Considered as the ancestor of the AR 15 rifle, the AR 10 is a shooter’s dream gun. As the first rifle really marketed by ArmaLite, the AR 10 is full powered battle rifle that requires precise shooting.And because the AR 10 is such an extremely popular rifle,having good optics to achieve maximum performance is essential. The best scopes for AR 10 should supplement your shooting style and power up your vision. Finding the right best scopes for AR 10 can be tricky – this article will help you solve that problem.
Here are some of the best scopes for AR 10 that we reviewed:
- 1 Top 5 Best Scopes For AR 10 In 2020 Reviews
- 2 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Scopes For AR 10 In 2020 Reviews
1. Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ BDC 800 Reticle,Black
Boasting a large magnification range that allows you to find and hit your target from afar, the Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ BDC 800 Reticle in Blackis a great acquisition for AR 10 owners. Even from about 500 yards to 1000 yards away, this scope is still within its effective range.
This AR 10 scope allows instant target acquisition with the help of its Quick Focus eyepiece system. If you are shooting a heavy caliber rifle such as the AR 10, its oversized lens can really help you maximize your shooting potential.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- Multi-coated optical system that is bright and easy to view
- A large magnification range that allows you to shoot from 500 to 1000 yards easily
- Ruggedly built. Waterproof, fog proof and shock proof
- It doesn’t come with the one-piece mount anymore. You need to acquire it separately
- The windage turret can be a bit flimsy at times
- Quite a heavy scope to mount for your AR 10 – needs some getting used to.
Simply put, the Nikon M-308 is also ruggedly built for those extreme weather conditions and heavy use. Without a doubt, it is a great buy for someone who owns an AR 10. Considering other lens that can easily cost twice or thrice as much, you can never go wrong with this scope.
2. Trijicon VCOG 1-6×24 Riflescope Ballistic Reticle
Widely considered as a high-end rifle scope for AR 10, the Trijicon 1-6×24 VCOG (Variable Combat Optical Gunsight) is one of the best long distance scopes you can buy. Known for its accuracy in marksmanship, Trijicon VCOG has a superior glass quality compared to most AR 10 scopes.
Trijicon VCOG has great light gathering capabilities with zero distortion. The bullet drop compensating and ranging reticles is also very good. It allows you to quickly, efficiently and accurately estimate range and apply the correct hold. This makes your aims much more successful.
Our Rating: (4.9 / 5)
- Very high-quality craftsmanship and superior glass quality
- Made from aircraft-grade materials which means extreme durability
- The integrated dial fin features allows easy rotation through the magnification range
- Very good aftermarket service
- Quite expensive compared to other scopes
- The rugged built means it is quite bulkier
- A bit on the heavy side if you are used to shooting lower-range scopes
With a forged aircraft-grade aluminum-alloy housing, the Trijicon VCOG is an extremely durable and indestructible AR 10 scope system. If you want the best AR 10 scopes and money isn’t an issue, this might be the scope for you.
3. Vortex Optics Viper 6.5-20×50 BDC
Having problems with recoil, moisture, fogging and darkness on your AR 10 scopes? Worry no more because the Vortex Optics Viper 6.5-20×50 BDC can solve your problems in one go!
With a solid reputation as a premium rifle scope with incredible performance on a mid-range price, this 30-mm diameter tube scope is such a good buy. The Vortex Optics Viper features a premium and fully multi-coated optics. The glass has a 95 percent light transmission, which means a brighter vision even in low-light conditions.
The Viper also boasts a heavy-duty Precision Force spring system.This means that recoil is handled better, giving less problems and allowing you to shoot more.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Great and solid reputation means great aftermarket service
- The 95% light transmission means you can shoot even in low light conditions
- Good quality, multi-coated glass in mid-range price
- Focus ring located on riflescope’s left side is easily accessible from any shooting position
- The “Dead Hold BDC” reticle cannot be used for standard purposes, making it less useful than it is marketed for
- Turrets are quite sticky and resistant, which means sometimes it requires multiple clicks
- A little on the heavy side, which can take time getting used to.
4. Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle, Black – 16462
Nikon is a brand that is known not only for its great cameras but its great optics and lens as well. Living up to the tradition, the Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle in Black offers a great rifle scope for your AR 10.
One of the most important factors in shooting is having a good vision of your target. The Nikon M-308 SF has optics that allow up to 95% light transmission. This means that you can shoot to your hearts’ content even in the low light of dusk or dawn. Nikon’s lens multicoating protects your lens from scratches and damage while also protecting your eyes from flare. Truly, there is little that you can find wrong in the Nikon M-308 SF – it is a good AR 10 scope.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- Very well-built – it is waterproof and shockproof while also offering multi-coating
- Allows shooting in low light with its 95% light transmission
- Nitrogen-filled inside, which means fogging will not be a problem
- Eye relief can use a little more improvement, as it can be difficult for some people
- Windage turret can be flimsy at times, but that is nothing too major
If you are looking for a reliable AR 10 scope that will last you for years and does not cost an arm-and-leg, this might be a good one for you. Nikon has been making great lens for a long time and this one is no exception.
5. Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope (BDC)
Nikon’s Patented BDC Reticle is such an innovation that it really makes this scope worthwhile. The Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope lets you focus on even the most distant targets with such accuracy that shooting starts to become more enjoyable too.
Nikon’s optics have always been known for being consistently good, and this one is no different. Whether it is a bright, sunny day or a dark, foggy dawn, the scope’s high-resolution imaging will help you hit the mark. It is also a very versatile scope that zooms in for up to 12x the magnification. On a 40mm diameter lens, this means perfect mid-range shooting that can go up to 600-700 yards.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- Reliable and trustworthy brand name means consistent and high-quality performance
- O-Ring sealed, which makes it waterproof, fogproof and shockproof.
- Very good looking optics with a precise and easy-to-tilt hand-turn
- Perfect distance is mid-range. If you are shooting more than 1000 yards, other optics might be better.
- Close-range distance shooting resolution is not as crisp
- The scope is very susceptible to parallax distortion if the eye is on a different angle
Nikon has been making great optics for a long time, and the Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope (BDC) is not an exception. Shooters looking for a crisp, reliable and trustworthy mid-range scope, you might want to try this one out.
When hunting or shooting, a safe distance from your target means stealth and protection. A good riflescope that offers a top notch vision, optic quality and range is mandatory for your AR 10. And after reviewing 5 of the most popular AR 10 lenses, our verdict is as follows.
If you are looking for an optic scope that can perform at a high level, we recommend the Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42m. It has good range, great features, weather-protected and comes with a trustworthy brand name. Most importantly, it does not cost too much money to invest on this lens. Pretty much the “bang for the buck” AR 10 lens that will last you a lifetime if taken care of properly.
However, if money is not an issue for you, the Trijicon VCOG 1-6×24 Riflescope Ballistic Reticle can’t be beat. There is really nothing else wrong that you can say about this lens except that it is quite expensive. If you have no qualms spending extra for your AR 10 scope, this is the one you should look at.