A Helmet is an important part of motorcycle riders. You can be a seasoned motorcycle rider participating in races or you might be using the bike to commute to your workplace, helmets are extremely essential. Since there are many helmets it becomes confusing to select the right product with the right price and also with the necessary safety standards. You have to be aware of the essential safety standards which the helmet should adhere to. Apart from providing enough safety to your head, you should also feel comfortable wearing it and it should be easy to take out and put back in. To relieve your worries, we have given the details of Duke Helmets DK-120 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet which is one of the best helmets out there.
- Safety – The primary benefit of using a helmet is a protection to your head from any mishaps and accidents. Since any injury to the head can lead to internal injuries to Brain, which is the most important internal organ for coordination.
- Protection – Apart from prevention of accidents it also prevents your eyes from dust particles, smoke, tar particles, falling objects, insects and many other forbid elements coming in contact with your eyes and skin. Some of these things may damage your eyes or skin and hence it is best advised to use a helmet.
Below are few of the primary features of Duke Helmets DK-120.
- High Quality- This is one of the best products from Duke which meets or you can say it even surpasses the dot FMVSS-218 helmet safety norms for motorcycles. This has been established by a statutory body governing the Transportation laws and they have provided the guidelines for a motorcycle helmet.
- Strong Outer Shell This helmet comes with a unique aerodynamic shell design and is constructed with an advanced material. The advanced material is a composite poly-alloy. This material makes the helmet lightweight but not compromising on the quality or the safety aspect.
- Lightweight Since a composite material is used in the design of this helmet, it is not heavy and you can carry it easily.
- Matte Finish This helmet comes in a matte finish which gives this helmet a classy and stylish look.
- Ventilation is an important aspect which has to be considered when buying a helmet. If there is no proper air exchange then it is not good and would lead to excessive sweating and can be discomforting. Hence, this helmet is incorporated into a seven-point ventilation system with the forehead, rear and chin vents.
- Clearcoat Finish This helmet comes with a clearcoat finish. This is a unique feature which enables the paint on the helmet body to be retained and it will be having a new look for a long time.
- Since it is made up of a high-quality lightweight composite material, it is not too bulky and you can carry around this helmet with ease.
- There are many different designs and colors from which you can choose this helmet. The matte finish gives this helmet a cool and elegant look.
- The liners are easily removable and are washable. Hence, after a long drive, you can take out the liners and wash them for the next use.
- The liner and cheek pads are made of a unique hypo-allergic material made from premium quality Nylon. So it will not be impacted by sweat.
- The helmet is well ventilated and comfortable to wear.
- It is made according to the DOT specification of USA.
- The Duke Helmets DK-120 is affordable and not too pricey.
- Sometimes the size is very large and is not proportionate to the body.
- As soon as the new product is unboxed, sometimes it can have a dirty smell.
How to Use
- This helmet comes packed in a box with one visor already fit the body.
- To fit another visor, you have to remove the current one. You have to pull down a piece with an arrow on it and then lift the visor and push it backward.
- When wearing the helmet properly fasten the chin strap. This will help to stay the helmet on your head in case of any accident or impact.
- Sometimes the new product will be having a stinky smell. In that case, you can keep the helmet in fresh air for some time and start using it.
- This helmet comes with two visors, one is clear and one is tinted. You can select which you want to be based on time of your journey.
- Always keep the helmet in a cool and dry place. As keeping it in a humid place may make you feel uncomfortable and scratchy while you wear it.
Since helmets are protecting your head and face it is equally important that helmets should be kept clean and well maintained. The helmet can be wiped with a clean cloth to keep it dust-free.
The liner and cheek pads are made up of hypo-allergic nylon material. So these are washable and will not be allergic even when you are sweating. But you should dry the helmet properly and never use dryers to dry it as this can damage the helmet’s outer shell.
Since the visors are also removable, you can easily take them out and clean them for any dust particles, small insects, tar particles etc. which could have easily deposited on the visor.
FAQs about Duke DK-120 Helmets
1. Does this helmet come with 2 Visors?
- Yes. It comes with a clear and a tinted visor.
2. Does this helmet have a matte finish?
- Yes, this helmet has a matte finish.
3. Is XX-Large size available in this helmet?
- Yes. This helmet comes in Small, Large, X Large and XX Large sizes.
4. Are the Visors fog proof?
- No. The visors are not fog proof.
Since helmets are extremely important for a person who regularly uses bikes, a wise decision should be made before buying the right product. We have briefly reviewed DK-120 Full Face Helmets from Duke. It is incorporated with features such as good ventilation, non-allergic nylon liners and cheek pads and stylish design with the beautiful matte finish. It also comes with 2 visors, one which is clear and the other is tinted. Hence, we suggest going for this product which is one of the best in the market.