Keurig Coffee making systems are among the best selling and most sought after coffee makers on the market. This is because in overall, the brand produces among the best espresso brewing machines. However, this doesn’t mean that all the Keurig coffee makers will give you the same results. Within the brand, some are better than the others. The subject of how to choose the right model thus arises. Since there are hundreds or Keurig coffee maker models out there, choosing the right one can be a tricky Endeavour. Below is a guideline on how to go about your selection process.
- 1 The Top Ten Keurig Product Reviews
- 1.1 1. Keurig K575 Single Serve Coffee Maker
- 1.2 2. Keurig K475 Single Serve Coffee Maker
- 1.3 3. Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer
- 1.4 4. Keurig K250 Single Serve Coffee Maker
- 1.5 6. Keurig B155 K-Cup Commercial Coffee Brewing System
- 1.6 7. Keurig K150 Single-Cup Commercial Coffee Maker
- 1.7 8. Keurig K145 OfficePRO Coffee Brewer
- 1.8 9. Keurig B70 Platinum Coffee Brewing System
- 1.9 10. Keurig K15 K-Cup Coffee Maker
- 2 An Overview Of Keurig Models
- 3 Best Keurig Coffee Making Machine Buying Guide
- 4 Final word
Why should you buy a Keurig Coffee Maker?
First things first, before knowing how to choose the right product, it may be necessary knowing why you should consider Keurig products in the first place. Below are some of the reasons why it would be prudent for your coffee maker to be a Keurig brand.
1. Market Leader: Keurig came into existence in the 1990’s and since then, it has been a game changer and pace setter in the one-cup coffee making industry. Rather than brewing large amounts of coffee, some of which will go to waste, you can now brew the amount you need and at the time you need it. This has a number of advantages such as:
- Economy of water and coffee as it is unlikely that you will pour out excess coffee at dusk
- You have the option of enjoying different flavors with each cup
- They come with the convenience of having to throw each K-Cups used rather than having to wash them. This is a double-edged sword as there are extra cost implications
- Reusable & recyclable K-Cups are available for use to minimize the costs
2. Many Brewer Options: The Company has a wide range of coffee maker options for almost all the diverse needs.
3. Quality Performance: The main reason why you should consider the Keurig brand is because on average, they brew quality espressos and the machines are relatively durable if used according to the instructions.
The Top Ten Keurig Product Reviews
1. Keurig K575 Single Serve Coffee Maker
Keurig K575 is inarguably the best coffee maker by Keurig. This is a 2.0 series upgraded version of a coffee maker, providing high-quantity coffee brewing capabilities. The K575 is packed with the largest water reservoir (80 ounces), within the 2.0 series. Its touch screen display is also very feature-rich, showing all you would need to see during a brewing process. It is one of the fastest Keurig coffee makers. After calibration, very little time is needed to brew your beverage.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
- The product offers you the ability to brew large quantity coffees of up to 30 ounce
- Large enough 80-ounce water reservoir
- Easy to use, with even a baby being able to operate it
- Strength control and multiple flavors
- Compatible with reusable filters hence allowing ground coffee lovers to enjoy their beverage of choice
- Offers a bunch of customization options for hard-core coffee drinkers and makers
- It features a significantly lower marked price than others in the 2.0 series
- Programming feature is only reserved for the K-Carafe but not the K-Cups
- Third party cups can’t be used
- No de-scaling hence cleaning can be a tall order
2. Keurig K475 Single Serve Coffee Maker
This is one of the best Keurig coffee makers. Its features have been designed and engineered to make coffee brewing life easier and faster, especially for those in need of large volumes of coffee per day. Some of the technologically advanced specifications that are featured in this coffee maker include: the temperature control, a digital clock programmed in the product’s large color touch screen and brew size control etc. all these, among other features have positively been reviewed for saving time as well as simplifying the user’s morning routine.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Premium Customizable Brewing System: Comes with a water filter handle, two filters, and 6 K-Cups
- Feature Laden: Has adjustable temperature and strength control among other features that help you customize your brew to the liking of your taste buds
- Multiple Sizes: You can brew coffee in large sizes, thanks to the variety of K-Mugs & K-Carafes that the product supports. Brew size options are from 4 to 30 ounces. The 22, 26 and 30-ounce sizes are reserved for the K-Carafe
- Allows you to brew about 75 brands thus allowing you a wide range of tastes and flavors
- Storage Drawer: Comes with a unique space saving solution in the storage drawer. Together with the unique sliding wheels, it is not only efficient to brew coffee with the K475 but also easy to store
- Removable Water Reservoir: The water reservoir is 70 ounce in size, capable of storing up to 14 cups equivalent. It is removable hence easy to clean and better storage capabilities.
