The AR15 is one of the most popular self-defense and a tactical firearm on the market. The gun is used during the day as well as at night. For night patrols and self-defense, it is paramount that you fit your rifle with the most appropriate lights that will improve your night sighting hence enabling you to execute your duties with optimum accuracy. At night, a flashlight is a just as much requirement as is your loaded magazine. But I know that most AR 15 users aren’t in contention for the fact that they need flashlights. The main subject is on how to choose the best flashlight for AR 15 and that’s what we will talk about.
Top 5 Best Flashlight for AR 15 Of 2020 Reviews
1. SureFire X300 Ultra LED Series TIR Lens
This is one of the most trusted brands and probably the best flashlight for AR 15 on the market. It’s producing company (SureFire) itself is a very trusted brand on this arena. The company is well known for its quality assurance manufacturing processes thereby offering the market with best-in-class illumination accessories. Their X300 is truly a fantastic illumination product for self-defense. It comes with one of the best recoil resistance thanks to the solid grip construction. It also comes with no mounting screw provision, an aspect that makes it really easy to mount the product.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- It’s a very durable flashlight, thanks to the solid design and construction. Only scratches can be witnessed, with no signs of wear and tear at all.
- Stunning 500-lumen beam that is focused by its specially designed TIR lens produces an incredible light performance
- Easy to operate as a result of some of its properly designed features e.g. the flip switch that works through just a soft touch of pushing rather than the up/down switches.
- It supports all rail styles and also supports ambidextrous use
- Won’t mount on Picatinny rails that don’t have open ends
- It makes firearms wider hence difficult to holster
2. LiteXpress SET-KOMBI89
This is yet another combat ready flashlight for your AR15 rifle. One of its main selling factors is its lightweight construction feature. The flashlight is also one that won’t break the bank thus making it virtually the best flashlight for AR 15 for the budget buyer. The kit comprises of rail mounting hardware, a remote pressure switch and a unique capability of quickly switching the flashlight to a standalone performance. In other words, this LiteXpress flashlight is a feature rich package that guarantees its users a quality light performance on their AR 15 rifles among other ARs.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- After reading its features, a pro won’t believe that the flashlight costs about $70 only
- Comes with a super LED selection that offers high light output performance up to 550 lumens
- A lengthy 5-year repair or replacement warranty
- Six mode operations make it versatile enough to be used under different conditions.
- Package includes a gift box packaging, 3 detachable green, blue & red color lenses, X-fire remote pressure switch and LiteXpress gun mount
- The mount could have been better than this
- Instructions aren’t complete, though you can figure out or make good use of reviews.
3. Orion H40-W500 LED Tactical Flashlight
Are you an AR 15 rifle owner looking for a flashlight that works but is truly affordable? Then this Orion flashlight has just been designed for you. Orion is also yet another very reputable company, known for the quality of products. On producing this light, they ensured it is recoil proof, a feature that is highly attributed to its virtually indestructible Light Emitting Diode emitter. The flashlight also comes with a rubber seal that insulates the battery compartment thus reducing risks of battery damage during recoil.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- The flashlight is very durable due to the choice of recoil-sustainable metal, proper coating, and the insulations
- When the LED lumens are compared with the price of the product, the flashlight probably ends up having the best price to performance ratio as compared to all its counterparts
- Features a bundle having Weaver/Picatinny rail mount ready properties among other easy-to-use features
- It is versatile as it comes with a long cord thus allowing you the option of mounting the flashlight on a gun. The flashlight’s compatibility with the CR123A batteries as well as the 18650 batteries is also impressive.
- The finish may not match the color of your rifle
4. UTGGen 2 Light and Laser Combo
There comes a time when the best tactical flashlight for your AR 15 platform may need to feature a laser attachment. UTG Gen 2 is such a flashlight. This is a quality tactical flashlight that features everything one needs for rifle mounting. It’s attached laser is the most powerful laser available on the market without restrictions. You can place this laser on any of the sixteen different stages or positions; on the light thus optimal accuracy aiming is achieved. The product’s design is meant to provide a clear edge under low-light conditions such as at night.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- The flashlight comes with an extremely attractive price that makes the product to be very desirable.
- It is a dual-function flashlight that’s designed with and end cap featuring a push-button and a Twist-switch for momentary and constant on/off respectively
- 10 locking positions provided for by the adjustable rotating laser bracket. This allows for ideal light placement as per user preferences
- Comes with 2x CR123 batteries, 4x Lr44 batteries and an enhanced 400-lumen power upgrade that can extend the run time by 3 hours
5. SyndeRay G01Tactical Gun Flashlight
Though it hasn’t purposely been designed for the AR 15 platform, if your rifle uses the Picatinny rails, the flashlight can be mounted on it. Designed for handguns, many people are using the SyndeRay G01 on their AR 15’s with great results being registered, though with some DIY-fixes having to be employed. It is the strongest flashlight on this list, having the capability of generating up to 600 lumens of light. This is pretty impressive if you also compare with its price as it is also the cheapest on this list.
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
- Its price is impressive and it is one of those lights that will give you value for your money
- Comes with a reflector inside the product’s lens, which makes it possible for peripheral and long distance focusing
- Generates some of the highest amounts of light, with up to 600 lumens white light generation capability
- Crafted from durable aircraft standard aluminum material and is weatherproof hence impressively durable. The body has been anodized for even better durability performances
- Comes with Strobe and high switch modes and is compact & lightweight for easy carry
- It won’t fix on most of the rifles without DIY-fixes being employed
Best Flashlight for AR 15 Buying Guide
1. Flashlight Durability
The durability of a flashlight is mainly determined by the construction material, the finish of the product and other important features such as insulation. Go for a product that features hard metal designs such as an aircraft grade aluminum etc. The product also needs to come with some insulation that will protect the flashlight from the effects of recoil, especially if you will be using your rifle to brave many fights. Let it have some durable finish that can make it withstand scratches.
2. LED Lumens
LED lumens are mainly needed for night shooting when you want to illuminate that dark environment so as to have a clear sight of your target. Unfortunately, such a bright light may end up giving your position hence may not always be needed. The number of LED lumens a flashlight can generate is always directly proportional to the light’s brightness.
The more the number of special functions and interface there are in a flashlight, the higher the accuracy of one’s shooting. You may need to consider additional features such as specially designed grips for AR 15 or even the green light & red laser props. Some interfaces may also end up improving the shooting comfort. Also, consider the switch placement as this is something that can affect your tactical shooting performance.
In anything that you do, lack of comfort may mean a reduced efficiency. In the case of gun shooting, reduced efficiency means reduced accuracy. Ensure that your flashlight is non-moving and as recoil proof as possible. It should be one that can go for hundreds of rounds before the user having to tighten the grip once again.
There is no doubt that a tactical flashlight is one of the most important necessities for all those planning to shoot in dark environments such as at night. This doesn’t however mean that when you are hunting or patrolling at night you must use the light. There are instances when it may be prudent you don’t use your light as it may expose you. When looking for the best flashlight for AR 15, there are factors that have to be considered. These include durability, light performance, comfort, additional features and even price. The best flashlight for AR 15 on our list is the SureFire X300. This flashlight is very performance oriented as it is durable and very versatile in deed. If you aren’t on a tight budget, the SureFire X300 is the product that I would recommend.