Fuzz-free bodies have been the desire of many; women often like smooth, hair-free legs for an incredibly long time. As we move back to the older centuries in Egypt, where girls used to remove fuzz by using a paste made of oil and honey mixture as an early form of waxing, this method (waxing) is still popular these days. It is quite easy and quick and its results last up to five to six weeks depending on the nature of your skin. Epilation, on the other hand, has become popular in the past twenty years for similar reasons. It too produces long lasting results, very easy to use and it’s completely mess-free. So, what is the right method for you?
It’s a superb method of removing unwanted hairs to leave the skin silky smooth. There’re several types of waxes, like Nad’s Washable Roll-On Warm Wax that can simply be warmed/heated in a microwave, applied and taken off with strips. The other type is the Elle Macpherson Hot Wax for HoMedics that is recommended for those individuals who regularly wax at home rather than in salons. This type comes with a handy heat controlled pod that takes about twenty minutes to heat the wax-filled cartridges. The handy roll-on enabling an easy and mess-free process. The included strips are manufactured with materials that are easily washed away after each use. The warm wax grasps even the shortest hairs and a single cartridge last for about eight uses.
The cold wax strips are rather quicker and easier than the warm wax because there is no preparation time, it’s simply warmed in hands prior to application. The results are also good, though, for perfectly smoother results, the hotter variety works better than the latter.
Before waxing, it’s wise to shower as it will open the pores up making the procedure less painful. Dry off before waxing and do not use oils or body lotions before starting. If you are susceptible of reddening after waxing, an Aloe Vera Gel works perfectly well. Apply it on the affected area and it will calm and soothe your skin in no time.
- Quick and fast to use.
- Gives excellent, smooth, and long lasting results.
- With time, the grow-back hairs are thinner and sparser than the initial hairs.
- It’s a time-consuming activity as warm wax takes a little bit time to heat up. However, this process is fast and removes hairs in a few strokes.
- Though termed as virtually mess-free, it will leave a sticky residue on areas applied.
- It’s sometimes painful, but the pain lasts only a few seconds and after a few tries you will get used.
If you want to wax at home, I highly recommend using GiGi Mini Pro Waxing Kit.
Just as waxing, epilators produce perfect results that last for several weeks. They strip hair from the roots by using an electrical tweezing system to pull it out from the follicles. Many epilators such as the Braun Silk-Epil 5 5780 have an incorporated electrical razor that trims longer hair before using the device.
Just as in waxing, before epilating, it’s advisable to take a shower to make the pores dilated. Also, it is wrong if moisturize the area, just ensure it’s dry. Epilation causes redness as well, but not as serious as waxing does. Redness is reduced by applying an aloe vera gel over the affected area.
- Perfect for touch ups.
- Less irritation than with waxing.
- Hair grows back weaker and sparser.
- No need for refills or re-buys. Quality epilators last for longer periods and come with a warranty.
- Completely mess-free and simple to use. No need for preparing as in waxing. Simply plug the device and it’s ready for use.
- Can be used at any moment and anywhere provident there is power socket.
- Can be used to remove facial hairs as well as on other body parts. But getting the specific type for sensitive areas is the best option.
- Some epilators are noisy, adding to the “fear factor”.
- Whilst there is no prepping, it rather takes a little longer time to use than using waxing to achieve same results.
- It is a little more painful than waxing because each small tweezers pull out a few hairs at a go whilst waxing pulls out several hairs in one stroke.
Waxing and epilation are superb methods of removing unwanted hairs from your skin. They both produce a long lasting result that lasts for several weeks. Try it today to prove the same.