- Stainless steel travel mug that’s leak & spill proof allows you to carry your beverage with you
- K-Cup coffee filter is reusable
- Incompatible with third-party K-Cups
- Warms up before brewing each cup hence not energy conscience
- Auto brew is only possible with K-Carafe but not with K-cups
- Inconsistency in amount of coffee for selected cup size
Keurig K475 is one of the best Keurig coffee makers, playing in the same league as the K575. It is a programmable coffee maker that is feature-filled with a series of controls including customizable settings, strength & temperature control, and a large 2.4-inch color screen, all of which make it easier for you to end up with premium brewing experiences.
3. Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer
This is a revolutionary Keurig brewer that comes with the revolutionary technology that reads the lid of every single K-Carafe or K-Cup pack with the intention of making only a perfect beverage. Just at the touch of a button, you will be able to brew a piping hot four-cup carafe conveniently, and with the same ease as you would brew a single-serve cup. The K400 has a 70-ounce water reservoir and allows the user the ability to brew 9 different sizes, the carafe sizes included.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- 70-ounce water reservoir that’s capable of brewing 14 cups of coffee
- The reservoir has an easy flip top lid
- Color touch display used to program the brewing processes
- Coffee strength control feature
- 9 brew sizes is a good range for coffee enthusiasts
- Allows for brewing of over 500 varieties
- Brewer maintenance alerts boost the durability
- Customizable settings
- Comes with a horrible plastic taste and Keurig recommends running of vinegar to deal with that taste
The 2.0 coffee making technology is the most recent technology in the sector. The technology offers a wide range of coffee brewing sizes, all of which are easy to brew. The K400’s signature is the fact that the quality of coffee it brews is unquestionable.
4. Keurig K250 Single Serve Coffee Maker
Keurig K250 is a basic coffee maker in the 2.0 series and shares the same technology as the advanced K575 but lacks some of the advanced control features present in its advanced brother. The coffee maker comes with an inbuilt 40-ounce reservoir that’s located at the machine’s back. Its operation is simple and controls are done through the product’s black and white touch screen.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Wide range of brew size options (4-30 ounces), thanks to the product’s compatibility with the K-cups and K-carafe
- Strength control: You have the option of choosing between light, medium and strong coffee.
- It allows you to brew a wide range of sizes between 4 and 30 ounces
- It is the cheapest 2.0 Keurig coffee maker model
- The 10-ounce cup can be brewed in the standard 1 minute, but the 30 ounce takes up to about 5 minutes.
- Lacks an auto-brew and the temperature control settings but these features may not be of much value to many
- Third party k-cups can’t be used
This is an incredible 2.0 coffee maker option, especially for the beginner and the budget buyer. The brewing machine has been designed for both office and home use.
5. Keurig K55 Coffee Maker
Keurig K55 is one of the best Amazon seller products. The product combines solid quality construction, affordable pricing, ease-of-use and perfect beverage taste in one machine. Some of the areas where almost everyone commends the product for are its convenience and versatility. The design is also impressive to many, with the brewing control features being just enough for your needs within its price range.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Super easy assembly and operation or use can be operated by your 5-year-old kid
- Quiet brew technology but with some substantial noise
- Feature-laden with auto-turn off feature necessitating for energy saving
- Multiple cup size brewing option with options including 6-ounce cup, 8-ounce and ultimately 10-ounce cup
- Reusable filters can be used hence a good news to the ground coffee lovers
- Flexibility of enjoying over 100 different coffee varieties
- Only compatible with K-Cups but not K-Carafe and K-Mugs
- Ground coffee may taste a bit weak when brewed using this product
- Lacks the de-scaling feature thus making it harder to clean
- It’s not the best solution for bigger families.
- LED light that alerts you when mineral deposits are at alarming levels
Being a global top seller, the Keurig K55 is the best Keurig product under the budget buyer category. The matte finish gets thumbs up, the compact footprint commendable and the side position of the water reservoir makes it super convenient to refill. In a nutshell, if you are shopping for a hassle free Keurig coffee maker that won’t break the bank, then the K55 is your best bet.
