With the advancement in technology, a shift has been made from the conventional blow dryer and hair brushes. Hair straightener brushes are improvement tools that help with straightening and smoothening all types of hair. However, there are many products available and more coming out every day. The review will enable a user to choose the best hair straightening brush that suits their hair needs. Apart from products, a guide on how to use and maintain the selected product is discussed.
- 1 Top 10 Best Hair Straightening Brush In 2020 Reviews
- 1.1 1. AsaVea Portable Electric Hair Straightening Brush 3.0
- 1.2 2. FemJolie Electric Hair Straightener Brush Best for Beauty Styling
- 1.3 3. InStyler STRAIGHT UP Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush
- 1.4 4. Sutra Beauty NEW Heat Brush 2.0 (Turquoise)
- 1.5 5. Brush Straightener, Women Steam Hair Straightener Brush Hair Care Straightening Brush Comb
- 1.6 6. MiroPure 2 in 1 Ionic Hair Straightener Brush
- 1.7 7. Hair Straightening Brush, USpicy Hair Straightener Brush MCH Heating Technology
- 1.8 8. AsaVea Hair Straightener Brush with MCH heating technology and Auto Temperature Lock
- 1.9 9. 2-in 1 Ionic Hair Straightener Brush MCH Heating Hair Straightening Irons
- 1.10 10. Head Kandy Straightening Brush 2.0 (Teal)
- 2 Hair Straightening Brush Buying Guide
- 3 How to use the hair straightening brush: Using Guide
- 4 Conclusion
Top 10 Best Hair Straightening Brush In 2020 Reviews
1. AsaVea Portable Electric Hair Straightening Brush 3.0
The AsaVea is made from Dupont plastic materials that are of high quality. It has an anti-scald technology that prevents burning and scalding. This technology is an FCC-certified design that is CE patented. It is also inspector certified. Burning and scalding are also significantly reduced because the brush is able to maintain a constant temperature.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
It has expert grade PTC ceramic components of heating that enable the brush heat up to 365 Fahrenheit in 60 seconds. The ceramic components also help in maintaining the temperature. It works with 110 volts. It is slim, small, portable and able to carry out its function effectively by making contact with large portions of hair. The user is able to monitor and control the temperature using the liquid crystal display. Also, the 360o rotating wire allows holding the hair straightener brush at any angle for great results.
It has six pre-set settings of temperature that provides choices for the user. To ensure more security while in use, this product has a temperature auto lock that saves on pressing buttons accidentally. The auto lock also makes the straightener to shut off automatically after 30 minutes of no use. For the best results, the user should use a high-quality shampoo, conditioner and apply a spray for heat protection. It only works on dry hair.
- It is a safe product to use
- It is simple to operate
- This product can be utilized for all types of hair
- It has six pre-set temperatures for use
- It heats up to 365 F within sixty seconds
- The brush is made with several safety features to prevent burning and scalding
- It is not suitable for use on wet hair
2. FemJolie Electric Hair Straightener Brush Best for Beauty Styling
The brush from FemJolie is rated among the best in the market because it provides anti-freeze and anti-static styling. The ceramic plate feature of the brush enables it to heat fast to 450 degrees. This feature is fantastic because the user does not waste time waiting for the brush to heat up for use.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
The product also has an auto shut-off feature that enhances safety in case a user has forgotten to switch the brush off. The straightener has a digital display which is LCD. This helps to monitor what temperature is being used. The brush handle is ergonomic since it is comfortable to grip. Another great feature is the swivel power cord that is able to turn in 360o and can thus be used in different ways.
The product has silicone heat proof tips at 120 Fahrenheit and ionic charge. These features make this hair straightener ideal for scalp massages and also make the hair vibrant. It also has temperature settings that are custom adjustable to suit different hair types. It is able to cater for thick, natural, fine, short and long hair. The best feature of this product is the 3 in 1 patented design that makes it versatile. It is rated 110-220 volts and acts as a hair brush, detangling comb, anion massager and a straightener. All these functions save the user from buying multiple hair tools.
