When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
The Earthquake W1200 Compact 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter is the ideal log splitting tool for customers with simple log cutting requirements like for their homes’ fireplace or weekend camping out where a the need to build a campfire is a necessity.
Winter months are fast approaching and the temperature could bring cold chills to our homes. Have you got enough supply of firewood to light your fireplace? If not, don’t let the cold weather prevent you from doing any log cutting activity just in time for the worst winter nights.
Start your log cutting activity and the chilly breeze outdoor would not be an issue if you are already a proud owner of this awesome electric log splitter, the Earthquake W1200 Compact 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter.
If you are a bit apprehensive, whether it’s the best log splitter for your log cutting requirements, here are some facts that will help you become well informed and keep your winter days warmer and a lot cozier with a well lighted Fireplace.
Our Rating: (3.6 / 5)
This compact built device is designed to cut logs easily into halves or wedges. One of the best features of this electric log splitter is that you can perform any log cutting from a sturdy working table or at the back of your pick-up truck. The log splitting capacity of this log splitter model is 5 tons.
The Earthquake W1200 Compact 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter can manage a log with a length of 20 inches. Any user will find this unit easy to use, less time consuming and fully equipped with precision gears for the needed splitting force while in the middle of any log cutting activity.
This electric log splitter runs on 1.75 horsepower and produces précised cutting on every piece of log cut. It’s highly recommended for household log cutting needs, but not for clearing fallen trees. Although, this log splitter can still be used to cut hard types of log, timber or wood, it’s not advisable for industrial or huge logging projects.
With its portable and compact design, this electric log splitter could be an indispensable tool to any home with a fireplace.
Top features of Earthquake W1200 Compact 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter
- Unit’s engine: electric, runs on 1.75 horsepower, 120 volt, 60hz and 15 amp
- Maximum log splitting capacity 20” in length, 10” in diameter
- Log splitting force is 5 tons
- Wedge size is 5”
- Actual weight of unit is 99 pounds
- Material component is of top quality steel
- Compact built design
- Handles comes with easy grip rubber coating for comfy handling
- Warranty coverage is 1 year limited upon date of purchased
- Suitable for any indoor or outdoor log cutting jobs.
- Boast of fast cycle time of 22 seconds.
- Overall built of unit is durable due top quality steel made component.
- Can be easily moved or transported with its coated handle and steel wheels.
- Can handle logs with 20” length and 10” diameter.
- User can easily assemble the unit with its easy-to-follow manual guide.
- Noise and fumes free because it is powered by electric.
- Pure comfort can be experienced while using this electric log splitter because of its lightweight feature.
- No need to worry about storage space because you can quickly fold it and store if somewhere after usage.
- No special cart needed to move the unit around or to another area since it has wheels and handlebar where the used can drag it like a cart.
- Replacements parts are not hard to find because you can order them directly from the manufacturer or accredited online retailer of this particular brand log splitter.
- Limited log cutting capacity because it is specifically designed for ordinary household pile of log cutting needs for the fireplace or any occasional family camping out where cut logs are required to build a campfire.
- Cannot handle major outdoor log cutting projects like fallen trees.
- Unit comes with a limited 1 year Warranty
Additional tips when using the Earthquake W1200 Compact 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter
- Make sure the floor area or working station where you will use this unit is completely dry. If you found there are some wet surfaces near the power outlet, keep the place dry to avoid incidents of being electrocuted.
- In case of jammed logs while working, never attempt to remove them on bare hands or while the device is still in action. Unplug the unit from the power outlet and remove the jammed logs or any objects that caused this problem.
- Avoid using this electric log splitter near highly combustible areas where paints, chemicals and other flammable items are stored because it could lead to accidental fire or worst explosions if some sparks from the log splitter come in direct contact with these flammable items.
What are you looking for a log splitter? Do you want a log cutting model that will give you comfort all throughout the log cutting activity? Before you scout for the best log splitter, ask yourself this crucial question, “Will you opt for a log splitter powered on gas or electric?” Once you have a clear idea on this matter, focus on your next concern such as log splitting force, log cutting capacity, size and price.
It would be great if you could put all these ideal features you want on a piece of paper and use them as your buying guideline when visiting online sellers’ websites. Don’t forget also to ask friends, neighbors or even colleagues from work what type of log splitters they are using at their homes. Keep yourself fully informed with relevant facts of the available best log splitters being sold online that have been rated as top performing brands and consider them as your prospects.
In the event you are still undecided on what unit to buy, go back to this review and read it again because you might find the above mentioned features and advantages helpful as you make a final decision of choosing the Earthquake W1200 Compact 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter.