Gone are those days when one would have to pack their range accessories and go home just because it had fallen dark and they aren’t able to continue having fun. Today, packing and leaving is fully under your discretion. This can be attributed to the advancements of technology that when well employed, your day and night end up having almost no difference as far as target acquisition is concerned.
When hunting with a Glock 19, you won’t be able to stay after darkness falls if you don’t have the right night sights for your gun. We are thus dedicated to helping you choose the best night sights for Glock 19. We will be considering the characteristics and components associated with Glock Sights, more specifically the night versions.
- 1 Benefits of having Night Sights for Glock 19
- 2 The Top 5 Picks of the Best Night Sights for Glock 19 In 2020 Reviews
- 3 How to Choose the Best Glock 19
- 4 Bottom line
Benefits of having Night Sights for Glock 19
As mentioned above, night sights are a necessity if one wants to eliminate the cases where darkness fall would limit how, where and when to use their guns. In a nutshell before are the benefits of having the best product for your Glock 19
- Defensive Efficiency:Would you really call your gun a defensive gun if you aren’t able to use it at midnight while walking through the dark alleys towards your home? A night sight if a must-have for your defensive Glock 19 firearm as it allows for 24-hour readiness.
- Reliable Fun Experience:It will be so disheartening for you to leave the range when you are just at the climax of your shooting, simply because it is nightfall. Having installed the best night sight for Glock 19 will enable you to tarry a little longer till you are either satisfied or tired.
The Top 5 Picks of the Best Night Sights for Glock 19 In 2020 Reviews
1. Trijicon HD GL101O
The Trijicon name has been reminiscent of quality, durability, performance and construction of night sights for quite some time now. The company hasn’t disappointed as can be seen through this product. The Trijicon HD GL101O is a 3-dot iron sight type coming with an advanced system for increased accuracy. One main selling point of this product is its use of great visibility tritium tubes instead of the fiber optics that are used by most of the other products. Together with the use of an advanced protective technology, the product is just one of the best night sights for Glock 19 you will get on the market.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- Durability: The product’s design features a body that has been mounted on silicone rubber. This ensures that the product ends up being highly shock & recoil resistant. It is because of such great durability confidence that the product comes with such a long 12-year warranty period
- Versatility: The sight is compatible with almost all the Glock. It can also be carried either in your carry bag or even in most holsters.
- All Light Condition Sight: It isn’t not only meant for the nights but also comes with lamps featuring white circles, which makes it possible for aiming to be done at daytime.
- Easy Use: Installation it so simple and target acquisition is as easy as ABC
- Quality Lamp Construction: Its lamps are sapphire capped to protect the lamp from solvents and debris while at the same time necessitating for even light distribution.
- It features a photo luminescent paint, which goes away with time. When this happens, the sight will be limited to only night use
2. Meprolight Glock Night Sight
This would be my best bet for the best night sight for Glock 19 for a budget buyer. The product comes with a metal construction featuring a number of color combinations, with the green/green combination being the most popular. The models can be used on almost any Glock there is on the market. Employing the use of radioactive tritium, the sight offers unquestionable durability and battery-free illumination performance. Is this an overstatement? You need to ask yourself the reason why the military, law enforcement departments and civilians all trust this product in equal measure and you will come to the conclusion that truly, even though the low price may be deceptive, the Meprolight Glock Night Sight is one of the best night sights for Glock 19.
Our Rating: (5 / 5)
- Price: This Meprolight Glock night sight features the best price to performance ration of all the products on the market.
- Options for Customers to choose from: It comes with different color combination constructions hence increasing the chances that one will find something elegantly pleasing to their eyes.
- Durability: It is constructed using a metallic material that’s almost impossible to obliterate or even just break down.
- Performance: Of course the reason for buying a night sight is for performance and this product produces incredible performances under low light conditions.
- Very poor daytime performance
3. Ameriglo Pro-IDOT
This is one of the most popular as well as one of the most common night sights for Glock 19. Its popularity should make you curious. Yes! It is one of the best on the market. It Features a green tritium rear lamp as well as another front lamp also featuring the green tritium construction. The house construction is made of steel with a tactful black oxide finish giving it a Midas touch that secures the product from scratches & corrosion hence high durability levels.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- Durability: Other than the above-mentioned construction material and finish that boost the durability, the night sight also features a sapphire screen protection for preventing water and residues from damaging the tritium insert.
- Versatility: The model is compatible with 13 different Glock types. You will also use your sight both during the day as well as at night.
