Firearms have been used for centuries and millenniums. These tools are almost as old as man, with the difference only being in the technological differences. One of the most important accessories to have been used with these rifles throughout their existences is the slings. Though there are some lag stages when the sling would have appeared to be decreasing in popularity, times have always come when the accessories once again hit the market with a bang! Today, AR 15’s are some of the most popular rifles on the market, with their corresponding slings also being very much sought after. It would thus be prudent for you to go through the best AR 15 Sling reviews as a way of knowing what to buy.
- 1 Top 5 Best AR 15 Sling 2019 Reviews
- 2 Best AR 15 Sling Buying Guide
- 3 Bottom line
Top 5 Best AR 15 Sling 2019 Reviews
1. Magpul Quick Adjust 2 Point Slings
A very sturdy strap that features durable webbing has been employed in the design and construction of this sling. The wideness of the strap is such that it helps with the distribution of the rifle weight across a wider back and shoulder area thus making it more comfortable to patrol your property with your gun on. It is one of the most comfortable slings on the market. Another main selling feature is its quick one-handed adjustment feature that allows the user to make customized changes them at that time they need them, without taking off the sling. This adjustment feature is quickly adjustable but won’t move unless you trigger it to move.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
- Double layered, thick and nylon webbed sling not only for durability but also for comfort. And its two sling design also boosts its comfort further.
- It comes with a high-quality stitching that withstands any punishment and abuses it is subjected to. In most slings, the stitching normally is the weakest part hence Magpul has solved a major concern
- It is a versatile sling that can easily be turned from two-point to one-point sling performance making it the bridge between the old and new school sling performance
- It comes with enough adjustment, which accommodates the most skinny as well as the broadest shooters.
- It isn’t padded and is also very basic
2. Viking VTAC Wide Padded Sling
This is yet another simple and also very versatile two-point sling, specifically designed for the collapsible stock weapons. The sling instantly adjusts thus allowing the shooter the ability to shoot from either shoulder as well as keeping it closest to the chest when it’s at rest. A grab tab has been included in the design to make the sling adjustable when attached. This is a useful property that makes the sling to offer more than just s carry-strap performance. In addition, the sling features metallic hardware that improves its durability, neoprene covered buckles for protection of the weapon against scratches and elastic bands for storage.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
- Its reputation as far as reviews and testimonials are concerned makes it the most trustworthy product on the market
- It is adjustable to different positions and lengths thus making it a reliable sling no matter what you want to do with your gun.
- It comes with either the metallic or plastic polymer hardware for one to choose. A plastic polymer version is also a cheap option for those on tight budgets
- A textured grip construction that offers easy adjustability, with the fast and strong release also making it an enjoyable sling to use
- Its included webbing attachment has no quick release
- It is probably the most counterfeited sling so you need to be careful not to be duped.
3. Blue Force 2-Point Padded Vickers Combat Sling
This is easily one of the best slings ever designed and devised. The two-point product features a woven nylon construction and also comes with a padded rear section. Closed-cell foam is used for padding, a material that neither expands nor easily gains water weight. Such a material is the perfect padding solution for a sling. A special feature allows the user to adjust the sling without taking off the product. The slings carry position, on the other hand, keeps the rifle in the ready-to-shoot position thus making you to always be “shooting-ready”.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- The sling features some high-quality construction components with a construction that’s designed to be long lasting
- A padded rear section makes the product to offer maximum comfort at all times
- It is versatile in that though designed for the AR 15 platform, the sling performs so well with many other firearms and weapons.
- Its genius rapid adjustment technology known as the Differentiated Adjuster Pull Tab allows you to fit the sling on yourself with a lot of ease.
- It’s a long sling that may not perform so well with short shooters.
- Doesn’t come with swivel attachment
- Price looks high
4. Paracord 2-Point Survival AR 15 Sling
This is one of the strongest and most reliable slings, constructed from a 550 pound-resistant Commercial Paracord. The Paracord has been weaved over canvas and foam layers, making a very comfortable and thick for durability. Each of the products ends features a tri-glide system that allows one the ability to attach 1-inch or 1.25-inch swivels. These swivels aren’t included in the package but can separately be bought. The webbing is designed and constructed from medium and high weight acrylic canvas that makes the construction feel like cotton.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- Customizability: The webbing can be trimmed at the ends without compromising the durability of your products
- Construction Material: The Paracord material is one of the most durable materials that can be used in the sector. It is so tough that it’s used in building shelter, medical purposes or even dragging your game.
- Comfort: It is a 2-point sling which is an inherent comfort feature. But the additional special webbing and padding makes it even more comfortable
- Durability: The webbing, unlike cotton, is rot-resistant thus enhanced durability
- If you are tall and fat, the sling can be a little bit too short
- The product isn’t capped at the ends thus may start fraying pretty quickly
5. FreForceTactical 2 Point Shoulder Gun Sling
This is the most budget friendly product on this the best AR 15 Sling reviews. Just like all the others, it is a 2-point sling that offers better comfort than the traditional 1-point products. Its main strap is 1.5-inches wide and is 54-inches long. It features a heavyweight webbing construction that guarantees its durability. The sling has not only been designed for the AR15 rifles but for almost all the long and short frame rifles.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Best AR 15 Sling reviews it as a very versatile product, being compatible with a wide range of firearms
- It offers the users with color options to choose from. These are the Foliage Green color, color Black, and Coyote Brown color
- It is constructed using all mil-spec heavy construction materials for durability. The heavy weight webbing also improves the durability further
- Its length is fully adjustable, thanks to the tri-bars that have been included in the design.
- Its price is the fairest as it costs just around $10
- It is a simple design hence may not be the best for those looking for advanced slings
Best AR 15 Sling Buying Guide
There are three types of slings though two (which we are going to discuss) are most common. These are the single point, two point as well as the three point slings
- Single Point Sling:The sling connects to a single point on the rifle. It is recommended that the sling is worn diagonally. Single points aren’t comfortable to carry but the most appropriate when it comes to shooting
- Two Point Sling:It is the most popular modern design, with most of the manufacturers producing this type. It connects to two different rifle parts and can be worn across the chest or over the shoulder. It is the best carry sling.
The durability of a rifle’s sling depends on the construction material. The main construction material is the nylon webbing with few cases of Paracord also being used. This material withstands all weather challenges and user abuses. Some webbing is capable of withstanding up to over 4,000 pounds, with as little as around 400 pounds or even lower being sufficient enough.
Paracord is yet another durable material that has been mainly featured in parachute construction among other products. It’s, however, not very popular within the rifle sling area
The presence of padding makes the rifle sling comfortable for use in carrying your rifle with its absence meaning the exact opposite. Special materials that are rot free, not easily expandable and aren’t easy to gain weight under humid conditions should be used.
There are many advantages of using a rifle sling. These include the ability to shift between your side arm and your primary weapon without the need of putting the weapon down. The slings also make it possible for you to use or handle all your gear using both hands as well as the capability of handling different tasks using both hands. On this best AR 15 Sling reviews, the Magpul Quick Adjust 2 Point Slings carries the day. It is durable, comfortable and easy to adjust and use.