When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Looking for the best deep fryer, but are not sure what exactly it is you need? Don’t worry any more! Read through this page to learn everything you need to know.
- 1 Top 3 Our Pick for Best Deep Fryer 2020 Reviews
- 2 Top 5 Best Deep Fryer Reviews
- 2.1 1. Presto 05411 GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer
- 2.2 2. Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
- 2.3 3. Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact 1.1-Liter Deep Fryer, Brushed Stainless Steel
- 2.4 4. T-fal FR7008 Ultimate EZ Clean 3.3-Liter Stainless Steel Immersion Deep Fryer, 2.65-Pound, Silver
- 2.5 5. Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Deep Fryer
- 3 What are Deep Fryers?
- 4 Deep Fryer Specifications
- 4.1 Stainless Steel Body
- 4.2 Charcoal Air Filter
- 4.3 Removable Frying Pot
- 4.4 3-cup or More Capacity
- 4.5 Electronic Temperature Controls and Display
- 4.6 1500 – 1800 Watts
- 4.7 A Locking Cover with a Large Viewing Window
- 4.8 Costs Between $50 and $300
- 4.9 Digital Timer
- 4.10 Immersed Heating Element and Adjustable Thermostat
- 4.11 1-Year Warranty
- 4.12 Inner Rotating Basket
- 4.13 Dishwasher-Friendly
- 4.14 Useful Additional Components
- 5 Why do We Need to Get the Best Deep Fryer?
Top 3 Our Pick for Best Deep Fryer 2020 Reviews
Top 5 Best Deep Fryer Reviews
1. Presto 05411 GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer
In modern times that people demand simpler solutions, The Presto GranPappy is a great option for many users. Manufactured by Presto, delicious deep fried foods are made by fast and easy uses of fryer.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
It fits on a countertop and is so easy to use. The GranPappy holds up to six cups of oil or three pounds of shortening, and it can accommodate up to six servings of food at a time. The internal thermostat keeps the oil at the optimum frying temperature. An accompanying scoop, slotted for draining, is for lifting food in and out or for turning food halfway through the cooking time. The power cord has a magnetic safety connection, so that if the unit is jostled during cooking, the cord will disconnect, shutting power off immediately. After straining the used oil, it can be poured back into the unit and stored, covered by the accompanying snap-on plastic lid.
After frying, unplug the unit and allow it to cool completely before attempting to empty oil. Wash the GranPappy with warm, sudsy water and dry it thoroughly; it is not immersible. To preserve the nonstick finish, inside and out, do not use steel wool or harsh, abrasive cleansers. The Presto GranPappy measures 8 by 8-1/2 inches.
- Basic black bucket-style countertop electric deep fryer.
- Heavy-duty cast aluminum with nonstick finish; skid-resistant rubber feet.
- Uses just 6 cups of oil and maintains perfect frying temperature automatically.
- 1500 Watts; keeps oil at optimum temperature automatically. 120 volts, 60 Hz only.
- Comes with slotted scoop, snap-on storage lid and magnetic safety cord.
- Some detail information: Product Dimensions – 10.8 x 10 x 9.1 inches, Item Weight – 4.6 pounds.
- The newer versions have a magnetic connection which should not wear out – a great improvement.
- Storage is easy, let it cool down 100% to room temp, clean out all the debris in the oil, then put on the tight plastic lid and store it until next time.
- Guarantees with a one-year limited warranty.
- Its sleek, black bucket shape matches form to function – simple and classic.
- This Fryer is very easy to handle and cleans up.
- It heats up to the right temperature and quickly.
- It maintained the correct temperature to fry it all in manageable pieces, cook quickly enough and come out really good.
- It gets to temperature and stays at temperature without any adjusting or fusing.
- It is as simple, reliable and functional as it gets.
- You have to be careful because the outside is not insulated and you can’t touch it until is has time to cool down.
- It must be monitored if you have children or crazy pets. A spill would be bad.
- This is absolutely too hot to effectively fry anything.
- This device is not good for frying chicken or thick cut fries. Skin is burned before meat is done.
2. Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
There are many brands and many types of deep fryer available on the market today, and we know it’s hard to choose through the incredible amount of information to get the one you really want. When it comes to food, few people can resist the hot, crispy finish that only a good deep fryer can provide. This fryer is perfect for small family cooking.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Professional-style deep fryer with dual baskets.
- Big 12-cup food capacity for frying family-size quantities in a hurry.
