When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Kerosene heaters, also referred to as paraffin heaters are portable space heating devices that are fueled with kerosene. In the United States, they are very popular and are used as supplemental heat sources. They are also the heating devices used in case of emergency for instance during a power outage.
They are usually unvented therefore all their products of combustion are released into the indoor air. Kerosene heaters will not just keep you warm but can also do your cooking. If this is a device you might be interested in, picking the best kerosene heater need not be a hard task. This is a complete guide that should help you during your shopping:
- 1 Top 10 Best Kerosene Heater 2020 Reviews
- 1.1 Kerosene heaters under $150
- 1.2 1. Sengoku HMN-110 HeatMate 10,000-BTU Portable Radiant Kerosene Heater
- 1.3 2. Sengoku CT-110 Keroheat 10,000-BTU Portable Radiant Kerosene Heater
- 1.4 Best kerosene heater under $200
- 1.5 1. Dura Heat Convection Kerosene Heater, 23, 000 BTU, Indoor- DH2304
- 1.6 2. Dyna-Glo RMC-55R7 Indoor Kerosene Radiant Heater, 10000 BTU, Ivory
- 1.7 Best kerosene heaters under $250
- 1.8 1. Mr. Heater F270270 MH75KTR Contractor 70,000- BTU Forced Air Kerosene Heater
- 1.9 2. 70,000 BTU Kerosene Forced Air Heater with Thermostat
- 1.10 Best kerosene heater under $300
- 1.11 1. 70,000 BTU Kerosene Radiant ‘Sun Stream’ Heater
- 1.12 Best kerosene heaters under $400
- 1.13 1. BE Pressure HK070F 70000 BTU Kerosene/Diesel Forced Air Heater, 120V
- 1.14 2. Mr. Heater F270320 MH125KTR Contractor 125, 000-BTU Forced-Air Kerosene Heater
- 1.15 Best kerosene heater under $500
- 1.16 1. Dyna-Glo KFA50DGD 50,000 BTU Kerosene Forced Air Heater
- 2 Conclusion
Top 10 Best Kerosene Heater 2020 Reviews
Kerosene heaters under $150
1. Sengoku HMN-110 HeatMate 10,000-BTU Portable Radiant Kerosene Heater
This is a very economical alternative to heat up your home and any other indoor space. It is a great choice when faced with increasing energy costs. The heater can provide heat for up to 14 full hours when filled with fuel up to its full capacity The heater does not require any electrical connection for operation. It comes with a siphon pump and four c batteries in the package. The best part is that it is highly portable. You can therefore use it wherever you want to heat up at any time without worrying about transporting it. It is safe and easy to use, and is fitted with an automatic shut off switch and safety protected guard. In addition, it features an automatic igniter and flame adjuster.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- It is ideal for first time users as it is safe and easy to use.
- You will not incur extra expenses after its purchase.
- Up to 14 full hours of heat can be provided.
- Maintenance can be complicated for a first time user.
2. Sengoku CT-110 Keroheat 10,000-BTU Portable Radiant Kerosene Heater
You will love this kerosene heater if you are looking for the best alternative to an electrical heater. First of all, it will help you cut down your heating costs and also help you heat your home even on those days there is power outage. This heater features a 1.2-gallon fuel capacity, and when full, it is able to provide heat for up to 14 hours. It has some amazing features including an automatic igniter, a flame adjuster, a siphon pump among others. It comes with four C batteries included, so you will not have to buy before use. For added safety, it has a shutoff switch, a tip over switch and a safety protected guard.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- It comes with everything you will need to operate it.
- The product provides enough warmth and comfort even in the coldest spaces.
- It is absolutely safe to use.
- Wick replacement needs to be done regularly.
Best kerosene heater under $200
1. Dura Heat Convection Kerosene Heater, 23, 000 BTU, Indoor- DH2304
This is a very popular kerosene heater in many homes. It is able to project 23, ooo BTU’s of heat in a 360-degree radius. This means that it is able to heat a large surface area, extending up to 1000 square feet. It is a perfect choice for emergencies and also winter outages and can provide heat for up to 12 hours on 2 gallons of kerosene. Other than heating, it will provide sufficient light when the power is out. It does not require any electrical connection in order to operate.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- It can heat an area of up to 1000 sq. feet.
- The product is very easy to assemble and operate.
- It projects heat in a 360-degree radius. This ensures that every part of your space is heated up evenly.
- This heater has a great heat output. It can therefore be relied upon when it is extremely cold and there are no other heating mechanisms.
- It is very efficient.
- Its carrying arm mechanism can become unstable.
2. Dyna-Glo RMC-55R7 Indoor Kerosene Radiant Heater, 10000 BTU, Ivory
This is a great kerosene heater which produces an infra-red radiant heat that is able to warm people and objects. It is great to use in homes garages enclosed porches, workshops, warehouses, basements and anywhere else you might need a little heating. It is able to heat up to 500 sq feet for up to 13 hours with only a gallon tank of kerosene. For user safety, it includes a manual shutoff knob and safety tip switch to automatically switch it off.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Has highly advanced safety features.
- It is reliable and ideal for daily use as well as in the event of emergencies.
- If you are looking to cut down on your energy bills, this is a very economical heating alternative. You can use it to only heat the occupied spaces to save on heating costs.
- It is a very convenient heater that is easy to use. It comes with an automatic ignition and one touch shut off that are very easy to use.
- Proper use is required for best results. Improper use will result in heat that is not well distributed.
