When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
The best battery operated fans are gaining more popularity, especially as people become more dependent on their laptop computers. To start with, a portable fan can be a great accessory to help you work comfortably on your computer. Fortunately, there are many types of portable fans one can choose from, among them those that use batteries. These types of fans are available, though you should have all the details on what they are able to offer so that you can choose the best one. Making the right choice can be a bit tricky though, because they are almost the same in features though the prices are different. Here are the best that you can choose from today:
- 1 Top 10 Best Battery Operated Fans In 2020 Reviews
- 1.1 1. SkyGenius Battery Operated Clip on Mini Desk Fan, Black
- 1.2 2. OPOLAR F101B Rechargeable Handheld Mini USB Fan
- 1.3 3. Innobay Mini Handy Portable Rechargeable Fan Operated by Built-in Lithium Battery
- 1.4 4. ClipGrip Powerful Rechargeable Battery Operated Clip On Fan
- 1.5 5. O2- Cool Portable Fan, Can Use Batteries or Adapter
- 1.6 6. BLUBOON Rechargeable Battery Clip On Fan, Quietness, Adjustable (Black)
- 1.7 7. Rasse Portable Mini USB Fan, 4 inch Desktop Fan
- 1.8 8. OPOLAR F201 Rechargeable Portable Mini USB Fan
- 1.9 9. O2 Cool 10-Inch Portable Fan with AC Adapter
- 1.10 10. O2 Cool 10 Inch Rechargeable Energy Efficient Swivel Fan with USB
- 2 Battery Operated Fans Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Top 10 Best Battery Operated Fans In 2020 Reviews
1. SkyGenius Battery Operated Clip on Mini Desk Fan, Black
This is a great choice of battery operated fan that is mainly targeted at computer users. It comes in a unique compact design, with a small clip at the bottom. It is very powerful and portable, although compared to other battery operated fans in the same category, it needs more efficient construction. A full charge should be enough to power it for about six hours. It comes with a USB cable that can be used to charge its batteries.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- This is a very easy to use fan
- It is small in size but very powerful
- Its small size and compact design makes it highly portable
- Its poor construction gives it a cheap look and feel
2. OPOLAR F101B Rechargeable Handheld Mini USB Fan
This can be of great use to just about anyone. It has a great looking compact design that is very easy to handle. The fan itself is absolutely easy to use and very convenient. It comes with some kind of special fins that can help you push more air into it, removing the necessity of a more powerful motor. It has also been designed to run on a battery as well as a USB cable.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- The fan is extremely easy to use
- Its compact design makes it easy to handle and move from one location to the other
- It can work with either batteries or a USB cable
- Its sleek plastic body gives it a cheap look
3. Innobay Mini Handy Portable Rechargeable Fan Operated by Built-in Lithium Battery
This is a 3-inch portable mini fan that is powered by built-in Lithium batteries. Its compact design makes it convenient to carry anywhere, anytime. Its battery status is visible, with four settings of timing function. There are 4 air flow speeds too, which are high, mid, low and mild. Depending on your choice, the fan is able to run from between 2 and 10 hours once its battery is fully charged. There are many ways to charge its battery, including use of a car charger, connecting its USB charging cable, 5V solar charger among other ways.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Its size is perfect for anyone looking for an easy to handle portable fan
- Provides many ways of changing, therefore it is hard to run out of charge
- Its rechargeable batteries are not removable, therefore cannot be replaced even after they lose power after some time.
4. ClipGrip Powerful Rechargeable Battery Operated Clip On Fan
This is the kind of fan to bring anywhere you want for the best cooling effect. It is easy to carry, and use. You only remove it from its case, then clip it in any surface directly for instance your desktop, stroller or anywhere when you go camping. It is able to keep the user cool for a long time. With a full battery, you can enjoy the chill for more than 4 hours. It comes with a USB connection which can be used to charge its batteries.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- It is highly portable therefore it can be used just about anywhere
- It is made from a very light yet strong material of great quality, which gives the fan its durability.