6. Keurig B155 K-Cup Commercial Coffee Brewing System
The K155 is a heavy duty coffee maker, probably the best model for office use. It features a color LCD display screen and is capable of brewing four different cup sizes between 4 and 10 ounces. Its added features such as the ability of the user to select the water temperature they need, as well as the option to read instructions three different languages makes it beat its other competitors in this conquest. The K155 is also compatible with Echo Brew filters as well as the Solo fill.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Construction is meant to endure heavy use
- It is compatible with plumbing kits, which are separately sold
- Touch screen for easy programming
- Energy saving mode that is necessary during such economic times
- Compatible with all K-Cups, including the 2.0 and non-2.0
- Quick brewing time in less than a minute
- 90 ounce water reservoir makes work easier.
- Could have been better if the 12-ounce cup brewing option had been included
- The noise isn’t conducive for quiet offices
- No carafe support
This is the best office use coffee maker. This is because the product features a reliable and one of the most heavy duty pumps on the market.
7. Keurig K150 Single-Cup Commercial Coffee Maker
The K150 is one of the flagships or rather oldest Keurig models that are still in circulation. Though they aren’t being produced by Keurig as at now, so many retailers still have them in store and you can get it from them. The K150 operation is standard with the brewing process taking two minutes. It comes with a heavy-duty pump that makes it an appropriate coffee maker for commercial and medium scale use.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Easy Cleanup: This is made possible by the fact that its drip tray is easily removable and is dishwasher safe
- Size Options: The brewer offers five brew sizes to choose from. These are the 4-ounce, 6,8,10 and ultimately 12-ounce cup options.
- Commercial Grade: It has been designed for use by small-sized to medium-sized businesses, with a durability construction meant to perform day in, day out.
- NSF Certification: The brewer has passed some extensive analysis and testing processes for ruggedness and sanitation approval.
- The resultant brew is a bit milder than and not as hot as other Keurig coffee makers
- Doesn’t come with some of the updated brewing technologies
8. Keurig K145 OfficePRO Coffee Brewer
The K145 is a commercial grade coffee brewer that has become among the most popular office coffee solutions. At first glance, you will be forgiven for being deceived that the product is one of those Keurig’s home models. The K145 comes with a heavy duty pump that enables the product to continuously work for extended periods without the fear of burning out. This is exactly what an office requires. Its main downside is the fact that it can’t be welcome in the small quiet offices. For the serious home coffee brewers, this product can be a legitimate option.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Different sizes: Users get three different cup size options
- Capable of handling abuse: It is capable of handling medium size office coffee requirements throughout the day without a change in taste.
- Simple operation
- Energy saving mode available
- Comes with an inbuilt touch screen
- Quick brewing process with only two minutes needed from cold start
- Features a drainable water reservoir
- It’s quite noisy at the start
- Doesn’t come with all the features you may want in a coffee maker and is also not compatible with some K-Cups
- The base has to be removed for the travel mugs to be fit
- Doesn’t come with a water filter
For those in the search for a Keurig coffee-making system capable of making up to 50 cups a day, then look no further than the K145.
9. Keurig B70 Platinum Coffee Brewing System
This is the best single-cup coffee maker by Keurig. The premium model offers coffee enthusiasts with a wide range of 5-cup size brewing options for them to choose from. It is a sleek award winning coffee maker design that features a unique footprint, a 10-cup capacity water reservoir, a digital clock as well as a temperature control feature, all of which allow you to brew your coffee in a relaxed manner, and without much hassle. If you are staying alone, or you happen to be the only coffee enthusiast in your home, this is just the best coin you can ever toss.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Features a 60oz water reservoir
- Programmable on/off feature, blue backlit LCD monitor, one-touch control panel
- The best single-cup brewing system for home use
- Dishwasher-safe parts and easily removable drip tray for easy washing
- Descale indicator,
- A wide 5-brew-size cup range options
- It’s easy to operate, with the setup taking you just about ten minutes.
- Expensive, just as other Keurig coffee maker brands are
- It doesn’t offer the taste that some would have wanted.
10. Keurig K15 K-Cup Coffee Maker
Formerly Keurig K10, This product offers the same great Keurig experience that’s offered by other coffee makers of the same brand. K15 brews tea, hot chocolate and coffee in the 6-ounce, 8-ounce and 10-ounce cup quantities within just 2 minutes when standard K-cups are used. Its water reservoir holds up to 10 ounces. The user is offered very few utilities with no brew control features and is also small in size thus not the best for a home full of coffee enthusiasts.
