Humidifiers are a great way to maintain a healthy humidity level at your home. Raising the humidity level in your house improves the overall health of your family since dry air causes sore throats, dry and chapped skin, ruined wood furniture and skin allergies among other diseases. Have you been looking for room humidifier reviews? Worry not; our site has all factors to consider when buying a room humidifier and a buying guide to keep you going.
- 1 Top 5 Best Room Humidifier You Should Buy In 2020 Reviews
- 1.1 1. AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier
- 1.2 2. Honeywell HCM-6009 Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
- 1.3 3. BONECO/Air-O-Swiss Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier 7147
- 1.4 4. Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier
- 1.5 Features and Benefits of Honeywell HCM-350
- 1.6 5. Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying a Room Humidifier
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Room Humidifier You Should Buy In 2020 Reviews
1. AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier
Essick Air MA1201 Whole-House Humidifier is a whole room humidifier that measures 16.523.521.5 inches in terms of length, width and height. It weighs 13.5 pounds and has the capacity to supply moisture to houses that are up to 2500 square feet with 12 gallons moisture output daily. It also has 3.9 gallon water capacity which makes it run for 7 full hours without refilling. For your information, it was #1 seller in whole room humidifiers just recently.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
Features and Specifications
In order to fully fulfill and meet all the purposes intended by the manufacturer, this humidifier model has the following features.
- Digital Humidistat: This enables you as a user to automatically control the amount of humidity you want in your room. It also improves the accuracy such that if you want 50% humidity, this humidifier will maintain your humidity at that level until you change.
- Automatic Shut down Feature: You don’t have to struggle shutting down this humidifier model, when the desired humidity level is reached or when the water in the tank gets depleted, this feature automatically shuts the whole humidifier down.
- Auto Fan mode: It ha 4 speed fan features which you can use to determine how fast you want your room to be humidified.
- Refill Light: This enables you to easily know when the unit needs refilling.
- Removable Side-fill Water Bottle: You do not have to undergo hassles when you want to refill the whole unit; this detachable unit simplifies the whole process and makes refilling easier.
- Super Wick with Antimicrobial Papers: This traps all minerals and impurities from water in the tank. This ensures that the evaporative moisture produced is clean without any contaminants.
- Automatic Dry-out Mode: This is one of the advanced features that this whole house humidifier comes with. You no longer have to worry about growth of bacteria in your unit’s filter.
Many people who have used this Essick Air MA1201 Whole-House Humidifier have recorded the pros and cons below.
- Easy to Operate: With the above features, many users have found it easy to operate due to the above features. Refilling and setting your preferred humidity has been made easier.
- Quick Refilling: The side fill bottle simplifies the whole refilling process.
- Smooth Operation: It doesn’t have wheel, pulleys or belts.
- Noisy: Some consumers have complained of noise from the fans.
2. Honeywell HCM-6009 Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
Honeywell QuietCare Humidifier HCM-6009 is a model of Honeywell cool mist humidifiers that measures 23.2x 1517.5 inches (LXWXH) and weighs 20 pounds. It has a 3.4 gallon tank with ability to produce 9 gallons of air moisture on a daily basis. It’s specifically designed to humidify rooms that measure up to 2300 square feet.
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
Features and Specifications
In order for this Honeywell cool mist humidifier to fulfill its intended purpose fully, it has been built with the following features:
- Low Water Indicator: The Honeywell Quietcare Humidifier HCM-6009 has a low water indicator feature which automatically shuts down whenever the water level reaches the minimum required point. You can also check the level of water by just wiggling the tank. Likewise, the tank’s plastic bottom can easily show if the water level is low.
- Adjustable Humidity Control: As a user, you should not worry on how to adjust your preferred humidity level while using this humidifier. It has three fan speeds; low, medium and high which enables you to control how fast you want to humidify your room. You can use the slow fan speed if you want to humidify your room at night. On the same note, you can use the high fan speed at night when it’s hot especially during the summer to quickly humidify the room.
- Humidistat: This is an automatic feature that enables you to adjust and select your preferred humidity level. When the level is reached, it automatically shuts itself off.
- Filter: This acts as a air purifier for trapping dirt, pollen and dust to ensure the moisturized air is purified.
- Antimicrobial Treated Filter: This prevents entry of fungus, algae, bacteria and mold.
Consumers who have already used this humidifier have observed the following merits and demerits.
- Low Noise Levels: Many users who have used this humidifier say that it is 30% quieter than other models
- A Full Day Humidity Supply: Once you fill the tank, it can run up to 24 hours maintaining your room at your preferred moisture without the need for refilling.
- Easy Maintenance: To maintain this humidifier model, the only thing you need to occasionally change is the filter. Generally, it’s easy to clean the tanks.
