Ladies are more familiar with Microcurrent machines because these are now the safest noninvasive beauty treatment innovations used in the anti-aging industry. Commonly found in beauty salons and facial skin care clinics, lots of the portable ones can now be purchased online for home use. And once you’ve found the best microcurrent machine, you won’t believe the benefits it can do to improve your facial skin tone.
Unbelievably, lots of men are also going to facial care clinics to try the microcurrent facial machines. Since thousands of people worldwide attested that their facial tones improved and made them look younger, not surprisingly, people are now getting interested and wanted to try these.
Microcurrent machines are seen as the best alternatives for invasive treatments such as Botox and facial lift surgeries.
- 1 What is Microcurrent Machine and What Does it Do?
- 2 How to Choose the Best Microcurrent Machine for Home Use?
- 3 Top 5 Microcurrent Machines for 2019 Reviews
- 4 How to Get the Best From Your Microcurrent Machine
- 5 Tips and Tricks on the Proper Use of a Microcurrent Machine
- 6 Conclusion
What is Microcurrent Machine and What Does it Do?
Microfacial machines are often referred to as “natural facelifts”. These are electronic devices that emit very low-voltage electrical currents that resemble your body’s electrical currents.
Since our skin normally loses muscle tone and sag due to the depletion of collagen as we age, the one thing that can stimulate the growth of collagen is the flow of extremely low electrical currents through the facial tissues.
Previously used to rehabilitate people that suffer from Bell’s palsies, studies show that with regular microcurrent therapy, this can improve muscle tone both in the face and neck. It can also eliminate wrinkles and fine lines, lift eyebrows and improve lymphatic drainage.
Overall, the circulation of blood on your facial tissues will be enhanced with regular treatment and you can have younger looking skin, better-contoured face and a firmer and healthier facial tone.
Watch this video to see how a microcurrent gadget should be used and how it helped people.
How to Choose the Best Microcurrent Machine for Home Use?
- Must be very portable you can carry it even when traveling.
- Multi-settings to enable you to feel the right intensity you need.
- Must come with a complete package or with the basic accessories. The basic requirements should be its power cable, conductive gel or lotion, and heating or cooling hammers.
- Multi-featured to allow you to use on other parts of your body for therapy or treatment. This depends on the brand and model.
- Its electrical current must be adaptable in your face’ sensitive areas.
- Long battery life.
- With easy-to-understand instructions.
- Good warranty coverage.
To make it easy for you to choose, we have searched and reviewed five of the best microcurrent machines that are now very popular.
Top 5 Microcurrent Machines for 2019 Reviews
1. NuFACE Trinity Facial Trainer Kit
This NuFace product is one of the most popular microcurrent devices among home users because it can provide the same results like you’re going to a regular spa for facial treatments. In spite of its small size, it can firm your facial skin especially if you’ll use it daily for around 5 to 20 minutes. FDA approved, it is clinically tested to be a very safe and effective facial toning device.
You may also like its self-timer feature and auto-shut off so that you won’t overdo your session. If you like a cordless facial toner with five level intensity, this one you should consider checking out. And with interchangeable attachments and a smart skin sensor, you will see that this all comes complete.
Our Rating: (3.3 / 5)
- Self-timer and automatic shut-off.
- Cordless with a rechargeable battery.
- 5 frequency intensity level.
- Can see results in 5 minutes of use.
- Interchangeable heads and attachments to target specific points.
- Smart skin sensor to automatically adjust current based on your skin tone.
- Additional attachments like wrinkle reducer can be ordered from NuFACE.
- Anti-aging gels, brightening gels, collage-boosting gels and 24-karat gold gels can also be ordered from NuFace.
- Improves facial contours and skin tone.
- Ideal for eliminating wrinkles around the eyes and mouth area.
- Comes with gel primer with the kit.
- FDA approved.
- The warranty can be requested from Customer Service.
- Could take 12 hours to get fully charge.
- Short battery life.
