Looking for the best car air freshener? The primary purpose of this post is not to promote any product. This article will help you choose the right product for your need. Let’s get into business!
Your car stinks! Right? You are in search for something that will help get rid of that annoying smell. You want something that will last longer and safe to use. These car air fresheners are available in different shape, size, form, and odor. Some are better than others. But, each has a unique quality and feature that is valuable to you.
To help you decide, below are the different types of car air freshener and how it works. Also included in this write-up is the top 10 best car air freshener that you can consider buying.
- 1 Types of Air Car Freshener
- 2 Top 10 Best Car Air Freshener
- 2.1 1. Little-Trees Black Ice
- 2.2 2. Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag
- 2.3 3. PURGGO Car Air Freshener Bamboo Charcoal
- 2.4 4. Febreze Car Vent-Clip Car Air Fresheners
- 2.5 5. Yankee Candle Company
- 2.6 6. KubeScent Car Air Freshener
- 2.7 7. Chemical Guys AIR_101_16
- 2.8 8. Ozium Smoke & Odors Eliminator Gel
- 2.9 9. Air Spencer (000400) CS-X3 Squash
- 2.10 10. Earth Air Car Ionizer Purifier Freshener
- 3 Final Verdict
Types of Air Car Freshener
1. Traditional Shaped Cardboard
The shaped cardboard is the oldest style of air car freshener. Manufacturers cut cardboards into different shapes. They then covered it with different fragrance or perfumes. The air fresheners excrete the odor once exposed to air. Most of the time, it will last for about one to two months or more, depending on the brand. For those on a tight budget, we recommend this type of car air freshener since it cost less.
This type of air freshener works by absorbing the molecules in the air that produce the smell. The process on how it works is similar on how baking soda deodorized the air in the fridge. The deodorizer works in two ways. One is by getting rid of the molecules from the air. And by releasing a fragrance after a chemical change takes place. You will know if you run out of deodorizer if it no longer emits the fragrance.
The spray is a popular type of car air freshener. It works by releasing an aerosol material into the air. The product is a perfume odor. It can also be a fragrance that combines with the molecules in the air to release the smell as it falls to the ground. This air freshener will not cost you that much. You can spray your car with it anytime you want.
4. Ionic Air Purifiers
The ionic air purifier needs electricity to work. This type of freshener uses electrical charges to ionize the air. Once the positive molecules combined with the negative ions, the molecules become grounded. The electrode in the ionizer attracts the molecules.
The device uses the car’s 12-volt receptacle. It is more expensive than other types of fresheners. The Ionic air purifiers do not produce any smell. It only purifies the air. But for those who are familiar with the smell of ozone, they know that the device is working. This device has a limited range.
5. Air Vent Clip-0n
The air vent clip-on is an air freshener with a liquid perfume. You can clip the product into the car’s air vent folds. As the air passed into the clip-on, it attracts molecules from the liquid out of the device. The frequency of its exposure will affect how long the freshener will last. Warm air can hasten their consumption. The price will depend on the brand and the rated life-cycle of the clip-on.
6. Charcoal Air Purifiers
The charcoal air purifier does not emit a certain smell. The device uses a porous bag with charcoal ground down into small flakes. The materials used in making charcoal are bamboo, coconut and woody plant material. The charcoal air purifier works through activated carbon and has a porous element. This type of purifier is safe for the environment. You can use it several times under certain conditions. It is available in cute and fun sizes and shapes.
Top 10 Best Car Air Freshener
1. Little-Trees Black Ice
The Little Trees Black Ice is available in shaped cardboard with different scents. It has a brisk clean smell that freshens up your car. The product is available in bold attractive packaging. We have one in our car and love its high-quality fragrance with a bit of mystery.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- Masculine smell
- Scent last longer as compared to others
- Less Expensive
- The odor is too strong for some users
2. Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag
The Moso bag is a bamboo charcoal air freshener that will keep your car fresh, dry and odor free. It has no strong, irritating odor. This charcoal air freshener absorbs and gets rid of the bad odor, harmful pollutants, and allergens. You will not have problems with bacteria, mold, and mildew because it can absorb moisture.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Can last up to 2 years
- Free from artificial fragrances and harmful chemicals
- No irritating odor and smell
- It cost less as compared to others
- Stylish and simple
- It does not need batteries or electricity
- Safe to use around kids and pets
- When disposing you can use it in your garden to absorb moisture
- Because of its size, it can cover a smaller area. Purchasing more is not a problem since it cost less
3. PURGGO Car Air Freshener Bamboo Charcoal
The PURGGO bamboo charcoal car air freshener does not contain harmful chemicals. This product does not have irritating smell thus it is safe for children and pets. The bamboo charcoal is porous and is like a sponge that absorbs the bad odor.