The manufacturer has further instilled confidence in the product by offering a 60-day money back guarantee. Also, there is a 12-month guarantee on the product in case of factory malfunction.
- The straightener is able to heat up fast
- It has a 12-month guarantee
- The product has 3 in 1 patented feature that allows the product to perform four functions in one
- It is able to make curls at the ends of the hair
- Some of the products have a faulty wiring
- It does not straighten natural black hair effectively
3. InStyler STRAIGHT UP Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush
The product from Instyler is one that heats up in 30 seconds and is able to maintain that constant temperature when in use. The constant heat is retained on the entire surface of the brush. 16 sections of hair are usually smoothened and straightened by the product at one pass. This is made possible by the 65 ceramic heated plates.
Our Rating: (4 / 5)
The ionic bristles have a cool tip with a non-grip surface that is smooth. This straightener has seven different heat settings displayed in a LED digital display. The temperature setting ranges from 330o to 450o F. Like the other products available it has an automatic shut off for security. Also, it has a professional swivel cord that assists in brushing operations.
- It is easy to use and operate with directions given in the manual
- It is very comfortable to grip when straightening hair
- The technology employed significantly reduces the chances of burning when in use
- The price is higher when compared to other products
4. Sutra Beauty NEW Heat Brush 2.0 (Turquoise)
The product works fast to save time when straightening hair. A negative ion technology is employed on the tip of the bristles. The bristles are made of silicone and with the technology, they ensure the hair is shiny, sleek and lustrous. The infrared heat helps to maintain a constant temperature. This is a great feature because it reduces the chances of burning. The temperature can also be adjusted up to 450F. The changes in temperature are monitored using a digital display. The dual voltage feature also makes it a great product. The colors available include Turquoise, pink and purple.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
- It is able to maintain a constant temperature
- Has dual voltage
- It is suitable for all hair types
- There are a variety of colors available
- It is costly
- It is not popular in the market
5. Brush Straightener, Women Steam Hair Straightener Brush Hair Care Straightening Brush Comb
The product of JXZH is designed with a combination of a straightener, water container and an atomizer water tank. The water tank and container enable the steam feature of the brush. This steam function is able to infuse frizzy and dry hair with moisture and also tame unruly hair. It has upper and lower teeth that ensure no strand of hair is missed during the straightening operations. The teeth also enable the user to create a variety of hairstyles within a short period.
Our Rating: (5 / 5)
The controllable key enables the adjustment of temperature for different hair types. The brush heats up in 3 minutes to temperatures up to 230o. It also has a warm contact massage that ensures anti-scalding and anti-breakage. The negative ion penetration technology promotes the training, protection and health restoration of hair.
- It is simple to use and the temperature can be controlled
- It is unique as it uses the steam heat to smoothen and straighten hair
- The straightener may get clogged if the water used is not pure
6. MiroPure 2 in 1 Ionic Hair Straightener Brush
The hair straightener brush is a product of MicroPure Company. It is a professional brush that is made with high-density Nano comb bristles. This feature enables the product to handle all types of hair and reduces static and fly-aways. The product has 16 different temperature settings with digital control. The temperature ranges from 300o F to 450oF. When switched on, it is able to heat up within 60 seconds. The voltage of this product is 120 volts but it is able to work between 110-220 volts.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
For safety, the manufacturers have put in place an auto shutoff set at 60 minutes. Also, a temperature lock is put in place to reduce the chances of accidentally pressing another button that will interfere with the straightening and smoothing process. The hair brush can also be used as a massager as it provides a massaging effect on the scalp which stimulates the hair follicles. There is a 360-day money back guarantee that protects buyers in case they are not satisfied with the product.
- It works effectively to straighten hair
- It has an added safety feature of the temperature lock
- There is a 360-day money back guarantee
- It can also be used to massage the scalp
- It has a variety of heat settings
- It does not function as well as a flat iron
7. Hair Straightening Brush, USpicy Hair Straightener Brush MCH Heating Technology
The product of USpicy enables users with unruly hair to manage it successfully. It has teeth of varied sizes that are arranged in an alternating pattern. This alternating pattern ensures that the brush maximally covers and makes contact with the hair. It works in a series of combing and massaging to straighten the hair.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
It has a Metal Ceramic Heater (MCH) technology that enables the brush heat up and transfer heat quickly. The temperatures range from 250 to 450oF. The brush remains smudge, fingerprint and stain free due to the matte black finish. The black finish also makes the brush look stylish. It also comes with a brush that should be used to keep the product free of loose hair and dust.
