When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
When you want to take the perfect shot, you need to be able to align it well. With the naked eye, this may be a challenge. However, adding a reflex sight to your device makes the entire process much easier. The best reflex sight should be able to stay in alignment with the device in use. This is regardless of the eye position of the viewer. This helps to remove any sighting errors that could make it hard for the user to aim properly.
It can be used for firearms and other devices that need aiming in order to guide the user. These devices also include cameras and telescopes. It is mainly in the form of an illuminated red dot. The reflex sight allows users of such devices to look through a partially reflecting glass element to see the illuminated projection of whatever they are aiming at.
This review contains some of the best reflex sights available in the market to help guide your next purchase.
- 1 Top 5 Best Reflex Sight 2020 Reviews
- 1.1 1. Trijicon RMR 3.25 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot Sight
- 1.2 2. Vortex Razor Red Dot Sight, 3 MOA Dot RZR- 2001
- 1.3 3. Burris 300235 Fastfire III No Mount 3 MOA Sight (Black)
- 1.4 4. EOTech 512.A65 Tactical HOLOgraphic AA Batteries Weapon Sight
- 1.5 5. Trijicon RMR 6.5 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot Sight
- 1.6 6. Vortex Optics SPR -1303 Spitfire 3x Prism Scope
- 1.7 7. Leupold 119688 Delta Point Pro Reflex Dot Sight (Matte, 2.3 MOA)
- 1.8 8. Sightmark Ultra Short M-Spec Reflex Sight
- 1.9 9. Bushnell Trophy TRS- 25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope, 1 x 25 mm (tilted front lens)
- 1.10 10. Vortex Optics Sparc 2 Red Dot MOA (SPC- 402) Scope, Black
- 2 Reflex Sight Benefits
- 3 Best Reflex Sight Buying Guide
- 4 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Reflex Sight 2020 Reviews
1. Trijicon RMR 3.25 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot Sight
The initials RMR mean Ruggedized Miniature Reflex. This reflex sight can be mounted to both variable and fixed magnification optics. This is what makes it a fast and light in weight reflex option to use in case of an emergency. The light weight is because it has been made using rugged aluminum. Ideally, when you need to interchange fast it is possible with this reflex sight. It is the perfect reflex sight to pair with your handgun as well as your rifle. It can be milled directly to the side of your handgun. A mounting plate can also be bought or it can even be mounted using a rail mounting option. This is a perfect choice for anyone that is looking for a light in weight reflex sight for their rifle. In addition, this reflex sight is durable enough to be used by law enforcement as well as the military. It comes with different MOA dot configurations to choose from, which includes the 1.0 MOA for the precise shooter.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- It only weighs 1.2 ounces, which makes it quick and agile to use.
- You can easily adjust the brightness of the light depending on what you prefer to use. This makes it easy to use at any time during the day or night.
- Its automatic brightness mode makes it even easier to use. There are controls of up to 8 adjustable settings that the user can choose from.
- When you change the battery, it will reset to the factory settings.
2. Vortex Razor Red Dot Sight, 3 MOA Dot RZR- 2001
If you are looking for a reflex sight for your device that is fast, accurate and dependable, the Vortex Razor is a good choice to go for. This particular reflex sight is built for top class performance as well as incredible adaptability. It is built using highly polished glass that is clear and crisp from one edge to the other. Furthermore, it also features an anti-reflection lens that is scratch resistant to improve your total views. The other materials that is has been made from include low-glare camouflage aluminum allow which helps ensure that this sight is highly durable. It comes with an exceptional resolution as well as a wide field of view in order to give the user a picture that is sure to impress. Another features is the XR Fully Multi-Coated lens for better transmission of light. The reflex sight gives out a daylight bright red dot that is easy to see.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- The reflex sight is very reliable. It is able to paint your target regardless of the lighting conditions or background.
- It is very fast and accurate.
- This reflex sight comes in a compact design that is very easy to handle.
- It is strong, durable and highly dependable, to last you for a very long time.
- The buttons on this reflex sight are small.
3. Burris 300235 Fastfire III No Mount 3 MOA Sight (Black)
This is a highly durable reflex sight that is made using only the highest quality materials. These materials include stainless steel, anodized aluminum and bronze. It has been tested for complete quality and reliability; therefore expect minimal issues for as long as you will have it. It is currently the most versatile reflex sight that is in the market today. You can easily mount it on your handgun, shotgun or on your hunting rifle and you will enjoy its accuracy as well as fast target acquisition. Furthermore, the process of dismounting your gun is quick and ease. With this reflex sight, you will never worry about sight alignment, finding your target or even eye dominance. You only need to put the red dot on the target and the aim will be perfect. There are two versions that you can choose from, and these are the Picatinny mount version and the no mount version.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- It comes with a very convenient power button that provides three levels of brightness plus an automatic brightness setting for ease of use.
