Through the years, humidifiers have played a significant role in our families health and well-being within our homes. At this age of pollution and technology, even the comfort of our own homes does not guarantee that our family gets the right levels of air humidity that will keep them from unpleasant health conditions. It is vital to invest in the best cool mist humidifier that will balance the moisture to alleviate skin and breathing risks among many others.
- 1 Cool mist humidifier comparison
- 2 Top 3 Best Cool Mist Humidifier Reviews
- 3 Why we should get cool mist humidifiers
- 4 What exactly are they?
- 5 What specific health aids to our family do they bring?
- 6 Why do we need to get the best cool mist humidifiers?
- 7 What do I need to consider?
- 8 Performance specifications
- 9 Value-added features to look out for
- 10 Other picking guide tips
- 11 How do I take care for and maintain my cool mist humidifier?
Cool mist humidifier comparison[go_pricing id=”table_1″]
Generally, humidifiers are either warm or cool mist. Warm mist humidifiers function by producing steam from heated water to increase humidity levels. While, cool mist humidifiers work by dispersing room temperature particles of water into the air. Water combined with air results in moisture that makes breathing easier, hence, helping prevent or heal colds and coughs. Proper moisture levels in the air also aids in preventing skin and/or lip dryness.
As to which type you should acquire for your home has been long answered and agreed upon by medical experts and researchers.
Top 3 Best Cool Mist Humidifier Reviews
1. AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier Review
The white Essick Air MA1201 Whole-House Humidifier is an ideal product for families because it is safe to use even in homes that have small children. Since it is a whole-house appliance, families living in large houses have the advantage of acquiring only one, unlike in other types that demand more than one humidifier. It is also particularly suitable for households that keep pets whose dander causes allergies and constant sneezing. People who suffer from recurrent flu or allergies are advised to get this Essick Air Humidifier because it helps to resolve the illnesses by providing the appropriate humidity that reduces itchiness and irritation of the nose, eyes, and mouth.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
This white Essick Humidifier weighs 13.5 pounds only which makes it easy to carry. The most amazing aspect of the humidifier is that is has a coverage of 3,000 square feet which makes it the best choice for very large rooms.
Since it uses the evaporation technology, it comes with a water tank that can produce up to 12 gallons of water and has the ability to raise the humidity levels in a room to 43%. I
ts digital display is very useful in letting the user know the level of humidity that is achieved at a given time. The water tank is also detachable so water refill is made very easy for the user.
The super wick in the appliance is reliable and traps particles of dust in addition to moisturizing the air. The humidifier is able to run nonstop for 24 hours so it requires minimal attention.
It comes with adjustable speeds so that the user can set the humidification rate as deemed fit. Night settings allow for undisturbed sleep due to minimal noise production.
- It is extremely easy to operate and very safe to use in houses that have small children. Once it is placed at a specific part of the house, it stays intact because it has a base made of non-slip material.
- It is considerably light in weight hence very portable. It can be moved from one point of the house to another without much strain.
- It comes with multi-speed settings that allow the user to set the rate of humidification that is appropriate for them. One does not have to tolerate being a room with too much moisture.
- It comes with a water tank that can hold 3.9gallons of water so the user does not have to keep on refilling every now and then.
- Unlike other humidifiers, this one does not produce a fine white dust and the plastic casing guards the user from being shocked by electricity when adjusting the speeds.
- It produces a considerable amount of noise during the day. The electric fan can be heard as the speed increases. The night time settings reduce the noise level a bit though.
- The plastic used on the outer casing requires gentle handling because it is not very strong.
- Upon extended use, the humidifier tends to release a wind of cold air which is uncomfortable.
2. Rowenta HU5120 Intense Aqua Control Whole Room Mist Humidifier Review
Has anyone complained that you are snoring so much at night of late? Or has it caught your attention that your once beautifully soft skin is feeling drier and your lips cracking or maybe you got a cold?
Well, running to the furnace will only worsen the condition. If you have not realized it, the outside is getting colder and the winter air is getting drier and this reduces the amount of moisture in the air wrecking havoc to your respiratory system and in no time you might find your furniture drying up and cracking too and what you need right now is a good humidifier.
And the Rowenta Intense Aqua Ultrasonic Humidifier is the perfect equipment for the job. Otherwise low levels of humidity not only brings about the fore mentioned discomforts, but also fosters viruses and bacteria. But the good news is that Rowenta HU5120 Ultrasonic humidifier can fix that.