There are seven levels of temperature creating a choice for the user depending on the hair type. The LED display helps in the selection and monitoring of temperature. There is also an auto-off timer that is set at 30 minutes and a button lock that is automatic to prevent accidental pressing. Accidental burns are avoided by the heat insulates tips. A smooth experience with minimal twining is ensured by the fully rotatable wire joint and 360o swivel cord.
- The heat insulated tips prevent burns
- It has an auto-lock and button lock
- This brush is easy to use due to the rotatable wire joint and swivel cord
- It comes with a brush to clean out dust and hair
- It requires more than one pass to make natural hair straight
8. AsaVea Hair Straightener Brush with MCH heating technology and Auto Temperature Lock
The straightener from AsaVea has an anti-scald design and a ceramic surface. The ceramic bristles are wider than a flat iron with a surface area that is seven times wider. The MCH technology enables the brush to heat up in one minute. The technology is also able to offer an optimum temperature that is enough to work on the hair but does not burn. It has seven temperature levels that are meant to cater for all hair types. The temperatures range from 330˚F to 450˚F. It works faster than a flat iron reducing the smoothening time by half.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
It works within a voltage range of 110-240v and can thus be used internationally. The safety feature includes a temperature auto-lock that saves from accidental pressing. Another safety precaution is the automatic shut off that comes into effect after 30 minutes of inactivity.
The product is made with a patented design with DuPont plastic materials that protect from scalding and burning. The product is also FCC, CE and ETL certified.
- It is easy and safe to use
- The product saves the time required to work on straightening hair
- It can be utilized for all types of hair
- You can cannot use it on wet hair
9. 2-in 1 Ionic Hair Straightener Brush MCH Heating Hair Straightening Irons
This product is said to be responsible for silky, smooth and lustrous hair. It does this by reducing fizziness, knotting, split ends and sealing cuticles. It is a high-density Nano comb straightener brush that is also able to stimulate hair follicles and massage the scalp.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
There are 16 different temperatures in which the product can be adjusted. The temperature ranges in which the adjustment is possible is 302-446oF. The range enables the brush to deal with all hair types such as fine, thin, bleached, curled and heavy. It has an auto shut off and a temperature lock to prevent burning and accidental switching of temperature. The manufacturer provides a no questions asked money to guarantee that takes 360 days. The power cord is able to turn in 360 degrees making it easy to use. The product comes with a heat resistant glove, a user manual and a carrying bag.
- It comes with accessories that are helpful such as a heat resistant glove and carrying bag
- This product has 16 different temperature settings to cater for all types of hair
- It makes straightening hair operations shorter
- Only works efficiently with bone dry hair
10. Head Kandy Straightening Brush 2.0 (Teal)
It is a new product from Head Kandy Pro labeled 2.0. It is a product of re-design of the original straightener brush. The ceramic material is infused with tourmaline that enhances the ability of the brush to create shiny and silky hair. It has an anti-scald design without having rubber tips. The anti-scald is also strengthened by the bristles that are streamlined which make it stress-free to straighten all hair types. It has a US safety plugin and a swivel cord for better use.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
It has a dual voltage support of between 110-240 volts. The maximum temperature that the brush can go up to is 450oF. It comes with an anion massager and a detangling brush.
- It works fast and efficiently to straighten all types of hair
- It comes with accessories such as a detangling brush and massager
- The tourmaline infused ceramic protects against burning and scalding
- It is more expensive than other products available
- It does not work with wet hair
Hair Straightening Brush Buying Guide
Like any other product, there are a few things that you need to consider before choosing the best hair straightening brush. The buying guide will cover all features you should consider and how the features affect performance. All the features discussed are common to all hair straightener brushes.
