Looking bronzed is very high on some of our beauty schedules. But there is always the risk that comes with tanning. When I am trying to get a tan on a sunbed, the powerful UV rays are always on my mind. That is why I want to get my tan as quickly as possible: to limit UV exposure. A faster tan also saves time during the day, and money spent on sunbeds. That is why I found that tanning lotions are well worth the small price you pay for them. But you have to get the right one. That is why I’ve compiled a list of my top ten sunbed tanning lotions, so you don’t have to worry whether or not the product you are buying will work.
- 1 The Top Ten Best Indoor Tanning Lotions To Buy In 2020 Reviews
- 1.1 1. Dark Escape Intensifier Tanning Lotion
- 1.2 2. Self Tanner – Organic and Natural Ingredients Sunless Tanning Lotion and Best Bronzer Golden Buildable Light
- 1.3 3. OrganicGOLD Virgin Coconut Best Outdoor Sun Tanning Oil for Faster & Natural Golden Brown Tan 100ml (Coffee & Lavander)
- 1.4 4. Maui Babe Browning Lotion 8 Ounces
- 1.5 5. Pro Tan Radically Hemp Ultra Powerful 10X Dark Tanning Gelee Accelerator 8.5 oz
- 1.6 6. Australian Gold Sinfully Black 15x Deep Dark Bronzing Tanning Lotion, 8.5 Ounce
- 1.7 7. Millenium Tanning Insanely Black Ultra Dark Bronzer Tanning Lotion Beyond Blaque, 60x, 13.5-Ounce
- 1.8 8. Yes Way Rose, Champagne and Diamond Infused Matte Finish Tanning Lotion Bronzer 12.25 Ounce
- 1.9 9. Devoted Creations Blonde Obsession Lotion 12 Ounce
- 1.10 10. The It List, Hypoallergenic and Vegan Tanning Lotion 10 Ounce, No Gluten, Oil, Paraben, Wheat, Vegan or Nuts
- 2 Indoor Tanning Lotion Buying Guide
- 3 The Importance Of Skin Care
- 4 The Best Indoor Tanning Lotion
The Top Ten Best Indoor Tanning Lotions To Buy In 2020 Reviews
1. Dark Escape Intensifier Tanning Lotion
Our Rating: (4.9 / 5)
This tanning lotion is a fast-acting deep tanner. It is enriched with coconut oil, which helps you tan and moisturizes your skin. It is also hypoallergenic, which is a must for people with pale, dry, or otherwise sensitive skin. And it has agave nectar and balm mint extracts, which help protect your skin from damage. Its smell is pleasant and it goes on nicely, no drip or greasiness.
2. Self Tanner – Organic and Natural Ingredients Sunless Tanning Lotion and Best Bronzer Golden Buildable Light
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
This tanner is perfect for anyone who uses only organic products. It is made of aloe vera, shea butter and coconut oil for moisture. It has jojoba oil, argan oil, green tea and witch hazed to heal your skin. The active tanning agent is natural DHA. It works incredibly well, helps keep your tan topped up if you miss a sunbed session, and is fully natural and vegan as well.
3. OrganicGOLD Virgin Coconut Best Outdoor Sun Tanning Oil for Faster & Natural Golden Brown Tan 100ml (Coffee & Lavander)
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
Another completely natural, organic, GMO-free lotion. This one is so light and soft it barely feels like you’re wearing anything. It is loaded with healthy fats which act as anti-fungal and anti-baterial agents, protecting your skin. The coconut oil helps you tan, and the coffee and lavender elements make it smell great.
4. Maui Babe Browning Lotion 8 Ounces
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
This all natural browning lotion is made with a secret blend, but regardless of what’s in it, it delivers a great tan. It is especially kind to sensitive skin, we have noticed, but it is one of the greasier products out there, maybe too greasy for your face.
5. Pro Tan Radically Hemp Ultra Powerful 10X Dark Tanning Gelee Accelerator 8.5 oz
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
For an amazingly solid tan, fast, this product is unbeatable. It penetrates deep into the skin and the blend of herbal extracts accelerates tanning like nobody’s business. It’s unbelievable. It is not fully natural, and not recommended for beginner tanners, though.
6. Australian Gold Sinfully Black 15x Deep Dark Bronzing Tanning Lotion, 8.5 Ounce
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
If you want a great smelling, fast acting bronzer with included moisturizer, this is a great product. It is not fully natural, but it delivers a great tan fast and doesn’t leave oily residue or stains behind. The tan is streak-free and blotch-free.
