Sometimes camping without tent air conditioning can be very uncomfortable. Campers at times want to enjoy their comfort even when the air is very warm and humid. A tent air conditioner will make this happen. It is a great device that can transfer both heat and humidity out of the tent. This leaves you with a conducive environment to enjoy inside the tent.
There are different types of tent air conditioners in the market today. Some are luxurious and others are less luxurious, depending on what you can easily afford. Here are some of the best that you can consider if you are shopping for a tent AC.
Top 3 Best Tent Air Conditioner 2020 Reviews
1. Frigidaire FRA052XT7 5, 000- BTU Mini Window Air Conditioner
This is a mini window-mounted air conditioner that is perfect for rooms of about 150 SQ feet. It has a compact design, which makes it easy to transport and install. That is great because it can quickly cool a room on those hot days. It works very quietly; therefore you get to enjoy a cool atmosphere without being kept awake. This AC has amazing features which include a mechanical rotary control. It also has a full-width top, with a two-way air direction control. It comes with an anti-microbial mesh filter, that also has a side slide-out access.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Its anti-microbial mesh filter removes any harmful bacteria from the air, leaving you with absolutely clean air to breath.
- It consumes less energy, thereby saving you money.
- Besides, it is very easy to use. It restarts automatically and resumes operating at its previous settings.
- Its compact design makes it very easy to mount. It comes with an easy to use mounting kit.
- It is fairly priced, therefore you get to enjoy good value for your money.
- With it, you do not have to worry about the noise other ACs make.
- It can only fit windows of between 23 and 36 inches. Those smaller than 23 inches cannot use it.
- It’s not able to cool larger rooms.
2. Tripp Lite Portable Cooling Unit Air Conditioner
This is the kind of air conditioner to use in places where it is not possible to install a computer room air conditioner. It is able to provide a cooling capacity that is capable of solving heat related problems without the need to spend so much money on it. You do not need any help from an installation specialist for this AC to work.
It also does not require time-consuming maintenance; therefore it is a perfect portable AC for tent users. One great advantage you get to enjoy is that it does not require any floor drain or water collection tank. It is able to produce up to 12, 000 Btu of cooling air.
Our Rating: (3.4 / 5)
- It has a compact design, therefore highly portable and easy to install and use.
- It comes with a ducted vent that will direct the cold air where it is needed.
- The top-mounted control panel has LCD temperature readout and LEDs to help you know how to adjust its settings.
- It is able to cool a room of about 500 SQ feet, thanks to the 12, 000 BTU of cooling power it produces.
- Its built-in evaporator will expel condensate into the exhaust air stream, therefore you will not need a water collection tank.
- It may not handle a majority of the cooling work.
3. GoCool 12V Portable Semi Truck Cab Air Conditioner for Camping & RV Camper
This is another great choice to make for anyone that is shopping for portable air conditioners for tents. It is designed for cooling smaller enclosed spaces using ice and water. There is no exhaust produced in this case, therefore it is absolutely safe to use. This also means that it is perfectly safe for the environment. It comes in a compact design that makes it easy to handle and mount for usage. It works by rapidly and efficiently melting ice using warm air in order to produce cool air that is able to keep you cool in those hot days inside the tent.
Our Rating: (3.6 / 5)
- This is a very easy to use camping AC. It is very effective and can leave you enjoying your camping even when the weather is hot outside.
- It is highly portable therefore you can use it whenever you want without worrying about transportation.
- The AC is very effective when it comes to cooling smaller spaces.
- It is quite affordable.
- It may not be the best to use for larger spaces.
- It is not strong enough and therefore cannot be relied upon for long time service.
Tent air conditioners are quite popular because they help you conveniently keep a room cool without so many installations involved. They can be used for camping purposes or even to keep a smaller room or even a car cool on those extremely hot days. They are not as powerful as those other air conditioners but they can work for a few hours and can be very effective especially if you have made the right choice.
In choosing the right tent air conditioner, you need to consider the size of the room where you want to use it. A small sized unit may not cool a larger room well, while a large one may not be effective in removing humidity. There is always the right size of an air conditioner for a certain room size, therefore check out the specifications to take home an air conditioner that will effectively work for you.
You also need to know its BTU, which is the amount of heat it is able to remove from the room. A higher BTU means that the air conditioner has more cooling power for a larger room. It is good to compare its BTU with the room size for a great choice.
The other important consideration to make when buying a tent air conditioner is its features. Its features are what make it more convenient and versatile. A great AC will, for instance, have more capabilities other than cooling for instance dehumidifying. Other great features you should be on the lookout for include a programmable timer, a remote control for ease of operation and a lamp off feature. The latter feature helps you turn the panel display off so as not to make the room very bright at night.
Lastly, ensure you choose a tent AC that is easy to set-up, handle and maintain.
Tent air conditioners are simple appliances that are a great alternative to central ACs. They may not work as great as the bigger ACs but they are capable of cooling smaller rooms and tents in those uncomfortably hot nights. Frigidaire FRA052XT7 5, 000- BTU Mini Window Air Conditioner is the best tent AC from the reviews. It is highly portable, easy to set up and maintain and it consumes less energy, saving you so much time and money. Once the power is turned on, it will restart automatically and resume back to its previous settings. Above all, it is quiet and fairly priced. It also has great features worth your consideration.