When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
The SKS is a relic that was designed way before the age of advanced optics. Telescopic scopes were tools that are very specialized back then, and this is a reason why SKS doesn’t have a built in scope early on. If you want to put some optics on your SKs, you need to have an optic mount installed.
Having a bad mount usually means a big problem when shooting. Which is exactly why you need to find the best SKS mount for your needs. Being able to choose something that feels good to you and not just something your buddy picked out is very important. This article will help you decide which scope mounts should work well for your needs. Hopefully, you can make the most out of the information provided.
- 1 Top 5 Best SKS Scope Mount In 2020 Reviews
- 1.1 1. UTG PRO SKS Receiver Cover Mount w/22 Slots, Shell Deflector
- 1.2 2. Brass Stacker MN9130SSM Scout Scope Mount for MosinNagant Rifles, Black
- 1.3 3. SKS See Thru Scout Scope Mount for Chinese Type 56 (Non-Norinco)
- 1.4 4. AR-GEAR Matte Black Steel SKS Scope Weaver Picatinny Mount Accessory System
- 1.5 5. BARSKA SKS Mount with Integrated Rail
- 2 Conclusion
Top 5 Best SKS Scope Mount In 2020 Reviews
1. UTG PRO SKS Receiver Cover Mount w/22 Slots, Shell Deflector
A rigid scope mount is important for serious shooters. A bad mount can really cause you to fumble and miss your shots that you would normally make. The UTG PRO SKS Receiver Cover Mount with 22 Slots and Shell Deflector is one of the best mounts that you can get in the market today. We have listed some its strengths below so you can decide if this is the scope that you need.
One of the most important things about this scope mount is the precision casting and high-strength steel base. Made in USA is an important factor to look at when checking for quality, and this mount passes all the standards.
This scope also possesses a full-length 22 slot tinny rail. The Flexible Optics alsoallows the mount to fit from compact to full size – offering flexibility to those who need it.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- Great zero holding and precise alignment
- Good quality control – Made in the U.S.A.
- With Matte black anodizing to prevent rusting
- Mount has an existing problem of getting loose after a few hundred rounds if not mounted properly.
- The set screws have little nuts which are prone to falling out.
- The flat surface where the casing bounce off throws the shells back into the bolt
If you are looking for an SKS mount that works anywhere from compact to full size SKS, this might be a good mount to start. It is not too expensive and is also made in the U.S.A, which means quality can be relied on consistently too.
2. Brass Stacker MN9130SSM Scout Scope Mount for MosinNagant Rifles, Black
Some of the trickiest scopes to find a mount for are LERs or long eye relief optics. And if you have a military surplus rifle with this kind of scope, you might want to look at this scope mount.
A rigid construction and black oxide finish really makes the Brass Stacker MN9130SSM Scout Scope Mount for MosinNagant Rifles a popular SKS scope mount. Because it works with straight bolt handles, there is little to no stripper clip interference on the mount.
Furthermore, the mount is also see through for continued use of fixed iron sights. But one of the best-selling points of this mount is that no permanent modification is needed. You don’t have to modify or drill your firearms when you mount the scope, which is pretty nice for purists.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- Doesn’t need permanent modification to mount
- No stripper clip interference
- Very good for mounting long eye relief scopes on your rifle
- Quite heavy and will feel flimsy if not properly mounted
- Kind leans heavier on one side, which can make balance tricky
- Getting the pins out of the mosin is difficult to remove
If you want a nice and reliable mount for your long eye relief optics, this might be a good mount to look at. The Brass Stacker brand has been known for good mounts over the years, and this one is no different!
3. SKS See Thru Scout Scope Mount for Chinese Type 56 (Non-Norinco)
The Non-norinko Chinese type 56 optics has one of the most uncommon scope mounts. Because of this, finding a mount that will fit through this kind of scope can be a challenge for many shooters.
Which is why the SKS See Thru Scout Scope Mount for Chinese Type 56 (Non-Norinco) from Brass Stacker rocks. This is a scope mount that is perfectly suited for the Chinese type 56, and the quality of Brass Stacker never fails.
