and top sell products within the bipod industry and beyond. A very intelligent design has particularly been employed on this bipod.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Construction: Features an adjustable/notched arm design, with these arms being foldable and spring loaded for easy adjustments and portability respectively. In general, the construction offers the gun with maximum possible stability
- No Swivel Top: This is another useful and special design meant to prevent the firearm from tilting side to side when in use. Instead, the gun gets squeezed and a very stable position thus an enhanced accuracy
- Durability: Comes with among others, a rubber insulator between the gun and the bipod thus preventing damage to your firearm.
- Super lightweight Construction: This is courtesy of the super light yet durable aluminum material used in construction. The product weighs just some 0.7 pounds
- It isn’t accompanied by an instructional manual
3. UTG Tactical OP Bipod, Height 8.0-12.4″, QD Lever Mount
It is yet another bipod that has not disappointed its many users hence its good reputation as evidenced by its many reviews. The bipod is a remarkable product being offered to the market in two size ranges, the 5.9”-7.3” and the 8.0”-12.4” and at last you are lucky to come across a bipod featuring a dual mounting capability. The UTG Tactical Bipod features a very solid construction; having been made using heavy duty metals thus its unmatched stability. The overall results are a better shooting capability with the user having total control over their targets.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- Overall Construction: The product’s design revolves around its accuracy and stability factors thus improving the aiming power of the user
- Versatility: It is one of the most versatile bipods, thanks to the dual mounting capability, which is a very rare feature
- Easy To Use: Can easily be set up, the legs are spring loaded, with a lockable wheel coming handy to enhance the arm adjustment process all of which make using the bipod to be so easy
- Performance: A rubberized stand to protect the gun and the tripod, foldable & adjustable legs, and a pose featured leg system all to improve the overall performance
- Its swivel pan is limited to very minimal panning, especially when used with other AR rifles other than the AR15
4. Ohuhu Adjustable 6″-9″Sniper Hunting Tactical Rifle Bipod
Ohuhu Hunting Tactical Rifle Bipod is probably the second top most products on this best AR 15 Bipod reviews article. This is because of its impeccable design and impressive performance features. The product grants the user with the capabilities of producing successive accurate shots are very reliable positions. It is the best bipod for those hunters and shooters who have been finding it hard to set their guns on uneven terrains.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- Easily Usable: One of the main functional features of a bipod is its ease of use. Some shooting requirements demand swiftness and that’s hence the need for easy use and fast setup & adjustment capabilities.
- Perfectly Fitting: You may have the best bipod with the best features but if your gun doesn’t perfectly fit on it, it ends up being the worst bipod you can ever own. This product features the Picatinny & swivel stud mounts that enable a perfect fit.
- Durability: Features a black anodized finish, which is non-rust for durability as well as making the bipod to be attractive to the eyes too. Its aluminum and the heavy duty hardened steel materials makes it very durable
- Adjustable & Foldable Legs: You are able to adjust the bipod to attain the best of accuracy positions and the legs can be folded beneath the firearm when you aren’t using it.
- Comes with no instruction manual
- Only extends 3-inches
5. ARMSTAC Tactical Bipod Foldable Adjustable Bipod
ARMSTAC offers its users with rich features at a rock bottom price in this bipod. It is another popular choice, especially for the budget buyer. The bipod’s design is meant to fit the standard Picatinny rail, has lockable adjustable and foldable legs and is very easy to mount and to adjust. For those casual shooters looking for a sturdy yet inexpensive product, this bipod should be your destination. It comes handy as an accuracy-enhancing accessory for the AR 15 rifles.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- Easy to Use: This is courtesy of its adjustability, spring loaded and lockable legs
- Nice Finishes: A smooth finish compounded with a nice color makes it appealing to the eyes
- Portability: One of its main selling features is its lightweight design without compromising sturdiness
- There are bipods sturdier than this product
It fits a Picatinny rail and has rubber feet for stability. The legs lock into place to keep it from tipping and it folds to a compact size.
Buying Guide of the Best AR 15 Bipods
- Spring Power Arms: These have become the most popular modern bipods with all manufacturers going the spring way. The arms are loaded with springs to make it easier and faster for you to adjust your bipods. You can even use your legs to adjust the heights
- Twist Knob Control: Your hands must get hold of the knob to adjust. It is a bit time consuming as well as energy consuming-however negligible the energy used would be.
All the products appearing on our list of the best AR 15 bipod reviews are spring power arms type.
The second most important thing to consider is the height of the bipod. You need to know the heights that work best for you and your rifle. The two main height types for the AR 15 are the 6-9 inches and the 9-13 inches. The former is the lowest height and is the most accurate. Naturally, the lower your bipod’s height is, the more accurate it becomes. The downside is that if you put the lowest height, you may end up rendering you 30-round magazine useless.
The 9-13 inches height version, on the other hand, is the most popular offering the ability to shoot while you are in a supported prone position. It offers the best results when used while on car hoods, roofs and walls among other supported places.
You can also consider the material of construction & other durability features, elegance as well as the product price.
With all these said, it is worth noting that the CVLIFE 9-13” Rifle Bipod is the perfect choice of a bipod for an Ar 15 rifle. This is because the product is sturdy, very stable, elegant, easily adjustable, and foldable for storage and is also affordable. Above all, the many accolades and thumbs high it receives from its other users are clear shreds of evidence that it is a bipod worth of owning.