- Bulky: Many users say that it’s heavy to move the humidifier around without wheels
3. BONECO/Air-O-Swiss Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier 7147
The AOS 7147 Air O Swiss humidifier is a must-have for every home, as it keeps the air fresh, clean and free from allergens. It generates fine mist that quickly evaporates in the air, and it comes with a number of features that add to the astounding benefits you can expect from this product. With this device, you can be sure to breathe quality air indoors and minimize your chances of getting allergy symptoms from airborne particles that irritate your body. Find out if this brand and model of ultrasonic humidifier is just what you need including the different features and benefits it offers.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
Benefits/ Product Features
The following are among the benefits you can expect from Air-O-Swiss AOS 7147 Ultrasonic Humidifier.
- Outstanding and Functional Appearance
Whats great about this humidifier is that it comes with a transparent tank, which makes it easy for you to determine the water level at first glance. Furthermore, it is made of top quality plastic that is durable and stylish. You will also notice the LED lights on this unit, and when placed in a dark room, this feature makes the humidifier function as a night light, as well.
- Quiet Operation
This is an important feature that most people look for in a humidifier since it has an impact to ones overall comfort while the unit is being used. The AOS 7147 emits a sound that is low and unobstrusive, which means it will not interrupt your sleep.
- Good Performance
You can use the humidifier in three different settings from low, moderate to high, and each setting performs as expected. The unit comes with a demineralization cartridge, an essential feature that minimizes build up.
Primarily, this humidifier has satisfied several product users because of its noiseless operation, attractive appearance, and key functions that allow them to get the most out of this device. It works perfectly in keeping indoor air clean, which is important among individuals who suffer from allergy symptoms.
However, there are those who have noticed some issues in refilling the tank. For instance, water tends to drip when the tank is lifted off the base. Re-inserting the filter cartridge also takes some getting used to, although it is not quite a deal breaker considering how the benefits still out weight some limitations of this product.
4. Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier
Humidifiers are commonly used during the winter months, especially when dry air from heating units cause chapped lips, a dry throat and dry skin. They are highly recommended by doctors to fight off cold and flu symptoms. They also bring relief to symptoms such as nasal congestion, nose bleeds, coughs, sinus irritation and a running nose.
There are many different models of humidifiers in the market today, with varying effectiveness. Finding one that will offer you the benefits of moist air without any complications is important for your health. Here is a review of the Honeywell Cool Mist Humidifier model- the Honeywell-Germ-Free-Cool Mist Humidifier, HCM-350.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
Features and Benefits of Honeywell HCM-350
- Quiet Operation- up to 25% quiet technology compared to other models
- It features a durable, break-resistant water tank
- Self Regulating Evaporative System- it can adjust the output to the quantity of moisture air can hold in a specific temperature
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
- Anti-microbial filter that 99.9% bacteria
- This Honeywell Germ Free Humidifier has an anti-microbial treated filter that can kill 99.9% of bacteria and mold spores in water.
- It helps relieve dry air discomforts for a better home comfort. This patented germ-killing chamber creates a germ-free mist that enhances its ability to fight flu and cold symptoms.
- It comes with a Quiet Technology that allows it to operate with 25% less noise than other humidifiers.
- The humidifier comes with a UV technology that kills certain bacteria, fungus, viruses and mold effectively after 2 hours of use.
- The Germ Free HSM-350 Humidifier has a 2 gallon tank that humidifies a medium sized room for 24hours with just one fill.
- The water tank is dishwasher safe- easy cleaning and disinfecting. It also includes an automatic shut off for safety and shuts when the tank is empty.
Despite the aforementioned benefits, the Honeywell HCM-350 has a few drawbacks, including:
- It is a bit bulky
- Some consumers have reported that the blue LED light is very bright
When looking for a new product to buy, it is always wise to check the opinion of previous to understand the product and make a decision. 90% of people who have used the Honeywell HCM-350 have given it a rating of 5 out 5. The humidifier has been described as;
- A quiet and effective humidifier
- A fantastic humidifier
- The ideal choice
- The best humidifier of the year
- A well-designed unit that gets the job perfectly done
These are just but a few descriptions from some customers who have used the product. Most have been more than satisfied with its features and what it has to offer.
5. Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The crane drop shape cool mist humidifier measures 9.89.814.2 inches in terms of length, breadth and height. It weighs 4.8 pounds making it easy for you to move from one room to another. It was number one best seller in single room humidifiers in recent times. This was attributed by its modern and simplicity design which makes it a cool addition to any room. It can humidify rooms up to 250 square feet for 24 hours when in a medium setting. The tank capacity is 0.9 gallons and produces 2.3 gallons of moisture output.
Our Rating: (3.5 / 5)
Features and Specifications
This humidifier model was among the finalists of 2011 international housewares design awards. This is because of its unique features that make it to efficiently accomplish what it was made for.
- 360 Degree Nozzle: After you buy this humidifier model, you will be able to direct the mist in all directions in the room. This makes it easy to humidify a specific area within the room where you may want to be humid like where your kid is seated.
- Variable Output Control: Among all the humidifier, this is among a few of them with a variable output control located on the front. This makes it easy to operate.
- Removable Tank: You do not have to worry about the hassles to refill your tank. You simply remove the water tank from the unit, unscrew the cap of the tank and fill the tank under a water faucet.
