Leather repair kits have been designed for use in the repair of faded, scratched or slightly torn pieces of leather. They can give your leather a new and appealing touch. It is quite unfortunate that these precious products have received a negative acceptance and poor stereotype because of the high number of non-effective products on the market. In almost all situations involving the use of leather repair kits, the product will either lack some of the best components necessary to do the job, or the user is the one who will lack the prerequisite skills of doing the repair with the results thus being less ideal. Lucky enough, there are a number of products that have been proven to be effective in doing the job. Below are some of the top 5 products on the market.
Reviews of The Top 5 Leather Repair Kits In 2020
1. LeatherPlus – Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit
It is not only a repair kit but also great for the restoration of leather. It offers great performances when used on the leather couch, leather boots, leather car seats, leather sofa, leather purse and the leather jackets. It’s fast drying heat-free performance makes it a great product to use on your projects.
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
- It comes with an east to follow “5-Step” procedure that produces quality results
- In the kit is 4 ounces of repair compound in each of the 7 bottles thus giving you value for your money.
- A quality DIY repair kit that enables you to repair and give your leather a cool touch and appearance
- Comes with a clear instruction guide, a step-by-step video as well as an online color mixing tool thus making the work much easier
- Versatile enough as it can be used on vinyl, car seats, shoes, furniture, belts, luggage, and jackets etc
- May not be the best for high wear areas.
2. Leather Legacy Leather Repair Kit
This is yet another reputable kit when it comes to the repair of vinyl and damaged leather. It is a master in the repair of holes, burns, cuts and scratches one that leather that you really don’t want to replace. The kit is so versatile as far as color is concerned as it can repair all the vinyl and leather of any color. If you are looking for something to restore the beauty and value of your leather, then this is the product.
Our Rating: (3.7 / 5)
- It is versatile, being able to handle all the black, grey, white or even brown leather & vinyl fabrics
- It’s a good solution to use in stopping the damage on the leather from spreading
- Comes with a video guide hence you won’t complain that you didn’t know how to use it. Also, features a Quick Start Guide with step by step easy to follow instructions with pictures
- It restores the color of your leather
- Its color is matte thus doesn’t perfectly blend with shiny leather
3. LeatherNu Complete Leather Color Restoration & Repair Kit
This product has been popular among the leather repair professionals and is today available for the DIY enthusiasts. The leather repair kit is popular for its genuine leather dye that helps in the recolor or even touching up a faded or worn spot on a leather product.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- Versatile leather repairs with impressive performances on shoes, couches, apparel, sofas, jackets as well as car seats etc
- Worn spots can be touched up or re-dyed to improve the product quality
- Seven colors for intermixing to achieve a perfect blend for any of your leather products
- Powerful enough to restore a physically damaged leather such as those that have holes, tear, puncture, rip, burn or cut
- Though it works, the results won’t be similar to those of a new leather
4. 2-in-1 (Premixed) Professional Leather Repair Doctor
The product will be able to match any leather color. It is fast drying, with no heat required to complete the curing process. This leather repair kit works well with almost all the leather kits you may be having at your disposal. At last, here is an all-in-one product that offers premium bonding.
Our Rating: (3.6 / 5)
- It makes your damaged leather goods to look good again and have a superior value
- Dries fast with no heat required for treatment
- Nontoxic water-based product having no smell and instantly bonds, resulting in a durable leather repaired product
- Quickly repairs burns, tears, rips, holes, and cuts and is also popular for its easy touch-up on all vinyl and leather surfaces.
5. Invisible Liquid Leather Repair
The product can be used in the repair of jackets, sofas, luggage, auto seats, clothing, chairs, boots, wallets, belts and purses etc. The kit comes with seven color solutions that can be used in the repair of almost all the leather colors available. Also in the kit are found a mixing cup, instructions, a spatula, and an applicator.
Our Rating: (3.5 / 5)
- No heat repair process thus realization of perfect repairs
- Perfect professional repair for faded, worn or the discolored leather products
- Provision of grain and color in the affected/damaged areas
- Multipurpose use with applications in office, auto, RV, home, boats, furniture and much more
If you own any leather gadget or furniture such as wallets, car leather seats, home leather seats, office leather seats, a leather jacket a leather wallet etc, there may come a time when you will need to have a leather repair kit. To ensure that you don’t end up stereotypic, ensure that first, you understand your material that requires repair, avoid any product that requires you to use heat, acetates and lastly, choose that kit that assures you quality of color. On our list, there is none that meets these qualities better than the Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit by LeatherPlus.