- Oblong-shaped baskets are ideal for large pieces of chicken or fish.
- 1800-watt immersion element provides quick preheating and fast oil temperature recovery.
- Signal light lets you know when the oil is ready for frying.
- Covers with charcoal air filter helps reduce spattering and odor.
- Heating element and enameled pot are removable for easy cleaning.
- The maximum amount of oil for this fryer is 5 quarts and the minimum amount is 3½ quarts.
- Has an analog temperature controller.
- One year limited warranty.
- Offers great restaurant taste in a convenient at-home size.
- Adjustable thermostat for easy selection of a variety of frying temperatures.
- Lots of nice touches, like a quick-release, magnetic power cord.
- Works very well and doesn’t drop temperature drastically – maintains the temperature well.
- Easy to clean without leaving a filmy, greasy residue.
- Has a large oil capacity and a powerful heating element; recovers temperature quickly upon adding ingredients.
- Could easily go down to your favorite fast food place and be done with this mess quickly and conveniently.
- Have to set up the constant monitoring of basically hazardous condition when you use it.
- Be careful with the plastic on the lid – It doesn’t touch the side or the lid would melt.
- The external metal case is so thin and flimsy that lifting it up causes bent.
- The handles are so flimsy that a 12-years-old could squeeze and break them.
3. Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact 1.1-Liter Deep Fryer, Brushed Stainless Steel
Cuisinart presents a deep fryer that takes up less counter space. Manufactured in China by Cuisinart, it is designed to fry batches up to 3/4 of a pound in just 1.1 litter of oil. Easy to use, easy to clean, and simple to store, it could make deep frying an everyday event and this is great deep fryer even for spur-of-the-moment snacks and meals.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8 x 7.5 inches, Item Weight: 5.8 pounds.
- Fry basket holds up to 3/4 pound.
- Fast heat-up and frying.
- Nonstick die-cast bowl with attached heating element for superior heating.
- Maximum oil capacity is 1.1 liter.
- Fry basket holds up to 3/4 pound.
- Maximum oil capacity 1.1 liter, Fast heat-up and frying.
- Nonstick die-cast bowl with attached heating element for superior heating, 1000 Watts.
- Brushed stainless steel housing.
- There is also a little window in the lid which is nice to see how the browning is coming along without opening the unit.
- Magnetic cord as a safety feature.
- Temperatures up to 375F and a die-cast frying bowl maintain selected oil temperatures for restaurant-quality results. With the temperature dial set to 350, the green ready light turns on at 280. The temperature continues to rise to a maximum of 305. With the temperature dial set to 375, the oil will eventually reach 350, but no higher.
- Limited 3-years warranty.
- The compact design allows creative cooks to prepare fried calamari to top a salad, and moms to fry up mozzarella sticks for kids.
- This deep fryer is easy to use and simple to store.
- It is easy to clean. You just let it cool, filter the oil through a cheese cloth and refrigerate for later use, fill it with water and 1/4 cup baking soda. Let it boil 10 minutes, cool, dump, rinse, wipe.
- It only uses a small amount of oil.
- It ensures the oil has recovered to optimum frying temp.
- Food are cooked evenly and quickly by using this deep fryer.
- Good for frying small batches of food for one or two people.
- The carbon filter in the lid controls the “deep fry” smell very well.
- Short magnetic cord.
- The cooking temperate drops significantly when food products are submerged in the oil and does not recover quickly.
- The food tends to stick together while frying, and gets saturated with oil.
- If you want to fry wings and crispy french fries quickly to limit the time the food is in the oil – this is not the fryer for you.
- When frying anything, the hot oil is extremely dangerous to deal with.
4. T-fal FR7008 Ultimate EZ Clean 3.3-Liter Stainless Steel Immersion Deep Fryer, 2.65-Pound, Silver
Prepare all your fried favorites for the entire family with the T-fal FR7008 Ultimate EZ Clean Deep Fryer. This T-fal deep fryer features a unique oil filtration system which automatically drains and filters oil for future use. The oil is stored in a separate, sealed plastic container for easy storage until the next use. Not only does it make the cooking oil last longer, but it makes it super easy to keep this fryer clean.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
EZ Clean Deep Fryer has an Advanced Oil Temperature Heating System which provides the ideal frying temperature to help seal the food’s exterior for minimal oil absorption and healthier fried foods. Manufacturers believe that this deep fryer help family members enjoy delicious food together.