Our Rating: (3.3 / 5)
Rowenta Intense Aqua humidifier helps maintain an optimal humidity level, promoting a healthier living environment for your family. To achieve this the humidifier utilizes a unique ultrasonic humidifying technology to create micro-fine cool droplets of water.
The market is flooded with a variety of humidifiers but this is the only one that features a unique mode termed baby mode with 50% of humidity, meaning you can leave it without a worry that your child might be affected by unsuitable amounts of humidity.
This smart humidifier also comes with other two auto and night programs that ensure a perfect environment in every room. Rowenta Intense Aqua has long lasting 2 gallon mist output per day for 24hrs and its hygienic levels cannot be doubted, thanks to its 95˚F warm mist setting that ensures a bacteria free mist.
In addition, the humidifier has a customizable output control on its digital panel that will enable you personalize the amount of moisture in your room. Otherwise the smart Rowenta Intense Aqua has the ability to detect the amount of humidity in the air and automatically provide the right amount of moisture into the air to create a suitable environment in your room.
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 9.8 x 16 inches and weighs 7.2 pounds
- Functions on three modes: baby mode, night mode and mode
- Inbuilt Auto hygrometer
- Has a warm mist function
- 40dB whisper-quiet operation
- 360 steam diffusion
- Automatically detects ambient humidity and adjusts its moisture output accordingly
- It operates quietly
- Its square tank is easy to fill
- The warm mist mode is antimicrobial promoting good health
- It has an empty-tank indicator to warn you when running out of water
- Releases light vapor that easily disperses around your room- no dripping
- Designed with an ability to switch off the backlight if you do not like light in your bedroom
- No anti-microbial in the cool mist mode
- Its tank does not last as long as that for the Pure Guardian H4600 Ultrasonic Digital humidifier
3. BONECO/Air-O-Swiss Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier 7147 Review
The AOS 7147 humidifier is a nice, clean looking and feature stuffed device that uses high-frequency ultrasonic vibrations to produce micro-fine mist that evaporates the moment it is blown into the room.
You have the option to choose the pre-heating functionality that enables the appliance to oust mist at a comfortable temperature of 104oF.
As conditions change, the ITC technology (Intelligent Temperature Compensation) that monitors the temperature automatically adjusts the output to the desired level. The product comes with a replaceable demineralization cartridge that makes the mist free from lime or other minerals; so no more white marks around the humidifier with this product. The Hydro Cell included in the humidifier ensures constant freshness for your humidifier.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
This product is ideal for those persons who:
- Want options for both warm and cool mist.
- Require to heal from dry skin conditions.
- Want to humidify rooms up to 600 sq. ft. area.
- Want an easy-to-handle and ultra-quiet humidifier.
- Voltage – 120 V / 60 Hz
- Power consumption – 40 W (125 W*)
- Output – 3.5 gallons per 24 hours.
- Humidification Area – Up to 600 sq. ft.
- Dimensions (L x W x H) – 9.5 x 10.3 x 12.2 inches
- Weight (when empty) – 6.6 pounds (3 kg)
- Operational noise level < 25 dB (A)
- Accessories – Comes with Demineralization Cartridge and Hydro Cell
- When used with pre-heating to 80oC (176oF)
AOS 7147 ultrasonic humidifier is an amazing product that features the state-of-the-art design with surface touch controls.
- It is extremely energy efficient and operates quietly and smoothly. The hygrostat and mist output regulator enables controlled humidification of your room.
- The Hydro Cell with activated carbon technology reduces impurities and heavy metals that are present in tap water. It also works as a deodorant by reducing odor causing chemicals.
- The demineralization cartridge reduces the presence of lime and other residual minerals in the mist water. Thus, no more lime scale deposits around the humidifier anymore. The plastic casing of the cartridge is treated with silver ion technology for inhibiting microbial growth and enhancing the filter’s life.
- The sleep mode option allows the unit to pre-determine a suitable humidity level at night.
- The transparent water tank makes the water level clearly visible; so you know when to refill and when to relax.
- The strong industrial quality titanium membrane surface ensures long lasting use and fast dispersal of mist into the surroundings.
- The timer function allows the unit to be pre-set for 1 to 8 hours of continuous operation.
- Indicators for cleaning and refilling the humidifier.
