Tap water cannot be simply trusted as always safe to drink. Even it goes to a lot of cleaning processes the reservoir that stores water in your community may still be contaminated. Not only with a lot of potentially harmful bacteria and viruses but also traces of toxic substances that can harm us in many ways. That’s why we better be equipped with the best faucet water filter to render our tap water absolutely purified.
Having the best faucet water filter in your kitchen sink can bring a lot of advantages. The best ones could filter out heavy metals like arsenic, lead, mercury and even the smallest disease-causing organisms that can cause intestinal flu, typhoid and hepatitis.
However, although there are a lot of water filters today for kitchen use, each type has its advantages over the other. So choose wisely which one fits to your needs.
- 1 The Best Faucet Water Filter Buying Guide
- 2 Top 5 Best Faucet Water Filter 2020 Reviews
- 2.1 1. New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Water Filter System
- 2.2 2. Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter with Advanced Water Filtration
- 2.3 3. Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter with Advanced Water Filtration
- 2.4 4. PUR 3-Stage Advanced Faucet Water Filter, 7.7-Inch by 3.2-Inch, Chrome
- 2.5 5. DuPont WFFM350XCH Electric Metered 200-Gallon Deluxe Faucet Mount Premium Water Filtration Filter, Chrome
- 3 Conclusion
The Best Faucet Water Filter Buying Guide
- Know that there are different types of faucet water filters. There are the carafe-style pitchers, countertops, faucet-mounted filters, under-sink and the reverse osmosis water filters.
- Carafe water filter are pitcher-styled. By filling it with tap water, water passes thru its filtration system and goes out slowly. The best model can remove lead and chloroform.
- The countertops allows you to filter enough volume of water in shorter time. No need to modify your plumbing but are prone to clogging. It may also take some space in your kitchen sink.
- Faucet-mounted filters are easy to install. You can also adjust them from “filter” to “unfilter”. This means you can prolong the life of its filter whenever filtering is not needed.
- Under-sink water filters can filter large quantities of water. However, they can take a lot of space under your sink. You may also need to modify your plumbing in order to install them.
- Reverse osmosis water filters use water pressure to clean water. Best in removing various water contaminants and dissolved solids from tap water.
- Water contaminants may vary on every community or city in every state. Search for your city’s water ratings created by EWG (Environmental Working Group). This way you’ll know what pollutants or contaminants can be found in your city’s water system.
- Choose a water filter that is certified by ANSI (American National Standards Institute) accredited certification body. Examples are the NSF or WQA (Water Quality Association). These sites have database of the certified water filters that are on the market.
- Water filters need their filter replaced from time to time. Know how long the filter of the brand you want to buy can last and how much.
Find your best faucet water filter below among the best filters we’ve found.
Top 5 Best Faucet Water Filter 2020 Reviews
1. New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Water Filter System
This is the best faucet water filter among the filters that use reverse osmosis based on our analysis. It uses 10 stage reverse filtration system that can clean out major contaminants.
It passes the standards set by EPA. This translates to its capacity to eliminate chlorine, chloramine, heavy metals and even the smallest viruses and bacterial’ cysts.
Attaching this basic water filter is easy. You can also buy online its conversion kits if its adapters won’t fit into your faucet’s fittings. With a very compact head size, this won’t take a lot of space around your sink while its filtration system can be mounted under your sink.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Easy to install, attaches easily to most faucets.
- Water undergoes 10-stage process. These cleanse out chlorine, asbestos, cadmium and many disease-causing organisms.
- Can remove cancer-causing contaminants like pesticides, herbicides and PCBs.
- Filtered water passes EPA standards to below minimum levels for contaminants.
- With a durable filter that can filter out 1500 gallons of water before filter replacement is required.
- Ideal for use for family of four.
- Warranty: 30 days money-back guarantee and limited 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Magnesium, potassium and chloride may not be effectively filtered out according to some reviewers.
- Some customers advised to have the California version to meet California’s Proposition AB1953.
- Gathered complaints that salty water remained salty.
2. Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter with Advanced Water Filtration
If bad taste in your tap water is your problem, you will be glad to have this in your kitchen sink. With an advanced water filtration system, it can eliminate parasites from your water. It can also reduce lindane, lead and atrazine and can turn turbid water into crystal clear drinking water.
As a faucet mount water filter, this is quick to install. Adaptors are also included in its set and you can also find fittings in your local hardware stores.
Filters are efficient in producing up to 200 gallons of clean water or averagely last for 2 months on regular filtration. To save on filter, you can also switch it to regular tap water.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- Easy to install.
- Won’t take space in your countertop or kitchen.
- With advanced filtration system that can eliminate most contaminants on tap water.
- NSF certified.
- Includes FM-15RA filter and adapters to fit on standard sink nozzles.
- Switchable from filter to regular water.
- Can greatly reduce bad taste from water.
- Save on filter cost. Each filter can produce 200 gallons of clean, odorless drinking water.