- Family capacity: 2.65 lbs of food / 3.3L of oil; 2-position basket for cooking and draining food; external basket handle.
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 13 x 16 inches, Item Weight: 12.6 pounds
- Immersed heating element for professional results.
- Adjustable thermostat to select the perfect frying temperature; temperature-ready light to let you know when the oil reaches the correct frying temperature.
- Patented oil filtration system with automatic oil drainage system automatically drains and filters good oil into integrated oil container for future use.
- Permanent odor filter in lid for reduced cooking odors.
- Handles incorporated into the housing for easy transportation and storage.
- Dishwasher safe removable parts (except for electrical heating element).
- The powerful 1,700-watt heating element quickly rebounds to the selected oil temperature for crispy fried foods.
- The T-fal Utimate EZ Clean Deep Fryer has a nice family capacity and the optimal relationship between oil capacity (3.3L) and food capacity (2.65 lbs.).
- There is a fixed fine mesh strainer at the bottom of the metal reservoir of the fryer, which is easy to clean with a soft vegetable or bottle brush, or you can just put everything except for the heating unit in the dishwasher.
- Warranty: 1 year.
- The T-fal Utimate EZ Clean Deep Fryer provides the ideal frying temperature to help seal the food’s exterior for minimal oil absorption and healthier fried foods.
- The oil container is great.
- The oil heats very quickly and evenly.
- The T-fal Utimate EZ Clean Deep Fryer has a nice family capacity and the optimal relationship between oil capacity (3.3L) and food capacity (2.65 lbs.) which keeps oil absorption to a minimum for healthier fried foods.
- It strains the oil, so it is not wasted every time you want to fry something.
- The quick connect safety plug is nice as it is magnetic and comes off quickly if it is needed.
- Although the controls are more user-friendly on the T-fal, it has no timer.
- This deep fryer emerges leaking if it isn’t sitting perfectly level.
- A mess and difficulty people have to face when cleaning up.
5. Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Deep Fryer
Manufactured by Hamilton Beach, this product cooks evenly, heats up quickly and cooks really well than cooking your frying foods in a regular skillet. Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Deep Fryer is a smart and great selection for all your Kitchen needs. Customers can easily adjust Thermostat and Timer when they choose this appliance.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 17.8 x 11.8 inches, Item Weight: 7 pounds, Oil Capacity: 12 Cups, Color: Stainless Steel.
- Process: The heating element needs to be submerged in the unit. Fill it to capacity with oil. Set the temp. Wait for the unit to sound off to let you know that the oil has reached the desired temp. Load whatever you are cooking into the basket and lower. Cover with the lid. Remove after the desired cooking time has been reached. Scoop out any random pieces of food that may have fallen through the basket. Repeat the process until everything has been fried and then drained. When the oil has cooled, either dump or drain for future use.
- Warranty: 1 year.
- Using the top does not appear to create so much condensation that renders the food soggy or unevenly cooked.
- The heat element appears to be accurate and reaches the desired temperature quickly.
- The fryer has a cute little window that eliminates guessing.
- It is very easy to use and everything is automatic.
- This appliance is safer than cooking on a stove top with a dutch oven and thermometer.
- The removable oil pan makes clean up easily.
- It cooks evenly, heats up quickly and cooks really well.
- Clean-up is a cumbersome process. There are a lot of parts that are not submersible and hard to clean.
- The long and narrow body may not be convenient when cooking some foods.
- The interior is black and it is difficult to retrieve particles of food from oil.
- The magnetic appliance cord had such a weak magnet that it was nearly impossible to keep it plugged in.
What are Deep Fryers?
By definition, a deep fryer is a piece of kitchen equipment used for deep frying different types of food. Deep frying involves dipping food into hot oil, and since hot oil can be intrinsically harmful to any cook, these appliances are the most suitable and recommended kitchen appliances. They maintain your safety while using hot oil, as they will seal all the oil inside them and avoid the risk of getting the smallest drop of water in the oil, which can be disastrous because of the rapid reaction that water and hot oil has.
They are usually made of a big tank, where the liquid or fatty oil is poured into. A basket is usually attached, and it can be safely submerged into the tank with hot oil after the oil has reached the desirable temperature. Vegetable or corn oils are the most preferred oil choices when it comes to deep fryers, and even olive oil can be used, although it is quite costly to use due to the large amount of the oil needed to do the job. Depending on the amount of cash you are willing to spend, you can choose the most suitable one for you.
