Have you just bought a Sig Sauer P938 and you are now in the process of shopping for a pleasant holster you can use to carry your gun? There are numerous holster varieties, most of which are good. However, this article purpose is to review only the best and decent holsters out of the big list of products on the market. It is important that you know your requirements as well as the features to look for in the best holsters for SIG P938 before you can set out to look shop for one. Before knowing how to choose the best holster for SIG P938, let’s start by exploring the five top holster choices on the market.
- 1 Top 5 Best Holster for SIG P938 Reviews
- 2 Best Holster for SIG P938 Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Holster for SIG P938 Reviews
1. Talon Tuckable SIG 938 IWB Holster – best leather holster for Sig P938
This product’s construction features a Hermann Oak American Steer Hider Leather material design, coming in either the brown or black color for you to choose from. Having been designed and manufactured by the law enforcement professionals of the United States of America, the product is a strong, durable, and authentic and performance oriented military grade holster that will not disappoint. It is one of the very best Holsters for SIG P938 and one of the most versatile as the manufacturer designs each product for specific gun models and can also be purchased for the left or right-hand performance. The holster comfortably and perfectly fits between the wearer’s shirt and their waistband. It is therefore not surprising that its comfort is one of its main selling points.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- This is a relatively small, comfortable and concealable holster that guaranteed durable performance
- Its price to performance ratio is very appealing
- Designed by the USA law enforcement professionals hence offering you a military touch
- Versatile buying options with almost everyone being offered with something pleasant
- Lack sweat and moisture protection
- Only covers the barrel with the handle remaining exposed out
2. Desantis Mini Scabbard Holster – best pocket holster for Sig P938
This is yet another quality holster that offers the buyers with buying versatility as it can specially be bought for an array of guns, the SIG P938 inclusive. Desantis Mini Scabbard is worn on the belt on the outer side of one’s waistband. It is the best choice for those looking for a simple holster that features a quality durable construction for a long lasting durable performance. An adjustable retention screw is featured in the design, for the customization of how tightly a gun could be held within the holster. Also in the construction is a “belt tunnel” that replaces the loops for firmer holding and attachment of the holster to your body.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- It features a very simple design thus considerably reducing the risks of a slow draw speed.
- The product features a brown or black leather construction, with a design that completely protects the barrel as well as the trigger guard
- It can be used both as an OWB as well as a pocket holster and well fits on your body on both instances
- Has specifically been molded for your SIG P938 and is one of the best holsters for SIG P938 you can get on the market
- It’s not the best for conceal carry if you’re your shirt isn’t loose or you aren’t in a jacket
- The leather quality isn’t the best
3. Sticky Holster – best ankle holster for sig P938
This is one of the best holsters for SIG P938, featuring a design that is meant to be worn on the inside of the user’s waistband but also produces impressive performances when used as a pocket carry holster. Its name comes from the fact that its outside construction features a sticky material, which is intended to cling on to the user’s body as it sticks in their pockets. On the other hand, the inside construction features a smoother material thus necessitating for an easy and quicker draw and re-holstering.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- It is very lightweight, weighing less than 3 ounces thus reducing the risks of dragging down the user’s pants or shorts.
- A combination use with ankle rigs is a possibility
- It’s ambidextrous thus working perfectly for either a left-handed or a right-handed shooter
- Lack belts or clips, which is advantageous to some but disadvantageous to those who may feel unsafe carrying their SIG P938 this way
- Won’t work well with tight pants and with shallow pockets
4. Sig Sauer P938 NO Laser OWB Shield
For a beautiful custom handmade holster for the SIG P938, this should be your final destination. The holster features 1.5-inch big belt slots for a wider range of belt attachment capabilities and also features a 10-degree cant. It is recommended that the holster is worn at a 3:30-4:00 position. It is a very reliable holster to use for carrying your weapon.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- Features a good body shield to protect the weapon from sweat as well as preventing the discomfort that comes with the firearm digging into the user’s body
- The product features a low cut that allows the user a good grip on their firearms during drawing
- It is a very comfortable holster but the easy draw and retention features are only impressive after use for a couple of weeks
- Left-handed shooters are highly disfavored as only right-handed options are available. However, custom orders can be placed for the lefties.
5. Comp-Tac I Max Holster
This Kydex IWB product is one of the best holsters for SIG P938. It comes with some adjustable tension screws that have been provided for Level I retention. Also included are an Allen wrench and a metal belt clip, the latter being responsible for fastening the holster to the user’s waistband, offering a complete trigger guard coverage. You will get the best performance if you wear it with a shirt rather than directly against the skin. This is because of the hard Kydex material that may be abrasive on your skin. It is interesting to know that this is a holster that can be worn either with or without a belt, with the looks still remaining cool. The Comp-Tac can be described as a comfortable, slim and cool product hence its appearance on the list of the best holsters for SIG P938.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Drawing is easy and very fast, with re-holstering also being equally easy with the use of just a single hand
- It offers a highly concealable performance and comes with a clip that is easy to put on/off
- It features a strong durable Kydex material for the durability of the holster and weapon. Recommendable carry is at 4:00 position behind the hip
- Features an adjustable cant, a reversiblecant and is highly associated with the FBI
- Shouldn’t be worn directly against the skin
Best Holster for SIG P938 Buying Guide
There are many things to look for in a holster but the top considerations are as follows:
There is no doubt that a holsters comfort will greatly affect your performance. You need to go for the most comfortable holster possible, some of which as so comfortable that you may even forget that you are having them on. If your holster is too uncomfortable, you will less likely carry your weapon with you. Some of the features that determine comfort include your body type with respect to the holster, your preferred clothing and the holster’s construction material.
As just mentioned above, the holster’s construction material determines the comfort of the holster, but there is also something else-durability. It is important that you go for the most durable holster possible. Though there are a number of materials used for holster construction, products constructed from leather are always the most durable. On the other hand, Kydex material also tends to be durable enough but not as durable as leather. Kydex is usually more comfortable than leather.
Your main reason for shopping for a holster is to conceal your firearm. Otherwise, you would have just been walking with your gun, wielding it in your hand. The best holsters for SIG P938 are those that are able to completely hide the weapon, without some visible “printings” through the clothes.
It is worth mentioning that it isn’t very wise to fully rely on the price factor, independently, without putting other factors into consideration as you shop for your holster. However, upon getting the desirable features in different products, it’s prudent that you go for the cheapest of them all.
This is yet another top priority as you choose a holster. You really won’t relish a scenario when your gun falls out of your holster and drops down or elsewhere. The worse situation is when your gun can easily be pulled out by someone else. There are passive and active retention features in almost all holsters. Manufacturers will often talk of different retention levels. Know the retention type and level you desire for and go for that.
And with all these said which one is the best holster for SIG P938? It is obvious that what works for me may not necessarily work for someone else but in general, the Talon Tuckable IWB Holster tends to carry the day. As a matter of preference, the IWB holsters are preferred over the OWB holsters because of the concealment factor. The Talon Tuckable comes with a high quality leather material for comfort and durability, is highly concealable and offers some of the best draw and re-holster performance. It is the trophy on this list.