- The Hydro-Cell needs to be replaced after every one or two months, depending on the quality of tap water used in the humidifier. The demineralization cartridge should be replaced after every two to three months. If water is hard in your area, you may need to replace the demineralization cartridge more frequently.
- For more details, read the user manual carefully.
Why we should get cool mist humidifiers
Cool mist humidifiers are way better than warm mist humidifiers for many reasons. Among the reasons why are:
Safer and energy efficient
Warm mist humidifiers, as previously mentioned, heat water to produce steam. Hence, posing dangers to it spilling (and worse, hurting a child or any family member). And since it takes more effort (boiling) to work, warm mist humidifiers generally consume more electricity than their counterparts.
Easier to maintain
Since mineral deposits are greatly present in warmer rather than cool conditions, cleaning warm mist humidifiers should be done more often as compared to cool mist humidifiers. Dirty humidifiers can contribute to mold and bacteria formation.
The heat inside warm mist humidifiers make it difficult to transfer from one room to another. While cool mist humidifiers can be moved in a breeze with its room temperature level.
Cover larger areas and function better in terms of health benefits
Warm air disperses slower and in small areas. While cool mist spreads faster and is easier to inhale, making cold and flu alleviating benefits greater than in traditional, warm mist humidifiers.
What exactly are they?
They are a innovative product of home humidifying systems. They work simpler than warm mist humidifiers while also posing greater benefits of saving money, your family safety, and maintaining good health.
Contrary to warm mist humidifiers, they do not need to boil/heat water to add moisture in the air. All it simply requires is distilled or tap water that it converts into vapor that is distributed into the airways of the room/area you place it in. Not having to heat water to work makes a cool mist humidifier safer and cheaper (in terms of electricity consumption) to run. It is, thus, kid-friendlier and possessive of long-term benefits, making it the practical choice for wise homemakers.
Finally, they have been modernized to include features that consider style, easier maintenance, and better performance. Such features include LCD displays, humidistats, antimicrobial filters, control systems, lighting, and etc.
What specific health aids to our family do they bring?
- Cold, flu, and sinus issues the best humidifiers expel a fine mist that makes air oxygen-rich, moisturized, and easier to inhale.
- Unwanted allergens and bacteria humid air is purified air. Clean and properly moisturized air levels decrease the chances of bacteria build up within your home corners (i.e. molds) and/or furniture (i.e. dust). Cleaner surroundings keep you and your family farther from the risks of allergy such as rashes, skin and lip chapping, sinusitis, and asthma attacks.
- Extreme Seasons too much cold in the winter dries air up, clogging nasal passages and flaking both our skins and lips. It is important to maintain a good humidifier during the winter to eliminate such possibilities.
Why do we need to get the best cool mist humidifiers?
Here’s the part of this guide that aims to clear common misconceptions many of us have about humidifiers. Although it is already a given fact that they are generally better choices than its warm mist humidifier counterpart, it is not emphasized to many of us how important it is to pick the right product.
You may be thinking, Hey, whatever, I have a cool rather than warm mist humidifier the cheapest I can get. This is all that my family needs. If so, then you are wrong. Also, believing that the most expensive product makes the best choice is another mistake. Value in terms of purchasing the right kind of model for your home and family requires taking the time to gain proper understanding of the technical specifications we often set aside and miss out.
They are an investment for your family’s health and comfort. The keyword is family-you want the best. Hence, We’ve gathered what you need to know to help you decide on the type of humidifier to suit you.
What do I need to consider?
To be basically classified as a good one, a cool mist humidifier should be capable of dispersing moisture impressively fast-resulting in purified, germ-free air that is the beginning of the previously mentioned benefits humidifiers bring about.
A cool mist humidifier is either ultrasonic or evaporative. The difference the two types have lies in the way each works to humidify the air. An ultrasonic model uses vibration that works with a disk soaked in water to produce mist. While an evaporative model runs with a fan that blows air into a filter or a wick, absorbing water from the humidifiers reservoir.
In order to gauge whether a humidifier will perform well for your needs, you need to consider the units tank size, water output, humidification area, and added germ fighting technology.
You need to take your room/homes square foot measurement into serious consideration. And, not just that-it is important to take note of how high your ceilings are, the number of windows, and etc. in order to find the most effective humidifier for you.
Oftentimes, the newest humidifiers feature germ-fighting advances such as UV light, germ-killing silver, antimicrobial plastics, and etc. It is important to consider a unit that offers such feature to make the most of your humidifier.