- Built-in Auto-shut-off Feature: You have nothing to worry about when the water in the tank falls below the minimum point in your absence. The auto shut off feature turns the humidifier off immediately the tank becomes empty.
- Whole Day Moisture Supply: When you set your humidifier in a medium setting, it produces moisture all day long for 24 hours without the need to refill.
Many customers who have used this model of single room humidifier have observed the following pros and cons.
- Easy to Operate: The above features make it easy to operate and you do no need to keep on referring to the user guide.
- Low Power Consumption: This humidifier consumes little power and has negligible impact on your power bill.
- Good Night Sleep: Since it moisturizes the air for a whole day without the need to refill, it increases air moisture for easier breathing hence giving you relieve of cough, flu , cold and other dry air related issues.
- Wets Furniture: Some users complain that this humidifier model wets the furniture or any other material placed near it.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Room Humidifier
There are different models and brands of room humidifiers in the market currently. We have put together what to look for before buying a room humidifier.
1. Size of the Humidifier
Before buying a humidifier, you need to determine the size of the room that needs an increase in humidity. If you want to add moisture to a small or medium sized area like a bedroom, kitchen, toilet or washrooms, then we would advise that you go for a single room humidifier otherwise referred to as tabletop humidifier.
On the other hand, if you want to increase moisture for multiple rooms or the entire house, you should go for a whole room humidifier also referred to as console humidifiers. They have the ability to deliver moisture up to 3,000 square feet when placed in a central location.
The cost of running a humidifier varies from one type to another. Generally, warm mist humidifiers are more expensive to run compared to cold mist humidifiers. This is because they consume high amounts of power. The least expensive humidifiers are evaporative type since they require very little power to run the fan.
A room humidifier is less expensive to maintain compared to a whole room humidifier in terms of costs of replacement parts like demineralization cartridges, UV light bulbs and other features. To cut costs however, we would advise you to buy replacement parts from the manufacturer the same time you will be buying a new humidifier.
3. Noise Level
When buying a humidifier, we would recommend that you go for one that is quiet. This will give you an easy time to work on other stuff instead of getting disturbed by a noise. If you are very sensitive to noise, it’s good to avoid buying any traditional evaporative humidifier since they are the noisiest.
Nowadays, most room humidifier are generally very quiet and create a very friendly environment even when it’s closer to you. Models such as ultrasonic home humidifiers are silent and the only indicator that they are working is a plume of mist coming from their spouts. In summary, before buying a home humidifier, test their level of noise at the point of purchase and see if you can withstand it.
4. Water Capacity
We know that both single and whole room humidifiers have tanks that need to be refilled, right? Refilling a tank is not an easy task and therefore it’s very important to evaluate how often you will be refilling the tank of the humidifier you are going to buy.
Buying a humidifier whose tank needs to be refilled everyday is a daunting task that brings a lot of inconveniences. Therefore, it’s advisable to buy a humidifier with a higher tank capacity so that it will sometime before you refill.
5. Humidistat Options
Nowadays, many humidifiers are manufactured in a digital manner such that they have an in-built hygrometer (hygrometer gauge) that shows you an approximate amount of humidity in your room. We also have others whereby you can set the amount of humidity you need for your room. The humidifier shall maintain that humidity till you vary the figure. This is an easy way to stay in control of your room humidity.
Buying such like room humidifiers ensure that your room cannot have excess humidity that is harmful to your health. Excess humidity acts as a breeding ground for mold spores and dust mites and thus buying a humidifier that you can set the humidity you want is highly recommendable.
6. Prevailing Environment
We have done so many room humidifier reviews and one of the factors that has always emerged is the prevailing environment at your residential area. How is the general weather at your home? Is it cold or warm? If it is cold, then it’s good to buy a warm mist humidifier since it moistens the air by spraying a warm mist. If it happens that you live in a warm area, or let’s say that it’s in summer, you should buy a cold mist humidifier which moistens by spraying a cold mist.
7. Initial and Maintenance Cost
Cost of a humidifier is a must feature when doing room humidifier reviews since it’s such a vital factor. When going out to purchase a humidifier, consider choosing the type that has all your preferred features and meets all your demands. For instance, there is no need to buy an expensive humidifier that doesnt have all the features such as filter sensor, automatic shut off, digital display etc. Also, consider the cost of spare parts in case some features fail. The aim here is to enjoy your environment at a low cost. Go for a humidifier that is cost effective and meets all your needs.
Warranties for humidifiers generally range between one year and three years. The mot expensive ones come with a warranty of 3 years while the less expensive have a one year warranty. This however depends on the manufacturer or the model of the humidifier. We would advise that you go for a humidifier with a longer warranty period and is available at a low cost.
Other factors that you may need to consider before buying a humidifier are ease of use, manufacturer’s reputation, the operating coverage of the humidifier and antimicrobial features that ensure that it doesnt get contaminated with bacteria or mold.
In the market, there are different brands and models of humidifiers being sold at different prices. However, you should beware that the one that commands the highest price might not be the best and vise versa. Make sure that you go through the room humidifier reviews to see which one suits you before purchasing.