An electric lawn mower is one of the household appliances that really takes a beating but still continues to do its job. That is why it is really very important that you will make sure to take care of it and always do some cleaning activity, especially its bottom part where is always prone to dirt. A clean lawn mower will really last much longer and will be able to help you save on expensive repairs and also the time during cutting the grass.
Since we know that an electric lawn mower is really very useful in keeping your lawn neat and tidy, it is also very important that to be able to clean it, you will also need to know about how to clean the bottom part of it. This is very important to be able to avoid problems will be able to result in a damage to a lawn mower. As the owner of the electric lawn mower, you really need to make sure that you have enough knowledge on how to clean it.
Things You Will Need
- Socket wrench.
- A tarp.
- Heavy work gloves.
- Before you start to clean your lawn mower, make sure that you have disconnected all power sources. This will be able to help you prevent any accidental engagement of the lawn mowers engine and will also help you avoid injuries during cleaning. It is really very important that you will observe safety first in cleaning your lawn mower.
- Use a socket wrench to remove the bolts that fixed blade. Remove the blade and lay it aside. It is also very important that you will use some heavy work gloves to protect yourself from the sharp edges of the blade.
- Place the lawn mower on a tarp and tilt it sideways. Begin scrub the underside of the mower with a wire brush to remove dried grass and debris. A grass builds up on your lawn mower will be able to prevent the blade of the from cutting the grass cleanly.
- Use sprinklers spray to rinse the underside to remove any debris remains in the mower deck. Avoid water overflowing into engine parts can cause damage. Allow drying completely mower after finishing.
- Reinstall the blade to ready the mower for use.
- Sharpen mower blades regularly to be able to provide the best performance while cutting grass.
- An effective way to prevent the thickness of the grass residue clinging to the bottom of the mower is to spray the underside with cooking oil before use.