The bristles play a major role in a straightener. There are several types of bristles available and the wrong choice may lead to hair breakage. Low-quality brushes with weak bristles sometimes fall out during straightening. Another important aspect to consider when it comes to bristles is the scalp sensitivity. Using bristles that are gentle on your scalp will prevent the formation of bruises and burning.
There are oval, round, rectangular and flat. The choice is dependent on preference and the length of hair. Flat brushes work best with short to medium hair while long hair straightens well with rollers and circular shape.
The configuration and settings
This regards the temperature and safety features. The product should have a variety of temperature adjustments to cater for the condition of different hair types. The major safety features include the button lock and the auto-shut off after a given period.
The plates are the sections of a brush that heat up and stay in contact with the hair. The technology used to heat up the plates impacts how the procedure will turn out. The best is the tourmaline and ceramic technology. There is an anti-scald and anti-burn feature employed that prevents any injury. The ceramic is the most popular, where negative ions are released to neutralize positive ions in hair.
The brush should be small and lightweight to enable one carry it around in case of travel. Also, the lightweight makes it convenient for use to minimize fatigue on the wrist and hands when working on the hair.
The ease of use
The hair straightener brush should be able to fit comfortably in your hand for an ergonomic grip. The other issue to consider that affects the use is the handle length, the location of buttons and cable length. Most of the products available have a cord that rotates at a 360o angle making it simple to use.
How to use the hair straightening brush: Using Guide
After the identification of the best product to buy, there is need to know how to use it. This makes it possible to make the best out of the product and get the best result on your hair.
Wash your hair
Before starting the straightening operation, it is important to ensure your hair and scalp is clean. Make use of a high-quality shampoo and conditioner. Thoroughly clean with water and make sure no chemical is left in the hair. The next step after washing is drying with a towel. You can rub the towel through severally until dry or give the hair time to dry naturally. A moisturizer can then be applied before straightening. The moisturizer helps to protect hair against frizz or heat damage.
Brushing of hair
Before plugging in the hair brush, it is nice to know what type of hair you have and the appropriate temperature to use. In case you are not aware of the best temperature, there are various charts available online. The manufacturers of some of the products also give instructions on the manual. Once the identification of temperature is done, plug in the brush and wait for it to heat up. Most of the brushes have a display that shows the temperature.
The hair can be divided into different sections for ease of brushing if you have thick hair. Further, one can brush with a comb to remove any knots and tangles. Start brushing as close to the root as possible and move slowly towards the end. This ensures that all the areas have been straightened and dried. It also reduces the amount of time by reducing the number of repetitions. Do this until you are satisfied with the result.
How to maintain the brush
- A few maintenance practices to ensure the brush lasts and performs longer include;
- Ensure always to clean your brush after every use. This can be done using a damp piece of cloth. Some products come with a small brush to assist with this task. Cleaning is necessary to remove any hair left on the brush. Cleaning should also be done regularly even if the brush is not in use to keep dust away.
- Do not use the brush on wet hair.
- Set the appropriate temperature depending on the hair type. This protects not only the brush but also the hair.
- Do not leave the brush plugged in and on without use.
- Ensure the temperature lock and auto-lock features are enabled to prevent any accidents.
- Check that the hair is free of any knots and tangles to prevent the breakage of bristles.
- Ensure the product is examined after unboxing to identify any factory defects that may affect the functioning of the product.
Hair brushes are evolving as days buy. This makes it pretty challenging and confusing for consumers shopping around for a good product. The main features to consider when looking for the best hair straightener brush include the shape, ease of use and the plate. Other additional factors include the portability and the settings available.
The procedure described for how to use the brush varies suits all types of products. However, minor adjustments can be made in depending on the kind of hair. Finally, the maintenance tips that ensure the products last and work effectively.
From the products discussed, I would recommend the FemJolie Electric Hair Straightener Brush. This is because it is a best seller in the market meaning it works effectively. The other reason is that it has two unique features that distinguish it from the rest. The first feature is its ability to perform four functions and it is affordable.