There exist two basic types of these kitchen appliances: commercial and home models. Home models are used in homes to prepare fried foods like fries, while commercial models are commonly used I fast food restaurants to prepare foods like French Fries among others. The main advantage of using these kitchen appliances to prepare foods is that the oil can be reused several times, every so often as many as 10 or 15 times without the need to waste oil after cooking. With these appliances, you will not have to buy new cooking oil whenever you fry foods.
You need to know how to use the appliances you own. Some of these come with additional instruction manuals and even recipes, which will guide you on how to prepare some mouth-watering delicacies. On the other hand, some will not come with additional aids, therefore you need to be well versed with how to use them on your own.
Everyone deserves and desires good health, and as such we need to take good care of it. Many people have claimed that these appliance cook unhealthy foods, something that is very false. This is because they have the capability of cooking low-fat foods, and make them crisp as well to provide you with healthy and foods that will leave you wanting more and more.
Deep Fryer Specifications
There are many features and specifications available in many deep fryers. It is thus recommended to understand how they work so that you can be able to handle them efficiently. These specifications are:
Stainless Steel Body
Because stainless steel is known to be durable and long lasting, it is used in making their making to make them strong. In addition to adding up their life, it makes the stainless and this will ease the cleaning process as dirt will not accumulate on the surface easily.
Charcoal Air Filter
This is a very important specification as it is present to filter frying odors. Foods like French Fries and chicken will leave your kitchen with a disturbing odor, and this feature will help avert this as the odor will be kept at bay. Others will not have this feature, and a regular filter can do the job just fine.
Removable Frying Pot
This is the area where the food is placed. The best deep frying kitchen appliance should have this vital feature, as without it no frying can be made possible. The frying pot should be easy to remove and put back in place. This is to cater and provide quick and easy cleaning and maintenance.
3-cup or More Capacity
The size of the appliance is not the most crucial factor to look out for, but instead the size of the basket is the most important piece to look out for. For those who prepare little amounts of food, say for two or three, a 3-cup oil capacity basket size will be enough and most suitable. On the other hand, those who prepare relatively large amounts of food should go for an 8-cup capacity, as it will serve them better and offer them better servings. It is very important to understand what you will be using the deep fryer for before making the purchase, as this will ensure that you get the maximum satisfaction from the kitchen appliance.
Electronic Temperature Controls and Display
High end models come with accurate thermostats that have the capability of regulating the temperature within 1 to 2 degrees, thus provide you with accurate temperature readings unlike the low end ones. The temperature control should be electronic, as this will save a lot of energy and they are computerized. These controllers have the capability of sensing the temperature level of the oil, and thereby regulating the temperature automatically without the need of having to control it yourself. The type of temperature display is equally important, digital and dial systems are available for you to choose from, but of course the digital display system is the easiest to work with.
1500 – 1800 Watts
Deep fryers are measured in watts, thus implying that the higher the wattage, the stronger it will be in terms of its heating features. Higher wattage like 1800 watts will also imply that it heats up the oil very fast, but the temperature will drop as fast too. It is recommended to select one that has the ability to heat up fast and retain the desired temperature as well, even after attaining it very quickly. Doing this will mean that the appliance is performing its total function to your maximum satisfaction, because it was made to serve you and only after you have been satisfied will it be considered a success due to their high performance level.
A Locking Cover with a Large Viewing Window
A locking cover is very important. This is because it is put in place to ensure your safety and safer frying. It is also used to prevent spattering of the hot oil and by using this, reduces the bad frying smell afterwards. The viewing window should be in place to help you monitor the deep frying process without the need of opening and closing the cover. These help to ensure convenience in the service provided.
Costs Between $50 and $300
These appliances vary in size and thus cost, from just over $50 to much higher than $300. Their costs are dependent on the kind of features they behold, and the more the features will imply more pricing. Top-of-the-line models with stylish rotary baskets will come for nothing less than $300 while the very basic bare-bone models will come from no more than $70. So if you are a home owner and in search for the best deep fryer, one that costs about $99 is the right one for you as it will come with the latest features and specifications to serve you best.
Your safety and security is of utmost importance, and as such any kitchen appliance, especially the electricity-powered ones should come with high quality safety mechanisms. The best deep fryer should have a Digital Timer, whose function is to stop frying once the preset time has elapsed. This will maintain and enhance your safety, and you can leave it frying and partake in another activity while your food deep fries.
