Egg incubators are machines that work just like broody hens. That is to create a perfect condition for eggs to incubate and successfully hatch. An incubator will regulate the temperature and humidity in the incubation to perfect levels.
A good egg incubator should be able to keep your eggs warm and in the correct humidity. It should as well turn them if need be, so as to hatch them. There are different types of modern incubators today. That is why you need to take time in order to pick out the best of them all.
Here are some reviews of the best egg incubators for your consideration:
- 1 Top 5 Best Egg Incubator Reviews
- 1.1 1. GQF 1588 Genesis Hova-Bator Incubator by GQF
- 1.2 2. R-Com RCOM Max 20 MX20 Fully AUTOMATIC Digital Egg INCUBATOR
- 1.3 3. Brinsea Products USAC26C Maxi II Advance Automatic 14 Egg Incubator
- 1.4 4. Farm Innovators Model 4250 Digital Circulated Air Incubator
- 1.5 5. OrangeA Reptile Egg Incubator 23L Capacity Mini Digital Incubator
- 2 Egg Incubator Benefits
- 3 Egg incubator Buying Guide
- 4 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Egg Incubator Reviews
1. GQF 1588 Genesis Hova-Bator Incubator by GQF
This is a fully certified egg incubator that you can fully trust for successful egg hatching. It is absolutely safe, thanks to its 12 volt system. This incubator is the best to use in a classroom setting or for laboratory needs. It comes already preset for bird eggs. To use it, you only need to plug it in, add water for humidity and then the eggs and the process will start.
The thermostat set temperature is already okay, therefore you might not see the need to fine tune it. It comes with an LCD display which shows the temperature that has been set, the actual temperature as well as the humidity parentage in both Celsius and Farenheight. It is therefore very easy to tell if everything is okay inside the incubator. Its thermostat is based on a preset microprocessor, and it regulates itself.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- This incubator’s thermostat is digital. This means that it is not affected by changes in humidity, dust or even temperature
- It has inbuilt sensors that prevents the eggs from burning up
- It is very easy to use by all people, experts and novices alike.
- You can change the temperatures easily depending on the kinds of eggs you are hatching
- You will need to buy its turner separately
- Its quality is not guaranteed
2. R-Com RCOM Max 20 MX20 Fully AUTOMATIC Digital Egg INCUBATOR
This is a luxuriously designed egg incubator that uses the egg-shaped concept to set it apart from all the others in the market. It is highly reliable, mainly because it uses the Swiss’s Sensirion’s 3rd generation humidity and temperature sensor. It has an automatic temperature and humidity setting as well as an adjustment function.
One of its best functions is its automatic egg turning function, which has a sophisticated platform egg movement. This works very well even for the most delicate egg types. It is able to accommodate a standard 20 egg chicken size tray. It is also very clear with a transparent large view window, from where you can monitor the progress of the incubation without interfering with the process.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
- The incubator comes with a standard 20 egg chicken tray, therefore saving you money.
- Its precise digital thermometer readout will help you to monitor the temperature inside the incubator closely.
- You are able to control the amount of air in the incubator, thanks to its variable air control lever.
- Your eggs are safe. The incubator applies E-Com’s optimum air flow technology, which ensures that there is no fan air that is touching the eggs directly.
- In case of abnormal high or low temperature, there is an alarm and indicator function. These will alert you before things get out of hand.
- Your young ones will be well protected. This is because the bottom of the egg tray is safely made with embossed skid-resistance flooring.
- It may not be your best choice if you have more than 20 eggs to incubate
3. Brinsea Products USAC26C Maxi II Advance Automatic 14 Egg Incubator
This is a great quality 14 egg incubator. It is very easy to use and its performance is guaranteed. Its exceptional value is what makes it the best choice to go for. It uses digital micro-control for the user to manage its functions easily, through a simple menu on the digital display.
On a normal day, the operation on the display will show the incubation temperature, days to hatch and turning status. You can open its menu in order to be able to adjust your incubation temperature, number of days your eggs take to hatch, your cooling duration, high and low temperature alerts among other functions.
It provides an automatic egg turning function with an auto stop 2 days prior to hatching. It shows countdown to date of hatch, periodic cooling and temperature alarms on its digital displays among many other great functions. These will ensure that you have an easy time during the incubation period.
Our Rating: (4.9 / 5)
- You will always know the status of your hatch, thanks to its digital display which provides an excellent visibility.
- It has an external top up for the water reservoirs, which provides humidity inside the incubator.
- Your eggs are safely turned by the rotating egg discs which are programmable. Even the most sensitive eggs will be safe in this incubator.
- It is very easy to keep clean. This is thanks to its robust hygienic ABS plastic construction.
- You can hatch so many eggs at a go. It has two disks, one for 14 eggs of all sizes and another one that can hold up to 40 eggs.
- It is not strong enough to last you for many years.
4. Farm Innovators Model 4250 Digital Circulated Air Incubator
This is a very easy to use egg incubator that can accommodate up to 41 eggs. Its Incutek heater warms the incubator to a factory pre-set temperature of 100 degrees Farenheight in just a few minutes. It comes with a digital display that shows the temperature, humidity and days to hatch. The days to hatch countdown timer can easily be adjusted according to the types of eggs you are hatching.