2. 7E Myolift Professional
The 7E Myolift is also an FDA cleared face toning and lifting gadget that has been gathering positive reviews then and there. Well, looking at it, it may look like a large current meter. But because it has a large LCD screen, you can easily see the intensity of electric current that passes through your face. You can also monitor the duration of each treatment to prevent overuse.
This unit comes with two wands that are sleek and handy. As compared to other microcurrent machines that are bulky and heavy, this one is very user-friendly, very easy to operate and with buttons that make adjusting easy.
It also has two significant modes: Erase and Educate. Each mode provides different frequency at 2 level settings. Educate mode is used when toning up large areas of your face. Erase mode is for refining wrinkles and fine lines.
For those who only want to use natural ingredients on their faces, they will be glad this gadget comes with a seaweed gel. Seaweed extract can help rejuvenate the skin and very safe even for those with sensitive skin.
Our Rating: (3.4 / 5)
- Unique design for accurate usability.
- Gentle on the face and help improve ATP (adenosine triphosphate) and collagen production.
- Very lightweight, small and handy.
- LCD display to let you monitor the current you use and the duration of treatment.
- Uses rechargeable batteries for utmost portability. A single charge can last for months.
- Two levels in two modes: Erase and Educate.
- Two wands with two tips that can also be used in other parts of the body.
- Ideal gadget in toning down sagging skin, improving facial contour and eyebrow lifting.
- FDA approved.
- Ideal as a beauty prep tool prior to a party or any event.
- Can be used daily for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Warranty: Check manufacturer’s website.
- May need a good deal of practice to perfect its benefits.
3. Project E Beauty
The Project E microcurrent machine is one unique microcurrent machine because it utilizes galvanic treatments which involved Desincrustation and Iontophoresis processes. Desincrustation is the process of deep cleansing the skin by softening hardened sebum in preparation for iontophoresis.
Iontophoresis, on the other hand, helps the conductive cream or solution to penetrate into the skin tissues to improve the circulation in the vascular and lymphatic area on your face. These processes enhance the function of the cellular membrane and aid the trapped fat and fluid to get drained and wasted. With regular use, users say wrinkles may disappear in no time.
This unit is so easy to operate and very slim and light. And when it comes to price, this is one of the best inexpensive beauty gadgets you can buy for home use. You may also want this to be your traveling beauty perky buddy.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
- Uses galvanic treatments in two processes: Desincrustation and Iontophoresis.
- Cleanses the face of the dirt trapped in tissues and disperse it.
- Can be used effectively on the neck, around the eyes and nose.
- Portable, wireless and rechargeable.
- Comes with roller probe, ball probe, power cord and instruction manual (English).
- Adjustable intensity level.
- With 30 ml Duplex E Collagen Ion Gel.
- Not advisable to use for people with bridge work or braces.
- May malfunction with overuse.
4. Skin Care Experts Microcurrent Face Lift
This simple toning device looks basic and actually easy to use. Very compact, there’s no wand or wire that could bring inconvenience in using it. This product is known on many facial skin clinics in effectively stimulating basal cells to grow. These cells are what form the epidermis which is the outer layer of the skin. By stimulation, new skin cells grow and push the wrinkled skin upward and this is how fine lines and wrinkles can disappear.
However, the Skin Care Experts gadget is not a magic wand that could produce progress overnight. Accordingly, obvious positive results may show in almost a month since cell growth could be slow. But the good news is, even deep wrinkles can disappear as they become filled with new tissues. So the good results can be long lasting.
Users also say that this could be the best microcurrent machine in improving the contour of the face and can even eliminate folds in the neck which we know as “turkey neck”.
Our Rating: (3.5 / 5)
- Very compact and user-friendly.
- Positive results could be long term.
- Best use for face lifting, eliminating deep wrinkles and can strengthen and tone neck muscles.
- Cordless with rechargeable batteries.
- Most convenient for home use.
- The longer you use it, the better the results and long lasting.
- Safety feature: an inbuilt timer that automatically shuts off the unit after 10 minutes.