This air freshener works 24/7 and lasts more than 365 plus days. This feature will help you save money on expensive refills and replacement. The design is great. The product uses hemp and bamboo, which are two of the most renewable natural resources. These plants do not need artificial fertilizer to grow.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Last longer up to 365 plus days
- Does not use artificial fragrance
- With attractive design
- It does not harm the environment
- Without irritating smell
- A little bit pricey, but since it last for a year or longer it is still worth it
- May not be effective on heavy smells
- It takes time to become effective
4. Febreze Car Vent-Clip Car Air Fresheners
The Febreze is a vent clip type car air freshener that is fairly inexpensive. This product has a pleasing and mild scent. You can clip this car air freshener without any problems. Before buying this product, you need to consider the thickness of your car’s vent. These clips are available in packs of 1, 4 or 8. One clip-on can last around one month. But, if you are always using your air conditioning system it will deplete faster.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
- Cost less as compared to other car air freshener.
- Has mild scent.
- Easy to use
- It does not last longer
5. Yankee Candle Company
The Yankee Candle Car Air Freshener removes bad odor in your car. It releases an odor that is pleasing to all users. The scent will give you a relaxing feeling as you drive your car. You don’t have to suffer from burning tire smell, petrol odor or other irritating smell that can make you feel uncomfortable as you drive your car. One jar can last up to 4 weeks.
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
- Available in colorful and attractive jars
- Mild and refreshing smell
- It will last up to one month
- Easy to use
- If exposed and used more often it will only last for three weeks or less
6. KubeScent Car Air Freshener
The Kubescent Car Air Freshener is an all natural Beechwood cap that will diffuse the scent continuously. Because it is quite popular some people are imitating the product. The good thing about this product is that it has no chemical solvents, thus it is safe. People will love the delightfully mouth-watering smell of a bowl of fresh Maraschino Cherries.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Fragrance that lasts for 90 days or longer
- Natural and safe
- It smells good and refreshing
- Contained in a spill-proof container
- Can easily imitate some people get easily tricked by fake items
7. Chemical Guys AIR_101_16
The product has a unique fragrance that will make your car smell new all the time. New Car Smell by Chemical Guys Air works by eliminating odors and providing new odor. This revolutionary formulation works enzymatically. You can dilute the liquid up to two gallons of distilled water. It has deodorizing capabilities with a superior scent that will last for weeks. You only need one spray to make the entire vehicle smell good.
Our Rating: (3.5 / 5)
- Lasts longer
- Easy to use
- It won’t stain any fabric in your car
- The smell is not good.
8. Ozium Smoke & Odors Eliminator Gel
This product is an odor and smoke eliminator. It can absorb and eliminate any bad smell in your car. It provides a fresh scent that some people refer to as citric.
You can also use it to freshen up your rooms and bathrooms. It does not cost that much thus you can buy an extra to clean up the air not just your car but your entire house as well.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
- Works both as a deodorizer and as a perfume
- Easy to use and inconspicuous
- It does not have an attachment to stick in your rear mirror
9. Air Spencer (000400) CS-X3 Squash
The Air Spencer Squash Scent can last for one month. As compared to other car air freshener that you hung on the mirror or on the dashboard, you can put it anywhere in your car. The product can deodorize your car by absorbing the bad-smelling molecules in your vehicle. It will not cost you that much because it is refillable.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Simple and sleek design
- Unique squash scent
- You can place anywhere in your vehicle
- The smell is too sweet
- The scent does not last longer
10. Earth Air Car Ionizer Purifier Freshener
The Earth Air Car Ionizer Purifier can get rid of cigarette smoke fast, thus you don’t have to worry if you share your car with a smoker. This product ionized air naturally. You don’t need unhealthy aerosols, chemicals or gels to breathe clean. Just plug it in the cigarette lighter or power port and you will have clean air to breathe right away. It can also get rids of allergens and viruses.
Our Rating: (3.5 / 5)
- Portable and easy to carry
- Easy to use
- With Warranty
- Safe, reliable and of good quality
- For dust or pollen concern this product is not a good choice.
After assessing the different features of the best car air freshener, we find the Moso Natural air freshener as the best choice. One of the reasons is that it has a natural component that is safe for your children and pets. It does not cost you that much. You can also reuse it many times and may last up to two years.
Second to Moso Natural is the Earth Air Car Ionizer Purifier. It can eliminate smoke fast by plugging it into the power port. You can have clean air to breathe within seconds. If you think this post is helpful to you, feel free to share it with others.