Best kerosene heaters under $250
1. Mr. Heater F270270 MH75KTR Contractor 70,000- BTU Forced Air Kerosene Heater
This is among the best kerosene heaters you will get in the market today. It has been designed using high quality materials in order to give its users long time service. It is very easy to use; assembly takes about 5 minutes; after which you can start heating it up with it. It is best to use on jobsites, garages and in any space that you want to heat up on those cold days when there is no other heating means. These heaters are equipped with high output have enclosed motors and large gloves that have user friendly controls. To help with safety, they come with high limit safety switches and photo CAD cells that will shut the units off in case of an unsafe condition.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- These heaters are absolutely safe.
- They are perfect for all types of users, whether new or experienced in use of kerosene heaters.
- One heater can heat for about 11 hours on full tank.
- The heater is able to produce instant heat that is economical and highly efficient.
- Alternatives are able to run for more hours on a full tank of fuel.
2. 70,000 BTU Kerosene Forced Air Heater with Thermostat
This is a great choice of a kerosene heater for professionals and those people who DIY and are looking for a portable heater that can heat up their working space. You can use it anywhere you want to work in, due to the high portability. There are larger ones that use heavy duty pneumatic tires. These tires make it easy to move them from one space to the other. This can be used to heat up garages, warehouses, workshops, construction sites, farms and any other area where a portable heater can be applied.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- This heater is able to heat up to 1700 sq. feet.
- It can go up to 9 hours on a full 5-gallon tank.
- This product comes with an inbuilt thermostat.
- It is easy to use, with an easy to operate power on/off switch.
- It uses a considerable amount of kerosene to produce adequate heat.
Best kerosene heater under $300
1. 70,000 BTU Kerosene Radiant ‘Sun Stream’ Heater
If you are a professional or a DIY person and you are looking for a portable heater, this is a good choice. It will not only cut down your cost of heating but also conveniently heat your space as you work. It is a perfect heater for use in garages, construction sites, warehouses, farms, aircraft hangers among other areas. Its advantage is that it uses radiant heat technology, which makes it less noisy compared to other air heaters around. It heats just like the sun; therefore, it is not affected by wind in any way.
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
- This heater is able to heat up to 1750 sq. feet,
- It can operate for about 7 hours in a full 4-gallon tank,
- Its radiant and fan forced heating system makes it more efficient than many other heaters around.
- It is easy to operate, with a clear on/off button.
- It requires proper maintenance from time to time for it to work well.
Best kerosene heaters under $400
1. BE Pressure HK070F 70000 BTU Kerosene/Diesel Forced Air Heater, 120V
This is a great heater to choose for people who want to heat their spaces without thinking of energy costs. It is able to run sulfur diesel without too much of a fuel smell. It is a rare kind of kerosene heater. This is because it comes with a fuel pressure gage, something that is not easily found in many kerosene heaters. Some of its best features include an inbuilt thermostat, an inbuilt calibrated air pressure gauge, a handle that make it easy to lift among others.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- It is very easy to move around to the place where you want to heat. This is due to its easy-lift handle.
- It can heat up to 1700 sq. feet.
- It is very easy to set up.
- The heater is absolutely safe.
- You will find it very easy to use as it comes with a clear on/off button.
- It might be a little loud for someone who prefers a quiet heater.
2. Mr. Heater F270320 MH125KTR Contractor 125, 000-BTU Forced-Air Kerosene Heater
This is a 125,000 forced air kerosene heater that is able to heat up to 3, 125 sq feet. With an 8.5 gallon full of fuel tank, it can heat for up to 15 hours. It comes with an adjustable thermostat; therefore, you are able to regulate the amount of heat you want it to produce conveniently. It uses a high-output fan, with no flame production. There is an over-heat safety sensor that features an automatic shut-off in order to keep you safe as you enjoy your heated space.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- It is highly portable and very easy to transport. It uses oversized pneumatic tires that allows for smooth transport.
- This heater is very easy to operate by all kinds of users, whether new or experienced.
- The heater is also absolutely safe. It uses an automatic shut-off button in case of over-heating or any other dangerous situation.
- As it is more powerful, it requires a large amount of kerosene to work at optimum levels.
Best kerosene heater under $500
1. Dyna-Glo KFA50DGD 50,000 BTU Kerosene Forced Air Heater
This is a great quality kerosene heater that produces 45,000BTUs in order to heat areas up to 1, 100 sq feet. It is a great choice for use in an outdoor construction site, in an agricultural building, industrial workspaces and any other large area that you want to heat up in those extremely cold days/nights. Its main advantage is that it is highly portable. It is therefore very easy to move it to areas where you need to heat most. On a 5-gallon fuel capacity, it is able to run for about 14 hours. As a safety feature, it has an auto fuel shut off and overheat shut off protections.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Dyna-Glo is a very safe heater.
- It has a separate fuel cap. It also uses a special kind of runtime fuel gauge,
- This heater is very easy to operate its on/off switch, which comes with LED error light to alert you just in case there is a problem.
- It is large but does not cover a significant square footage area.
Kerosene heaters are in most parts of the country used as an alternative to electric heaters. They are only needed on those days when there is a power outage or an emergency. It is always good to have because you might need to heat up your space when there is a problem with your main heating system. Choosing the right one for your needs may however not be an easy thing. Dyna-Glo KFA50DGD is an amazing choice. This is because it is highly portable and does not consume a lot of kerosene. It is also easy to assemble and use and above all, it is highly reliable.
Read more related products reviews: