Many people assume that BB guns are airsoft guns, which is a wrong assumption.
BB guns are a different kind of gun. Click HERE to see the best BB gun at this time.
Although relatively similar to airsoft guns there a lot of features that differentiate the usability and operation of the two i.e. a BB gun shoots tough pellets at very high speeds and can penetrate and cause damage to the skin.
Airsoft guns, on the other hand, shoot much softer pellets that are not as dangerous.
Nonetheless, finding an ideal BB gun in the market today is an uphill task. This is because of the myriad possibilities users are presented with.
Different models, brands, sizes, etc. can present some challenges when choosing the best BB gun for you.
- 1 Top 5 BB guns On The Market 2019 Reviews
- 2 Buying Guide: Points to ponder
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 BB guns On The Market 2019 Reviews
1. Daisy Red Ryder
It is a fun backyard shooting kit manufactured by Daisy and is made of sturdy and high quality material. The Red Ryder has a length of 35.4 inches and a shot capacity of 650. The gun also has a maximum velocity of 350-Feet per second as well as a lever cocking, spring air action which makes it easy to cock the gun and shoot small targets.
The gun comes with 0.177 Caliber BB ammunition with a smooth bore barrel and has a stained solid wooden stock and forearm with blade and ramp front. It is also fitted with an adjustable rear sight.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- This Red Ryder is easy to operate as you only need to cock, load and shoot
- It is also easy to add ammo to this gun
- Its 650 shot capacity allows you to enjoy a longer shooting experience
- The 350 fps maximum velocity makes this gun ideal for shooting small targets
- It does not have a compass
This is a gun that has been proven and tested over time and is thus considered suitable for both kids and adults practicing shooting thanks to its simplicity and ease of use.
2. Crosman Pneumatic Pump Air Rifle .177 Caliber
This is an ideal BB gun for any beginner trying to learn the art of shooting. It lives to its name considering that it is made of uncompromised quality components.
The performance and quality of this Air Rifle have been tested over time and proven to be beyond reproach. It is designed with a sight adjustment kit and a removable magazine store pellet clip. It also comes with various accessories for mounting flashlights, cameras, lasers and scope among others.
What’s more is that the gun can shoot pellets at about 600 FPS and 635 FPS for BBs and have an adjustable stock, elevation adjustment and dual aperture rear sight.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Accuracy is guaranteed given that the gun comes with some accessories that facilitate
- This gun can be used by both left and right-handed individuals
- It is made of high quality materials that give it the necessary durability.
- It is easy to assemble despite the fact that it comes with some accessories
- It is relatively heavy to shoot with one hand
This is a pretty easy to use a gun that offers excellent shooting speeds. For this reasons, it can make a perfect practicing tool for both adults and kids.
3. Smith & Wesson M&P Airgun (Medium)
This Airgun is synonymous of all S&W gun which featuressolid constructions and excellent pricing.
The S&W M&P gun is a medium gun that is powered by a 12g CO2 cylinder, which is concealed in the grip of the firearm. It features a .177 caliber barrel with a velocity of 480 feet per second. A removable 19-shot drop out BB magazine is also added on this gun together with a manual safety double action trigger.
It has adjustable front sight and fixed rear sights. Its drop-out magazine can hold up to 19 BBs and CO2 cartridge.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Has an integrated accessory rail that allows you to add Airgun Laser or even a flashlight to enhance the shooting experience.
- It is safe to use given that you can manually control it hence reducing the risks of accidents
- It is easy to use and quite accurate over shot distances
- This gun only shoots steel BBs
- The clarity of the fronts sight is wanting
- The plastic build might seem too cheap for some
This S&W Airgun makes for an ideal fun and target shooting BB gun.
4. Ruger Blackhawk Combo air rifle
This combo rifle is an excellent plinking and target shooting BB gun. It comes with a fully adjustable rear that contains a 4 by 32 scope and mounts and uses a caliber of .177 with velocities of up to 1000 feet per second. The gun is well designed, powerful and is has dual sighting options that make it a relatively accurate BB gun to use.
It is also worth noting that this gun is made from the highest quality materials that make it durable and comfortable when using.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- It has a simple cocking mechanism that makes it easy to use even for beginners
- This product is also very safe to use considering that it is automatic
- It also comes with a dual sighting option that can be added to three should you choose to mount laser sight enhancing accuracy
- With shooting velocities of up to 1000 fps, this gun is very powerful
- Its scope is of relatively low quality
This rifle is a superb choice for shooters who prefer using a high powered bullet gun that is easy to use.
5. Crosman CCP8B2 Vigilante CO2 .177
This BB gun is a unique semi-automatic rifle that features a modern revolver style. One of its great features is the finger molded designed grip that is suitable for action shooting.
With a 6 inch barrel and velocities of up to 435 fps, this gun is suitably accurate and fun to shoot too. The gun features a durable steel construction, a full metal frame that has a premeditated rail system as well as an adjustable rear sight.
Also, note that this cross vigilante BB gun allows for single and double action shooting.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Provides for easy and fast reloading
- It is a versatile gun that shoots both BBs and pellets
- This product is very accurate especially when used to shootout of the box
- It has excellent triggers
- Offers good value for money
- Might be too light for your liking
- The grips rattle most of the time, so you have to hold it tightly most of the time when using it to shoot.
If you are looking for an affordable, easy to use and versatile gun, then this cross man vigilante might be your best bet.
Buying Guide: Points to ponder
When it comes to finding the best BB gun, it’s hard to identify a specific brand and model, but by large, the same considerations that apply in purchasing a real gun also apply in buying a BB gun.
Here are a few things to consider when buying a BB gun;
Power and range
It is essential to go for a BB gun that has sufficient power to shoot at a given range. This is one element that determines the efficiency and usability of BB guns especially for fun and target shooting. Inadequate power can not only be frustrating when shooting on the range but also be very dangerous.
Several elements determine the precision of a gun. Whenever you want to make a purchasing decision, it is vital to ensure that you go for a gun that offers sufficient accuracy as this is what will allow you to enjoy the experience of shooting at the target using a BB gun.
Cost is another critical element that you must consider when buying this type of gun. Ordinarily, different manufacturers price their guns at various rates depending on various factors.
When looking for an ideal BB gun to purchase, ensure that you choose one that suits your budget. There is always a gun that is within your budget you just have to make sure that the weapon you buy provides value for your money both in quality and performance.
Of essence, a BB gun of your choice should be easy to use. What this means is that it should be easy to load and reload, easy to cock and shoot. All aspects revolving around the rifle of your choice should be favorable to you in regards to efficiency when using.
It is awkward especially for a beginner to go for a gun that is complicated to use but rather get a BB gun that is simple to use.
Based on our reviews round-up above, Crosman Pneumatic Pump Air Rifle .177 Caliber tops the list of the best BB gun to buy.
Compared to the other 4 guns, this Crossman Air pump rifle has all the necessary features essential for fun and target shooting. It is among the best weapons for use by both adults and kids and is also ambidextrous. Its accuracy, shooting power, ease of use and ability to add other accessories to suit your tastes gives this gun an edge above the rest.
The fact that the Crosman Pneumatic air pump rifle wins the round up above does not mean that the other 4 are of lesser quality. All the guns reviewed above are carefully chosen, and they all present excellent quality and performance features.