- Warranty: Find it on product’s website or contact the seller.
- Not advisable to use by people with dental braces.
- May not work for some people.
5. Eye Zone Lifting Massager. Micro-mini Current. Battery Operated
This new Eye Zone Lifting Massager is just a small and affordable microcurrent machine but very effective. For those who wanted to firm up and lift the areas around their eyes or eliminate small lines anywhere on their faces, this one is said to be very good. But if you wanted to tone up the muscles on your cheeks or eliminate neck wrinkles, this may not produce your goal.
And although the majority of the microcurrent machines today are rechargeable, this unit works on 2 AAA batteries that are readily available in any grocery store. It has 5 level intensity settings so you can choose the level of muscle contractions you want. Also, it only emits low current that you won’t feel it.
Using it daily for 5 to 10 minutes, users say they have seen good results after few days on a high-intensity level setting. And once improvements started to get obvious, you can now set the settings to lower intensity.
Based on manufacturer’s instructions, if you want to restore muscle tissues, setting it to 20-40uA is advisable. If you wanted to stimulate the circulation in the lymphatic drainage, 100-300uA setting is ideal. The highest setting is for micro-iontophoresis (serum infusion).
Our Rating: (3.4 / 5)
- Battery operated to eliminate worries about charging needs.
- Batteries included.
- Best for fine lines and toning up muscles around the eye and mouth area.
- Five intensity settings option.
- Easy to adjust settings.
- Comes with a conductive lotion for the nodes and 5 eye masks.
- Very light, small and very easy to use.
- Ideal as a travel beauty gadget companion.
- The right microcurrent gadget for first-time users.
- More strokes may be required to cover large areas.
- Advisable to use only for fine lines or small wrinkles.
How to Get the Best From Your Microcurrent Machine
Most of us get easily attracted in buying beauty innovations especially if these are affordable and one of these innovations can be the Microcurrent machines. They do seem easy to use because these were designed as basic machines to produce wonderful results.
However, while doing our reviews we have found that in spite of the good reviews these microcurrent machines gathered, we have also seen a number of reviews that discuss dissatisfactions. Some say these did not do anything better while others experienced numbness on their faces or develop darkened skin around their eye areas.
So to avoid feelings of letdowns or to avoid the occurrence of mishaps, we have good tips for you on how to properly use your microcurrent machines and let you gain the benefits you deserve.
Tips and Tricks on the Proper Use of a Microcurrent Machine
- Read the manual first and understand the step-by-step instruction on the proper use of the machine.
- Use only recommended conductive gel. If gel produces stinging sensation, change it with other recommended gels.
- Watch more videos on YouTube on how to properly use a microcurrent facial machine. Or visit the website of your purchased product and see how it should be used. The improper way like wrong massaging directions may not produce good results.
- Avoid using the machine beyond the recommended duration with the highest intensity level especially on soft spots like around the eye area. Overuse or using highest intensity current where it’s not required may result in black-eye like results.
- Read reviews of the product you intend to buy first.
Microcurrent machines are just inexpensive portable gadgets but can bring a lot of good changes in your facial features. If you are paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for facial toning and rejuvenation on facial care clinics, they are basically worth a try. With their noninvasive uses, they can be the best and safest alternatives for Botox and other dangerous surgical procedures.
The microcurrent facial machines we have presented here were carefully chosen because of the good ratings and positive reviews they earned from actual users. And although not all purchasers were satisfied with some of them, we have to consider that there is only the proper way to use a microcurrent machine to render it useful and efficient.
On our side, we have chosen the Project E Beauty to be the best microcurrent machine mainly because it features a galvanic treatment that science has proven to be an effective way of cleansing and rejuvenating the skin. It can also be efficient in smoothening outlines around the nose and eyes as well as can even tone up sagging skin on the neck area.
Moreover, as have been said, all of these five gadgets are the best in the market. So why not check them out and take your pick.
If you find this review helpful, please comment below or recommend this review to your friends.