- Very effective in clearing off turbidity and bad taste on water.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Replacement filter is not easy to change.
- No filter change indicator.
- Low flow rate.
- Won’t fit on drop down faucets.
3. Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter with Advanced Water Filtration
If the qualities of FM-15A makes you feel safer with your drinking water, you will also like this product. The FM-25 model, however, has a more advanced filtration system.
What can you ask for the best faucet water filter that has the filtering qualities of its previous version but with a more compact design. It is also beautifully chrome polished and with easy switch from filter to non-filter.
Culligan water filters are known for their outstanding qualities in eliminating bad tastes and odors in tap water. They normally have advanced filtration system that can eliminate sediments, bacterial cysts and are excellent in clearing out turbid water.
This product is also recognized for its capacity to filter out atrazine, lindane and many types of class 1 particulates. These are the particles found in drinking water with .5 to 1 micron in size.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- Easy to install and with very compact design. No tools needed for installation. Installation instruction included.
- Greatly reduces bad odor and bad taste on tap water.
- Can eliminate lead and other very small particles and contaminants.
- All metal adapters, washers and fittings included.
- Made with plated polished chrome.Simply pull the diverter tab to activate filter and vice versa for regular water.
- Filter cartridge is good up to 200 gallons of water.
- NSF 42 certified.
- Authentic OEM product.
- 2 year limited warranty.
- Adapters may not fit all faucets.
- Won’t fit on drop down faucets.
4. PUR 3-Stage Advanced Faucet Water Filter, 7.7-Inch by 3.2-Inch, Chrome
Why we consider this also as the best faucet water filter? This is because of its 3-stage water filtering processes such as ion exchange and carbon activated filtration. These are two of the most effective water filtration processes in today’s water cleaning technology.
According to PUR, this faucet-mounted filter can remove 99 percent lead, 96 percent mercury and over 70 types of contaminants that are commonly found on tap waters.
Every filter can clean up to 100 gallons of water before it needs to be replaced. Connecting it to your faucet is also a breeze as it fits most standard faucets. To ensure that you change the filter on time, it is also featured with a built-in digital water monitor. All the adapters that come with it are also made of metal.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- Easy one click installation.
- With built-in electronic filter life indicator.
- It fits most standard American faucets.
- Remove almost 100 percent of lead and mercury and 70 types of water contaminants.
- 360-degree swivel capacity that allows complete turning of the head.
- Made of high quality materials with beautiful finish.
- Can produce 100 gallons of filtered, clean water or equivalent to 3 months of regular use.
- With metal adapters.
- Warranty: 2 years limited warranty.
- Won’t fit pull-out or hand-held faucets.
- Filters may clog with constant use.
5. DuPont WFFM350XCH Electric Metered 200-Gallon Deluxe Faucet Mount Premium Water Filtration Filter, Chrome
This DuPont product is actually one of our favorites. Mainly because it has an aesthetically pleasing appeal and gives out a character between a classic and modern kitchen accessory. With chrome all over and an electronic display that can be viewed in different angles, this allows you to see when to change its filter.
Ordinary water filters need to be filter replaced every 100 gallons of clean water. This product can produce up to 200 gallons for a single filter. This equals to 3 to 4 months before filter replacement is necessary.
Why this deserves to be your best faucet water filter? It could actually reduces the presence of chlorine, bacterial cysts, sediments and heavy metals in your tap water. The result would be more improved drinking water with purified taste, more clearer and absolutely odorless.
Our Rating: (3.7 / 5)
- Easy to install. You may only need a plier.
- Can filter 200 gallons of clean water for every single filter.
- WQA certified.
- With easy to read digital display that can be viewed on various angles.
- With easy to turn knob to switch from “filter” to “unfilter”.
- Effectively reduces/removes sediments, bacterial cysts, chlorine, benzene, lindane, lead, mercury and asbestos in your tap water.
- Can significantly improve the taste of your water, turbidity and eliminates odor.
- Beautifully chrome finished with modern design.
- Warranty: 4-year limited warranty.
- Display may not be readable under bright light.
- Not designed for pull down faucets with spray heads.
- Usual complaint: Digital monitor that accordingly is prone to malfunctions.
As our planet becomes more polluted, even water treatment facilities won’t be able to produce the cleanest water we deserve. That’s why we need to worry and do something for our family’s sake starting off by installing the best faucet water filter on your sink’s faucet.
The water filters that we have presented are all great, efficient, widely tested and loved generally by those who own it. But among these, I cannot deny myself in wanting the DuPont WFFM350XCH Electric Metered 200-Gallon.
With its 200 gallon capacity/filter, digital display and absolute vast number of pollutants and contaminants it can filter out, that’s what I like much about it. Plus, with its modern design and chrome finish, this ends my search for the best faucet water filter.
My only concern though is its battery-powered digital monitor which some users say has a malfunctioning problem. DuPont, therefore, should check on this issue.