It has an automatic egg turner too, which turns all the eggs completely every four hours. This eliminates manual handling, which may alter with the hatch rate. It comes with a high/low temperature notification light which flashes when the temperature is below 97 or above 103. You get to enjoy a perfect view inside the incubator through its large picture window. This is perfect for educational observation. Its deep bottom tray can accommodate even the large goose eggs.
Our Rating: (3.5 / 5)
- A very easy to use incubator for novice and experts alike.
- Everything happens automatically, minimizing manual handling of eggs which may affect the hatching process.
- Comes with an integrated fan that circulated fresh air inside the incubator. This is what stabilizes the temperature within the incubator.
- Its easy to read digital display can clearly how temperature, humidity and days to hatch.
- It will be easy to keep the incubator conditions right, thanks to its high/low temperature notification light.
- It may not be easy to regulate its temperatures.
5. OrangeA Reptile Egg Incubator 23L Capacity Mini Digital Incubator
This is a highly reliable egg incubator that uses thermoelectric technology, which enables it to cool and heat. Its temperatures rages between 36 and 140 degrees Farenheight and this mainly depends on the ambient room temperature. You can easily set the temperature of your preference through its digital control. Its bright light LED display will indicate the current incubation temperature.
This model is a great improvement from the ReptiPro 5000. You will enjoy better exterior styling, better clear shelves and water tray, a recessed fan housing that allows more interior space and an increased fan power for better temperature distribution. It has an inbuilt power converter as well, in the back of the unit. It is therefore not inline on the power cord.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- The incubator provides a constant temperature throughout the incubation period for a better hatch rate.
- It has enough space inside for accommodating more eggs.
- The incubator can guarantee minimal egg loss. This is because it is digitalized, hence has an accurate cooling and heating combination.
- Its LED digital display allows the user to view the incubation conditions without interfering with the incubation process.
- It is expensive to buy therefore may not be affordable to all.
Egg Incubator Benefits
Egg incubators are very good to use. This is because they allow eggs to incubate at the same time eliminating the external threats that might harm the eggs. A lot of people who use egg incubators are those that produce large numbers of uniform and healthy day-old chicks. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy from using an egg incubator:
- So many chicks can be hatched at a time in a short while. There are those incubators that can hold numerous eggs at a go, saving you time and energy if you need so many chicks in a short period of time.
- Egg incubators can be used for hatching different types of eggs. You are not limited to a certain type of hatching if you are using an incubator.
- You can always plan when to hatch your chicks. It is not easy to plan with a broody hen because it is hard to tell when the hen wants to sit for the eggs.
- Eggs hatched in an incubator are always safe, therefore the chicks are free from parasites and diseases.
- An incubator protects eggs from damage and spoilage, something that is not easy to manage with the broody hens. Chances of hens damaging their eggs through pecking are usually very high during natural incubation. Again, the conditions inside the incubator are easy to monitor and maintain. This ensures that the eggs are well protected from getting spoilt. The eggs in an incubator are subjected to the optimal hatching temperatures; therefore, there is a 100% hatch rate guarantee when you are using an incubator.
- You do not incur the costs of feeding broody hens when using an incubator, which saves you money.
Egg incubator Buying Guide
Buying the right egg incubator is not always an easy task. There are many factors one must consider so as to end up with an incubator that will serve his needs fully. First of all, you need to determine the purpose for your incubator. If you are a professional for instance, you will need an incubator with the finest technology, one that can give you the actual value for your money. A hobbyist on the other hand will be fine with a smaller scale incubator, because he is only doing it for enjoyment.
What size of an incubator do you need? Again, this is dictated by your need for the incubator. If you are a professional who needs so many chicks at once, you will choose a bigger incubator. Fortunately, egg incubators come in different sizes, therefore finding the right size for your needs will be easy.
Always go for an incubator with temperature and humidity control attributes. Check whether the one you are just about to buy has a thermostat inside the incubator or not, as this is what will determine whether the eggs will develop and hatch properly. You also want to ensure that the humidity will be under control when you incubate your eggs.
You might also want to buy an incubator with egg turning ability. It is important for the eggs to be turned during the incubation period for the production of healthy chicks. You want to eliminate any manual handling of eggs during this period as this may interfere with the incubation process.
Finally, consider your budget. How much money do you want to spend on an incubator? This should guide you to one that you can afford.
Buying an egg incubator need not be a hard task if you know what you are looking for in one. This review is a complete guide to help you make the right choice in a short period of time. From the reviews, OrangeA Reptile Egg Incubator 23L Capacity Mini Digital Incubator ReptiPro 6000 Portable Digital Incubator is a winner for a professional who is looking for an incubator that can heat and cool eggs. With it, you can be sure to enjoy uniform temperature throughout the incubation period. This is after all what is needed for a higher hatch rate. Another advantage is that it has enough room to accommodate more eggs. If therefore you want to hatch more, you will always have enough room.