Value-added features to look out for
Some of the most impressive additions to modern, well-crafted models of humidifiers are:
- Auto Shut Off Feature the better humidifiers are intelligently designed to shut off once the reservoir runs out of water. Admit it, its not all the time our busy lives keep us reminded and on track of everything. An auto shut off feature makes sure your humidifier stays in good condition and doesn’t waste energy when you forget to refill its tank.
- Built-in Humidistat it is always the right levels of humidity that we need indoors to make sure were kept healthy. Too much and too little humidity poses its own disadvantages. Awesome humidifiers often include a built-in humidistat that measures humidity levels and adjusts according to the areas needs.
- Mineral Filter this feature in some humidifiers makes sure that a cartridge or filter helps remove minerals from the water before it transforms into mist.
- Timer Digital Display a timer helps you set how long you want your humidifier working; while, digital display makes your humidifier not only easier to read in the dark, but also sleek and modern-looking.
- Warm Mist Option since many of us still fancy the idea of warm mist in our humidifiers (esp. during the winter), you may want to consider the option of owning a humidifier that can be set to produce warm steam whenever you want.
Other picking guide tips
Apart from a performance that is top-notch and features that are fancy, there are still more factors to look for while you decide whether a certain humidifier is a win-win purchase for you. Take note of the following important, often forgotten or set aside, points to consider:
How is it designed?
This tells you if a humidifier is the right weight, size, and look you want. Some humidifier designs feature transparent tanks for visible reservoirs and handles for portability.
Is its manufacturer reputable and reliable?
Certain humidifiers may be well performing, beautifully designed, and intelligently crafted, but not from a service-oriented manufacturer. As with most of our purchases, customer care and support are also an important consideration we often neglect. Give more thought to products that come with longer warranty spans, telephone, and email support services.
What are other people saying about it?
Reviews and testimonials of products are sometimes the online version of the word-of-mouth. Who knows better than the end-user, after all? However, it is important to be sure that the reviews you are taking into consideration are not fake-genuine and from a real users perspective. Real reviews arent too technical and exaggerated. Oftentimes, so much hate and so much praise are the obvious signs of fake reviews.
How do I take care for and maintain my cool mist humidifier?
First of all, a dirty humidifier can make you and your family sick rather than better. Dirt in the unit obviously makes it produce and attract germs and bacteria, turning your humidifier into a senseless, hazardous purchase.
Upon having decided as to which of the many available products in the market to purchase, it is important to know and practice proper care and maintenance of your unit. Although each unit usually includes its use and care guide, here are some general points to keep in mind:
- Change the water regularly/everyday-as often as possible. This prevents film and molds into developing. Think: cleaner water, cleaner mist. Makes perfect sense, doesn’t it?
- Clean the unit every three days. This may vary depending on the model and make you purchase. Three days is just the suggestion and ideal wait time to maintain your unit properly.
- Make sure the tank is well rinsed after cleaning. This ensures that soap or other chemicals do not mix in with the water that gets vaporized and dispersed.
- Invest in distilled water. Distilled is better and cleaner than tap water. Make the most of it by opting for distilled or demineralized water instead.
- Keep in a clean, dry area/space. It isnt just your humidifiers sole responsibility to filter your indoor air and keep your health conditions in check. You should, in turn, make certain that your humidifier is in a well-kept place.
- Store and keep according to user manual/directions. Do not guess how it is best to store your humidifier, especially if you do not plan to use it regularly or often. Improper storage of your humidifier may cause serious consequences on how it functions or, worse, it may just stop working.
- Keep your humidifiers filters in check. Filters don’t last forever. Be sure to check with your manufacturer or user manual as to when filters should be changed in your unit and abide. Your humidifiers functions wont be the same if its filters are worn out/no longer in good shape.
- Consider a change in the unit over a period of time. It may have been top of the line when you purchased it, however, as like many of our purchases and equipment at home, time will come when it needs to be replaced with a newer, more modern unit. Not soon, but a day will come when dirt and other build-up will be impossible to remove from the humidifier. When that happens, never think twice as to whether you should continue using the product.
There you have it-everything you ought to know about the best cool mist humidifiers in an ultimate guide we put together for you. Do you have suggestions and more tips on humidifiers: buying, usage or care? We would appreciate your feedback.
Alternatively, our team of experts will also be more than happy to answer any queries you may have on humidifier units. Contact us today for consultations and/or further information.