Immersed Heating Element and Adjustable Thermostat
The heating element is used to allow the kitchen appliance to maintain the attained temperature or heat. Oil maintains heat and when the heat is over 375 degrees Fahrenheit, it starts burning food. Low temperatures are not a good feature, because the food absorbs the oil into it and thus oily high-fat meals that are unhealthy to the body. The best of these equipment should cook at between 325 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures to provide the most ideal cooking and healthy meals as well. The thermostat in the cooking appliance should be adjustable, because this will enable the user to select the best frying temperature for different types of food being prepared.
Just like any other appliance, a good warranty should be available with these kitchen appliances, some of which are electrically powered. This will guarantee you longer life with the appliance, to get rid of the possibility of having to buy a new one after a very short time of use. A good warranty will also protect the heating elements as well as the appliance in general, which avoids the cases of having burnt food. This 1-year Limited Warranty will also allow you to test for the functionality of the appliance, to ensure that even after its expiry it will remain functional and offer the same service as before.
Inner Rotating Basket
This is the latest innovation in this industry, and as a result only the best deep fryers will offer it. In this model, the basket actually rotates in the hot oil, as opposed to being stationary in it. This constant rotation will keep food crispy as it reduces the need for oil. You will also be left at ease as your food cooks, since you will not be needed to rotate the basket on your own because the rotating basket will do it for you.
The best of the best should be easy to clean, hence easier to maintain. A removable inner pan or oil vat should be dishwasher safe and easy to remove and return. The used oil should be easy to pour out into an outside container without any spillages. It should also allow you to clean it in the dishwasher. This will ease your cleaning process as compared to washing it with your bare hands, which can be very tedious. One that has all these features is truly the best deep fryer to have around you.
Useful Additional Components
The best kitchen appliance in this category should come with some additional components. They include a slotted scoop, a storage lid and a magnetic safety cord among others. They should be easy to use and even easier to learn their usage so as to assist the users make maximum use of these additional features.
In addition to all these, it is important to know that deep frying is a cooking art on its own, hence the materials used like the oil used to cook the different types of food can determine the outcome meal. It is not only the features that determine the quality of food prepared, but the oils used play a major role too.
After getting to know the desirable features of these appliances, one question comes to mind:
Why do We Need to Get the Best Deep Fryer?
It is true that good deep fryers will offer us many advantages, like fast and safer cooking of some foods.
These cookery are very fast and more efficient as compared to other normal pots and pans, which tend to slow things down. Their proper ventilation and advanced cooking technology make them very fast and efficient. As a result, your food will get cooked well and crispy in a short time period, thus enjoy your meals faster.
Environment-Friendly and Saves You Money
As compared to other cooking alternatives like pot cooking, they are very cheap and will help you save some money even after purchasing them. In addition, you can reuse the oil used in cooking and use it at a later time, thus no need to buy oil every time you plan to deep fry some food. There is no wastage with these kitchen appliances, which provide you a high quality service at the lowest costs.
Cooking Accuracy and Quality
These amazing kitchen appliances are very accurate, thanks to the automatic temperature setting that enables it to control itself depending on the type of food being prepared. Due to this setting and other remarkable settings and features, they produce food with the highest possible quality, and health too.
Easier Cleaning and Maintenance
Due to their ability to be unassembled and reassembled again, the best deep fryers are very easy to use, clean and maintain. The parts can be cleaned separately and in addition, they are dishwasher safe, meaning that they can be cleaned by the dishwasher. Parts can also be bought and replaced in cases of aging or erratic functioning, which makes them suitable for anyone.
Many Size Ranges
The overall size of the fryer will determine the serving sizes. Fryers are available in very many sizes, which determine the number of people who can be served by it. Larger ones can be used for commercial purposes, while the smaller sizes can be used for domestic purposes, like homes for smaller cooking jobs.
A good deep fryer is an indispensable appliance to have around you, be it at home or in your restaurant. Even for the healthy-conscious, it is the best equipment to provide the highest delicious low-fat delicacies. It is thus key to understand all about them before placing your order or purchasing one, because it is only after this will you be able to pick out the best deep fryer. After carefully reading the guide above, I believe you have all the insight about these must-have kitchen appliances. These appliances will you fast, quality and safe cooking, and at the same time maintain and enhance the health your family at large.