- It has a low button warning indicator to help you stay in action
- Its quality, reliability and accuracy are guaranteed
- Its brightness button is small and may be hard to adjust
- It does not shut itself off automatically.
4. EOTech 512.A65 Tactical HOLOgraphic AA Batteries Weapon Sight
This particular reflex sight uses a state-of-the art digital electronics design that is unique and great looking. It provides up to 20 brightness levels that users can choose from, depending on the brightness they prefer. It comes with an onboard microprocessor too, which provides an automatic battery check indicator. Other amazing features include an up/down brightness scrolling plus a programmable auto shutdown. It has been designed for a close-in combat speed and versatility, which helps a lot in case of an emergency. This is also an indication of the durability of the reflex sight, as is the fact that it is also ideal for use by the military. The lens on this reflex sight is quite thick, and it has also been perfectly sealed so that it is fog proof.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
- This reflex sight provides a wide view for easier target acquisition
- It is very easy to install and use
- This is just what you need for an improved target acquisition, to boost your shooting accuracy and also to increase your firearm control.
- It provides a longer battery life plus an automatic battery check indicator to help you recharge on time.
- Its quality and dependability are guaranteed.
- It does not have any night vision.
5. Trijicon RMR 6.5 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot Sight
This is a good choice of reflex sight to pair with your handgun, shotgun or hunting rifle. The main material that is used in its creation is forged aluminum, which is what makes it light in weight. It can easily be mounted on your weapon in several ways including milling it directly to your handgun. You can also buy a mounting plate for it or mount it using a rail mounting. It features an automatic brightness mode with controls of up to 8 adjustable settings. It comes with very easy to use push buttons that you can use to adjust the brightness. The buttons have been designed in such a manner that they are easy to access and manipulate for any user. The reflex sight itself is very unique, thanks to its unique patented housing shape. The large dot size is a reason that it appeals to so many.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- It is easy to adjust its brightness depending on the background and the lighting.
- Its true-color multi-colored lens creates a wide-band light transmission. This helps to make minimal changes depending on the target color
- The sight’s elevation is adjustable too, without use of special tools
- It comes with a very useful user manual to guide you through its use. It is also the best help in case of any issues that require troubleshooting.
- It does not come with screw assortment that can fit all types of weapons. You might have to buy screws in case what is provided does not fit.
- This reflex sight is also missing an automatic shutoff feature.
6. Vortex Optics SPR -1303 Spitfire 3x Prism Scope
This is the best choice for the AR platform. It has a compact and prism-based design and glass edged intuitive reticle. Unlike other reflex sights which have open designs, this one has a lenses which are tubular making them more similar to an optical scope. That is why it is fast, accurate and versatile both in close and medium range shooting scenarios. You are able to shoot with it in both near and far ranges. The reflex sight provides a consistent point-of-aim at all times with red and green illumination of five intensity levels. You can choose between the two in order to match the specific conditions.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- The red dot is very fast. It can allow you to use your gun easily even when it is dark
- Its high quality construction ensures that y0u get a long time service
- It provides a small fixed power scope that helps you to aim at your target better
- Its reticle is perfect for both small and mid ranges
- The reflex sight is very easy to use and get on your target
- Its eye relief is far too short, therefore may not be set well for AR platform.
7. Leupold 119688 Delta Point Pro Reflex Dot Sight (Matte, 2.3 MOA)
This is a very rugged reflex sight that you can consider buying for its strength and durability. Its diamond coat that is scratch resistant helps you enjoy its use for a long time without losing its great appeal. It has an ultra light aluminum housing which makes it light in weight and therefore very easy to handle. You will love its smaller size too, if you want to have an easy time using it and bringing it with you whenever you want to use your weapon. It is designed to use for rifles, handguns and also shotguns.
Our Rating: (3.7 / 5)
- Its wide field of view will help you acquire a better view of your target or an accurate shooting
- You can do the installation alone, and fast.
- Its quality is great. It has been made strong in order to give the user a long time service.
- This product is small in size and light in weight for ease of use
- It has a great battery life for prolonged period of use
- Does not come with enough mounting options
8. Sightmark Ultra Short M-Spec Reflex Sight
If you are looking for a strong and durable reflex sight for better aiming and quick action, this is a good choice to buy. Its housing is made of cast magnesium alloy, with a protective shield to keep it under good working condition for a long time. It is designed in such a manner that it consumes less energy, therefore you can enjoy longer battery service before you need to recharge. It comes with very easy to use digital switch controls to help you control its brightness easily depending on the conditions your target is in.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Its reticle brightness varies with the surrounding conditions. It has night vision modes too to help you aim and attack even when it is dark
- It is a modern reflex sight, with very easy to use digital switch controls. You can choose up to six levels of brightness for daytime and between six in the night vision mode.