- It needs to be charged after every 4 hours
5. O2- Cool Portable Fan, Can Use Batteries or Adapter
This is a great choice for anyone looking for a highly portable fan that can guarantee great performance and also comes in a great design. It can be used just about anywhere, from office, on a desktop, or even at a barbecue. It comes in a compact design, which makes it easy to carry. Also it has an internal battery pack that is able to last for a long time.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- The fan has a longer battery life
- It is small but very powerful
- It comes with an AC adapter
- It does not have a function to adjust its speed
6. BLUBOON Rechargeable Battery Clip On Fan, Quietness, Adjustable (Black)
This one is powered by a rechargeable battery and comes with a USB cable for recharging. On a full battery, it can last the user up to 2, 4 and 6 hours depending on the speed of their choice. It easily and securely clips on any surface. It is adjustable; and it can swivel at 360 degrees in order to allow the user to put the air where you need it. The fan is also portable, therefore can be used anywhere you need it.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- It comes in a very unique and attractive design. Its size is good too, with a very strong power
- It has great features and strength that shows just how durable it is
- The fan is a lightweight, and therefore highly portable.
- Doesn’t have a long battery life
7. Rasse Portable Mini USB Fan, 4 inch Desktop Fan
This is a great fan to use for outdoor activities and also for travel. You can also place it at your desktop when you are working. The fan is powerful by a rechargeable battery, which is included in its package. You can charge it using the USB cable that comes with it. After 6 hours of charging, you can use it for 2-7 hours depending on your preferred speed. There are 3 adjustable speeds, which are low, medium and high.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- It’s a very powerful mini fan
- You can adjust its speed with ease depending on how much coolness you want
- It needs constant charging for longer time use
8. OPOLAR F201 Rechargeable Portable Mini USB Fan
This is the kind of mini fan that gives you a very strong steady cool air. You are able to direct the air where you need it most. It comes with rechargeable batteries, which can be charged using the USB cable provided. The fan is highly portable, thanks to its small size. It’s a great fan for use in outdoor settings, for travel or for placing on desktop when one is working.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- You can adjust the speed from low, medium or high
- Comes with an upgraded rechargeable battery which can work up to 6 hours depending on your preferred speed
- It doesn’t have a long battery life
9. O2 Cool 10-Inch Portable Fan with AC Adapter
Enjoy the convenience of using a very powerful mini fan that comes with a built-in carry handle. The handle makes it easy for you to bring it whenever it is needed. It has two speeds which you can adjust with ease to what you prefer. Its compact design makes carrying and using it absolutely easy.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- The fan uses batteries; therefore, you can count on it even when there is no power
- It is a very easy to carry and store fan
- It comes with an AC adapter
- It only rests on its bottom
10. O2 Cool 10 Inch Rechargeable Energy Efficient Swivel Fan with USB
This is a very super efficient mini fan. It can be used for camping, dorm rooms, bunk rooms, Rving or even as alternatives when the power is out. It has wide blades for quick cooling. The fan has a swivel base to help you direct the air wherever it is needed the most. It uses a rechargeable battery and comes with an AC adapter.
Our Rating: (3.7 / 5)
- It is highly energy efficient. It will automatically select the lowest cost power action once you turn it on
- This fan comes with more than one means of charging, therefore it is easy to keep it charged in any situation
- It comes with a very convenient lift-up handle
- It has a very stable base
- It may disappoint anyone that prefers the fastest speed
Battery Operated Fans Buying Guide
Battery operated fans are great to have because they are more portable, flexible an also more versatile when compared to other types of fans out there. To ensure that you are buying the best, you will have to make a few considerations:
- The size: size is very important if you are buying a fan that you can take with you when the need arises. However, you have to consider the size alongside other factors like power and design. This is in order to ensure that you are making the best choice.
- Speed and power: it is always good to go for a fan with a range of speeds to choose from. This way, you can decide the intensity of air you want at any given time. The power is also good to consider. You need to ensure that you are enjoying the right amount of coolness every time you are using it.
- Battery life: this all depends on the type of fan and also the kind of battery your preferred fan is using. Ensure that you can count on the fan to keep you cool for a longer time before recharging.
Fans are priceless, especially if you live in a place that can be really hot especially during summer. Battery operated fans are even better because they can be relied upon even in the absence of power. From the review, OPOLAR F101B Rechargeable Handheld Mini USB Fan is a good choice. It is the kind of fan that gives you cool, steady and strong air whenever you need it.