- Perfect Fitting: There is nothing as bad as a night site that doesn’t fit. Even if the sight has the best of features if it doesn’t fit your gun that is probably the worst sight you can ever buy. The good news is that the Ameriglo Pro-IDOT is one of the best fitting night sights on the market
- Easy to Use: If you can efficiently aim, then you won’t efficiently shoot. This sight allows for faster and much easier aiming hence improved efficiency.
- Installation is a nightmare
If you are accustomed to the 3-dots, adapting to this straight eight sight design will require time.
4. XS Big Dot Tritium Sight System
This is yet another night sight that has been designed to enhance fast target acquisition, no matter what light conditions you are working under. It is a versatile product that’s compatible with about 15 different Glock pistols. Featuring a big tritium dot front sight and a tritium line rear one, the product also features an anti-corrosive black finish that has carefully been done on the steel construction sights. Of course, you know what that means: durability.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Perfect Fitting: The sights have been designed with a size slightly thicker than those factory sights. This makes them too easily and perfectly fit in many holsters.
- Durability: It comes with an anti-corrosive black finish done on its steel material construction thus a resultant durability of the product.
- Perfect Self Defense Performance: The product works best in the short-range self-defense situations with the delivery of high perfection levels being guaranteed.
- Versatility & Compatibility: It’s compatible with a wide array of Glock pistols
- Not meant for use in aiming beyond 15 yards
In a nutshell, due to the perfect short range aiming performance as well as its great concealment feature, the model is just the best night sight for self-defense.
5. TruGlo Bright – Site TFO Handgun Sight
For a unique, versatile, performance-oriented, durability guaranteed and quality night sight, this should be your ultimate destination. The product features a hybrid construction that combines the fiber optic and the advanced tritium technologies. As a result, you get one of the best versatile day and night performance that a sight can offer. In addition to the performance, CNC machined steel is used for an enhanced durable housing.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Concealment: Though a bit larger than the factory counterparts, a snag free construction makes it easily concealable in most holsters on the market. The hidden fiber optic also conceals the product from the game.
- Easy to Use: It features a 3-dot sight system, which is one of the easiest technologies to aim thus making it easy to sight long and close-range targets.
- Performance: Features a green tritium highlight, which is very clear and visible both in the day and at night. Its fiber optic enhances effectiveness under low light conditions.
- Durability: The CNC-machined steel used for the construction of the sight is a type of material that can withstand harsh conditions such as the shooting experiences.
- The green light’s visibility is compromised when a strong light source e.g. headlights or a flashlight is behind you.
How to Choose the Best Glock 19
Following are a few things that need to be kept in mind while buying a Night Sight Glock 19:
1. Type of Sight
Though many gun sight types exist, only three are applicable when it comes to night sighting, with two being the most ideal. These include:
- The 3-Dot Sights: These are standard sights coming with three painted dots, one being in the front with the remaining two being in the rear. For the night 3-dot sight version, fiber optic or tritium inserts replace the paints.
- The I-Dot Setup: The front sight features a large painted dot whereas, for the rear sight, a line is painted just under its notch. It isn’t beginner friendly but when you get used to it, the versions are easier and more accurate to use.
- The 2-Dot Setup: A small dot is displayed, by the product, just under the notch of the rear sight with the front sight featuring a bigger and brighter dot.
Two factors influence the purpose. First, the aiming distance and secondly, the versatility of the gun as far as shooting times is concerned. As mentioned earlier, if it is a self-defense gun, let the sight be one that’s efficient 24-hours a day. Similarly, for self-defense, you may not really need a long-range aiming sight. A 15-yard sight will suffice. This is contrary to when you go out hunting.
3. Night and Day Performance Capabilities
When looking for the right product, you should first consider the night capabilities and performance. But depending on whether you may need to use your gun during the day e.g. a 24-hour self-defense Glock 19, it will be prudent that you consider a mixed day and night type of sight.
Under durability, look at the strength of the construction material, the finishing that has been done on the surface, the length of the warranty, protection technology and advanced durability features.
5. Perfect Fit
Simply because a manufacturer promotes a night sight for use on a Glock 19, it doesn’t mean that you can buy the product blindly. Some products won’t fit well on your gun. Make sure that you consider a sight that will fit well on your Glock 19, as well as one that isn’t too big to be holstered. Remember a Glock 19 is a concealable gun. Let it remain concealable.
It may not be something easy to choose the best night sight for Glock 19. The main reason for such a difficulty is because of the numerous products that are available on the market. First and foremost, understand your requirements, and then know the features you need to have and lastly, start looking for the best product as you ascertain the authenticity of the product by reading the many reviews about your product of choice. On this article, the Trijicon HD GL101O is our best bet. It is very durable, very versatile and very effective. You will rarely go wrong with this product produced by Trijicon-a renowned night sight manufacturer.