7. Millenium Tanning Insanely Black Ultra Dark Bronzer Tanning Lotion Beyond Blaque, 60x, 13.5-Ounce
Our Rating: (3.5 / 5)
If no matter how dark you get you are never dark enough, this may be the product for you. The formula is sixty times as powerful as a basic tanner, meaning that even if you think you are as dark as you can get, it will get you darker. It is silicone based, so it goes on smooth without leaving greasy residue. The fragrance is rich and refreshing. Just beware the “tingle” part if you are very fair skinned. This can make you burn.
8. Yes Way Rose, Champagne and Diamond Infused Matte Finish Tanning Lotion Bronzer 12.25 Ounce
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
If you’re looking for a truly luxurious, pampering experience, this champagne and diamond infused bronzer is awesome. You will feel worth your weight in gold when using it, trust me. It adds some extra pigment and tans, meaning you get your tan fast and it stays well. It has protection against colour fading in tattoos, which is important, and it reduces the visual impact of cellulite. That said, it will not deliver the darkest results.
9. Devoted Creations Blonde Obsession Lotion 12 Ounce
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
This tanning lotion not only enhances your brown tan, but also helps your skin. It combines some of the company’s best-selling anti-ageing products with a tan stimulator. This means it tightens, tones and adds youth to your skin. It also has an inbuilt dark spot corrector, in case your tan becomes uneven or if you have a more strongly melanated area of skin. This means it can also be good for people with dark skin who want to go darker. It has no tingle factor and no risk of burning if used correctly.
10. The It List, Hypoallergenic and Vegan Tanning Lotion 10 Ounce, No Gluten, Oil, Paraben, Wheat, Vegan or Nuts
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
If you want the safest product around in tanning, this is it. It has no animal products or gluten, which makes it safe for people with ethical requirements and allergies. This product is also oil and paraben free, making it very gentle on your skin. It has ginger and aloe to hydrate your skin, and caffeine extracts to tighten the skin. However this is not the product you want if you’re looking for a really dark tan.
Indoor Tanning Lotion Buying Guide
When looking for an indoor tanning lotion, you need to consider every aspect of it. The first and most important is whether your are a beginner tanner or someone who needs to go darker than before. It doesn’t matter what your natural skin tone is: if you don’t get out in the sun, or use sunbeds much, you are a beginner. Likewise, if you haven’t got a natural tan for over a year, treat yourself as a beginner. Here you need to start with a gentle lotion and build up. If you already have a natural tan and go tanning often, you have more options and need to go for stronger lotions.
You also need to consider the ethical and health elements. Many natural tanning lotions are not vegan and include not-based oils, which may cause allergies. Some use wheat as a moisturizing agent. And others use irritants and stimulants to exfoliate and tighten your skin. If you are sensitive to caffeine, for example, this may be a problem for you. On the flip side, some lotions offer healthy compounds that reverse the effects of aging, hydrate, and protect your skin from dangerous fungal and bacterial infections. These may be something to consider if you tan a lot. Always read the ingredients and make sure to choose a lotion that is right for you. When in doubt, contact the manufacturer with your concerns.
The Importance Of Skin Care
Please bear in mind that lotions designed specifically for use on sunbeds have no SPF factor, and many cannot be used alongside SPF sun lotions. It is advised to always use some SPF if you will be out in direct sunlight, to protect against skin cancer. Therefore, do not use these lotions out and about unless the manufacturer says they are for indoor and outdoor use.
Also, although sunbeds can be less dangerous than direct sunlight in terms of cancer risk, there is still a risk. Do not use sunbeds more than the recommended number of times a month, and use them for short periods. That’s what the lotions are for: so you don’t have to spend as much time on a sunbed.
Finally, remember that all tanning damages the skin, causing it to sag and wrinkle more easily. Tan responsibly and use a beauty regime that counteracts the effects of tanning on the skin surface cells, so that your skin can stay tight and beautiful for longer.
The Best Indoor Tanning Lotion
The OrganicGOLD Virgin Coconut Best Outdoor Sun Tanning Oil for Faster & Natural Golden Brown Tan has got to be the best on the market right now. It is totally natural, organic, and GMO-free. The ingredients list is transparent. It has a great smell, is smooth and non-greasy, and leaves us with a dark tan in only a few sessions.