When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Projectors have long been used to project still or moving images on a surface, which in most cases is the projection screen. They can be used to create a large screen experience of maybe a commercial movie theater in your own home. Most of them produce very beautiful images, helping those observing see interesting details. You can get such quality images larger than anything you can expect with a flat screen TV. The cost of different projectors varies considerably; though you can get the best projector under 200 with a little bit of searching. Here is a review of some of the best projectors under this category.
- 1 Top 5 Best Projector Under $200 In 2020 Reviews
- 2 Best Projector Under $200 Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Projector Under $200 In 2020 Reviews
1. 720P LED LCD Video Projector, Fugetek FG-857
This is amongst the best and the most powerful projectors you will find in the market today. It is among the most affordable 720p LCD projector in the market today. Handling it is simple due to its light weight nature. Its dimensions are 12.6” x 10” x 4.5” and the total weight of this projector is 6.4 lbs. The native resolution of this projector is 1280 x 800. It features 2 HDMI ports, ready to use with different HDMI equipped devices. The projector also has 2 USB ports, Composite AV and YPbPr. It can guarantee better image and brightness than most of its competitors. The quality of images you get at all times is uncompromised. Customers can trust in what it as it also has a one-year warranty.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- It is a light in weight, great quality projector
- It is ready to use. You just plug it into your PC via VGA or HDMI cables and you can enjoy amazing projection.
- It is a great option for your home theatre, gaming, and backyard movie nights.
- It has very few picture adjustments
2. DBPOWER T20 1500 Lumens LCD Mini Projector
This is a great projector that can guarantee up to 50% more brightness than the ordinary projectors. It is a great choice for home entertainment in the dark, though not good for PPT or business presentations. The projector comes with everything you need for a perfect home entertainment. This includes USB ports, HDMI ports and wireless capabilities. It comes with an updated fan sound and system. It is also equipped with an innovative cooling system with heat dispersion. The fan sound has been cut halfway with noise suppression, to make it less noisy. With this, you can expect to enjoy an amazing watching experience.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Enjoy clear images at all times, thanks to the quality of its construction
- Its low fan noise ensures that you enjoy uninterrupted fan whether you are watching movies, gaming or enjoying football.
- It works just the same as the expensive projectors
- Its lighting and clarity may not be great for anyone that is used to higher quality.
3. iDGLAX DG-747 LED HDMI Movie Video projector
This is a great projector to use. It can allow you to scale your images from 60 up to 150 inches depending on your needs. With a resolution of 800 by 60 pixels, you can be assured that your images will be projected in high definition and that the picture quality will always be best. It has a lumens brightness of 2800, which delivers vivid and lively images for the user. It comes with 2 inbuilt speakers for superior sound production. This is to ensure that your watching experience will be the best all the time.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- It has a long lamp life of about 20, 000 hours to give you longer quality entertainment
- This is a great quality projector for the price
- Its compact body makes it easy to handle and store away. It can easily be hanged when not in use. You can even hide its screen when not in use.
- It is not good for business presentations
4. Projector, Crenova XPE600 LED Video projector
This projector comes with a real 2600 lumens bulb that is bright enough for home cinema or even for children education. It has a glass lens and 6 layer coating that increases transparency and clarity. These will give you an incomparable viewing experience. It comes with an LED bulb, with a lifetime of up to 20, 000 hours for prolonged quality entertainment. You can connect it with your iPad, Smartphone or wirelessly through its wireless adapter and you will enjoy videos, audios and texts on any of your devices on a bigger screen. It can be used for both home entertainment and business presentations.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- It supports multimedia functions including USB, HDMI, VGA, and TV among other inputs. This means it can be connected to your TV, laptop, PC, USB drive, iPad, Smartphone and any other device that has those features.
- It has up to 3 projection methods, which are front, rear and ceiling. Images can therefore be reversed at an angle of 360 degrees. You can therefore put it on your desk or hang it on the ceiling.
- This is a very strong projector that is durable an energy efficient.
- Its projection and picture quality are good but not excellent
5. AAXA LED Pico Projector
This is a mini projector, also called a pocket projector. It is small in size, at just 4.25 inches by 2.36 by 0.7 inches. This Pico projector is almost the same size as most cell phones, but its capability cannot be underestimated. It can deliver a stunning image of 60 inches in dark environments. Furthermore, it is able to project images with a 960 x 540 high definition. This ensures that the colors are lively and the pictures are also very clear. It comes with great features which include an adjustable tripod for stability. It has a mini-HDMI support, micro SD, USB port, composite video input, as well as a 3.5 mm headphone jack to allow you to enjoy unlimited entertainment at home.
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
- It provides high definition resolution for great image quality
- Its vibrant color technology gives you very clear and bright images for superior watching experience
- It is highly portable and comes with an in-built battery to ease your work.
- It may not give you great quality for large scale work
Best Projector Under $200 Buying Guide
Projectors are very good choices one can make for a home theater set up. Most HDTVs are limited when it comes to screen size and they can be heavy and quite difficult to move. Projectors give you all the flexibility you need to enjoy home entertainment on a larger screen size, without compromising on the quality of the images and sound.
There are a several factors that need to be considered before buying a projector, which are:
Unlike TVs, which emit their own light, projectors use reflected light in order to display. They compete with all the other lights in a room in order to be seen. Even a small amount of light can wash out a projected light, therefore you need to ensure that light is limited if you want to enjoy quality images on a larger screen.
2. The size of a projector
There are smaller projectors and these are those that are bigger. You buy what you have enough room for.
3. Its screen
A projector’s effectiveness is seen through the screen it is projecting on. You therefore need a good screen if you want to enjoy good viewing at home. There are a few types of projector screens available in the market today. The one you buy depends on your needs and the amount of space you have for it.
4. Your budget
The kind of projector you buy depends on the amount of money you have set aside for it. If you are working on a budget, you have to shop for a good projector for the amount of money at hand. Good thing is that there are different types of projectors, with different features available in the market today to suit any budget.
Getting the best projector under 200 is possible once you know what the market has to offer. You need to consider all the features each projector comes with as these are what determine its capabilities. From the review, the AAXA LED Pico Projector with 80 Minute Battery Life, Pocket Size, mini-HDMI, 15,000 hour LED life and Media Player is a great choice. It is a great pocket size projector that can guarantee amazing picture quality. It is as small as an ordinary cell phone but its quality and capability is way above expectations.