What makes this scope mount great is the innovative “anchor point” design. The anchor point series offers superior mount stability, making it easier to get balanced shots. Additionally,the see-through design also provides an easier vision for the shooter. Overall, this is a solid all-around mount for the non-norinco type 56.
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
- Very stable with its superior mount stability from the anchor point design
- Does not need permanent modifications such as drilling
- Great and specialized for the type 56 non-norinco scope type
- The movable parts can really confuse a new beginner who has no experience installing scope mounts
- In terms of optimizing an SKS, it is not the most efficient scope mount
- If you are looking for something that will rest on the rear site mount, this is not the best solution.
For shooters who are looking for specialized scope mounts for the non-norinko Chinese type 56, this might be a good option to look at. This is a pretty sturdy mount for the price and the Brass Stacker brand is also a solid brand.
4. AR-GEAR Matte Black Steel SKS Scope Weaver Picatinny Mount Accessory System
One of the biggest things to look out for in a scope mount is ease of use. Especially when you are looking for an SKS high profile scope, the ability to take it on-and-off at will is very important.
This is where AR-GEAR’s Matte Black Steel SKS Rifle See ThroughHigh Profile Scope stands out. Stable and not easily rocked, the one-piece steel construction really makes the scope stable and easy to install.
The SKS High Profile Scope Base with 3 Weaver Picatinny mount system has a side slot that is also adjustable. The scope zeros in instantly and quickly returns to zero when reinstalled, making it noob-friendly too. The matte finish also adds to the appeal of the scope mount, which is an added factor to consider.
Our Rating: (3.4 / 5)
- Very easy to zero in and install
- Specialized for high profile SKS scope
- Very stable and not easily rocked because of its one-piece construction
- Craftsmanship is unstable across the board – some units can show poor quality
- Default retaining pin is small and needs to be enlarged to fit well
- You have to do a lot of filing to fit the scope
Most of the problems around this scope revolve around the quality of the product. Across the board, the quality of this scope is not comparable to a well-known brand such as Brass Stacker. But if you are looking for an affordable and temporary high profile scope mount to be replaced at a later date, this can be a good scope to look at.
5. BARSKA SKS Mount with Integrated Rail
A scope mount set up where you can mount the optic well away from the ejection port is optimal. Because this allows you to shield your optic from brass while still being able to load it from the port, you don’t have to make a magazine conversion on your rifle. A scope mount set up like this is one of the best options for an SKS.
This is also the reason why the BARSKA SKS Mount with Integrated Rail is a great mid-range choice for your scope mount. Compatible with SKS rifles, this scope mount can be installed easily by replacing the rear cover.
The BARSKA SKS Mount with Integrated Rail is made from aluminum, which means it won’t succumb to rusting problems. Furthermore, the matte finish makes it easier to look at too.
Our Rating: (3.4 / 5)
- Great for a short-term mount that doesn’t cost too much
- A good mount for a scope when you are just trying to hit a target at 100 yards
- Can attach a shell deflector if you have a very short optic mounted
- Not made in the U.S.A., which means quality can be way off in some items
- Might feel flimsy for those who are used to expensive brands.
- Easily scratched when hit. Not that durable
If you are looking for an inexpensive and useable scope mount for a bit of practice shooting, the BARSKA SKS Mount with Integrated Rail can be something to consider. If you are aiming for something a bit more professional in both looks and performance though, brands such as Brass Stacker might be a better choice.
A bad optic mount can have an effect on your shooting – which is why you should choose smartly. Going for the cheapest ones and finding a good deal is understandable, but if you really want a good optic, the best solution is to find a compromise you can deal with.
With this in mind, we highly recommend the UTG PRO SKS Receiver Cover Mount. For what it’s worth, this mount is very high-quality and made in the U.S.A. This usually means a stricter quality control and far less bad copies on the whole. The great zero holding and precise alignment means that the mount is very stable and durable. We recommend this mount out of all the mounts we have reviewed if you truly want the best bang for your back.