- The sight is inbuilt for perfect adaptation to any shooting environment
- It has a battery life of up to 1,000 hours for longer time usage and superior functionality.
- The on button is not as responsive as it should be. You need to push it a few times before it responds.
9. Bushnell Trophy TRS- 25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope, 1 x 25 mm (tilted front lens)
This is a great choice of a reflex sight for anyone who wants to enjoy a perfect target acquisition. The red dot is always a plus when it comes to a perfect aim and accuracy especially when you are shooting on dim conditions. This reflex sight has been built with amber-bright optics in order to help the user to quickly see their target. Its scope has multicolored optics to help hunters see their target even in low light conditions. It is 100% waterproof, with a shockproof construction, making it hard to get damaged.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- There is no doubt you will accurately aim at your target and shoot with this reflex sight
- It can be used even with both your eyes open. This helps the shooter to be aware of his surroundings even when he is aiming at the target
- It is a very easy to use reflex sight. Installing it is easy too.
- This is a very strong and durable reflex sight. It is worth every penny
- Its red dot is not crystal clear. It has a glare effect
10. Vortex Optics Sparc 2 Red Dot MOA (SPC- 402) Scope, Black
This is a reflex sight that can help you get on your target pretty fast. It is ultra-compact, therefore very easy to handle. It is light in weight too, helping you to aim and shoot at your target with ease. The product features digital rear facing controls that can power to on and off and adjust the 2 MOA daylight bright red hit brightness to up to ten intensity levels. It automatically returns to the last dot intensity that was used when it is powered up. The Vortex optics sparc is a rugged single-piece body, made from aircraft grade aluminum. The body is waterproof and fogproof to protect it from any external damage.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- Its multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces helps it to increase its light transmission
- You will enjoy a long battery life with this sight, thanks to its 12-hour auto-shutdown feature
- Its bright red dot gives you a good display that is highly visible during the day
- It is ultra-compact yet light in weight to make it easy to handle by any user
- It is a bit expensive when compared to other models in the market
Reflex Sight Benefits
Any device that requires aiming needs some form of guidance that can help the user aim perfectly at the target. Such devices include firearms and cameras. The kind of guidance you need for an accurate target acquisition is called the reflex sight. In the use of weapons, the reflex sight will give you an aimpoint in form of an illuminated red dot. This will help you see your target clearly, then shoot before they get out of sight.
The main reason why you need a reflex sight is in order to enjoy better target acquisition. Imagine when you go hunting and you are required to aim and shoot in dim light conditions? With a good reflex sight, you should be able to clearly see your target, aim and shoot before you lose it out of your sight.
The red dot on the reflex sight of your choice will place your target and the reticle on almost the same optical lane, to give you just a single point of focus. This is how you end up with a fast target acquisition. The dot also gives you an easy to use sight, which can keep your attention on the field of view long enough until you shoot at your target.
There is usually no magnification with reflex sight; therefore there is no need to worry about parallax and eye relief. Reflex sights can be mounted at any distance from the shooter’s eye and still not give the user any issues with their focus.
Best Reflex Sight Buying Guide
Buying a good reflex sight may not be as easy as it seems. This is because there are different models in the market today and you have to go with one that will meet your needs fully. To start with, you have to choose one that will mount perfectly on your type of firearm, shotgun or rifle. There are those reflex sights that have been designed for use on many types of weapons and they come with different mounting options as well as screw assortments to help the user with the installation.
Other than that, there are a few considerations you have to make in order to choose the right reflex sight for your use:
1. Your budget
The amount of money you are willing to invest on a reflex sight will determine the type you will buy. Different reflex sights in the market today have varying cost implications, therefore it will be easy to see what fits within your budget, with at least the features you prefer.
2. The reticle size
The reticle size varies from one Sight to the other. Some sights have red dots that can be adjusted in size. It is important o consider how much space you have on your firearm and how large you want your reticle to be in order to choose a perfect Sight.
It is always good to note that reflex sights are powered by batteries. Consider the type of batteries the sight you want to buy uses and how long it can last in order to always enjoy its use before the battery is drained. You also want to consider this in order to always have backup in case you want prolonged service.
Buying a reflex sight is good if you always want to enjoy better target acquisition whenever you go out hunting or even in self defense scenarios. From the review, Sightmark Ultra Short M-Spec Reflex Sight is a great choice if you want to enjoy the best features and still not break your bank. It has features and qualities of a high-end reflex sight yet it is quite affordable. Some of its best qualities are its strength and durability.