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
- Has a wide volume range of brewing capabilities for a small family
- Is a simple Keurig entry level coffee maker with simple operations? It is the most basic Keurig model
- Features a small footprint
- There is no reservoir hence it presents minimal cleaning challenges
- Multiple color options to choose from
- Accepts all the available K-Cup types (2.0 included)
- Comes with an auto-off feature after 90 seconds
- The water reservoir is very small
- Doesn’t come with a filter
- It is the slowest of all the Keurig models, brewing in about 2 minutes
- Not programmable
- The power cord is short
The K15 coffee maker is one of the best products for just a newly married couple or for students sharing a room of two. It is a compact and easy to use coffee maker that can be a good starting point for the beginners.
An Overview Of Keurig Models
1. Keurig K575Highlights
- Large 80-ounce Reservoir: This is the largest within the 2.0 series, being capable of making up to 16 cups.
- Extra Large Color Screen: The touch screen, with a digital clock, eases the brewing of fresh and tasty cup of coffee under a minute.
- Multiple Size Options: 4 to 12 ounces of K-cups and 22-30 ounce K-Carafe options
- K-Cup Lovers: You can choose to brew, tea, coffee and even hot cocoa etc depending on your moods
2. Keurig K475 Highlights
- Features: High altitude setting, language preference setting (Spanish/French/English), temperature control, digital clock, K-Carafe auto brew, Strength Control, and energy saver mode
- 4-inch large display
- Removable 70-ounce water reservoir
- The product is compatible with K-Cup coffee filter reusability
- It is compatible with K-Mug pods, K-Carafe pod as well as with K-Cup pod with a maximum capacity of 30 ounces
3. Keurig 2.0 K400 BrewerHighlights
- Revolutionary Technology: The first 2.0 style coffee maker to be released to the market
- Different Sizes: You have 9 size options to choose from
- Fully Programmable: This makes it convenient for you to make and enjoy quality coffee of you chosen flavor
- Strength Control: Choose whether you need mild, medium or strong coffee as you brew it.
4. Keurig K250Highlights
- Multiple sizes: Has one of the widest ranges of brewing capabilities (between 4 and 30 ounces)
- Multiple Flavors: There are 100s of flavor options to choose from
- Best Keurig Coffee Maker for the Buck: It’s one of the cheapest 2.0 models and offers you real value for your money.
5. Keurig K55 Highlights
- Versatility: Can be used to make multiple coffees, lemonade, and tea flavors and of different cup sizes.
- Includes 4 K-Cup pods, 2 water filters, and a water filter handle
- Simple button controls for easy brewing process
- Removable water reservoir (48-ounce capacity)
- Features: Indicator lights, programmable auto-off hence saves energy
6. Keurig B155Highlights
- Commercial Grade: It is the best and most powerful commercial grade Keurig coffee maker for office use
- Upgraded Brewing Technology: Features an LCD display, for programming, thus allowing you to do other things as you brew
- Fast: Takes virtually less than a minute for the beverage to be ready.
- Multilingual: Instructions can be read in English, French or Spanish
7. Keurig K150Highlights
- Removable Drip Tray: This makes it easy to clean the product as well as to accommodate travel mugs
- 90-ounce water reservoir: This reservoir is easy to fill and has the capacity of making up to 18 cups of coffee
- Features a programmable clock, energy saving mode, Temperature control and touch screen interface for easier coffee brewing
8. Keurig K145Highlights
- Commercial Grade: Features a heavy duty pump that makes the coffee maker withstand bulk use.
- Versatile: The machine accepts Echo Brew filter, solo filters and accommodates Keurig filters.
- Performance: Comes with a 48-ounce water reservoir and is capable of brewing 6, 8 and 10-ounce cups
9. Keurig B70Highlights
- Easy Setup: Within ten minutes, you will have set up your product and ready to brew
- Range: It offers 5 different size cup options for one to choose what they want to brew
- Miscellaneous: The coffee maker is appealing with its blue LED lit tank making it not only functional but also elegant.
- Design: It is the best single cup unit, equally having an impressive 60-ounce reservoir tank.
10. Keurig K15Highlights
- Effortless Brewing: All you need is to pop in your K-cup and add water to your requirement then press the brew button. Even your 5-year-old kid can do this
- Brews Anything: It accepts multiple ranges of K-cups hence one can brew coffee, tea and even hot cocoa etc
- Minimal Cleaning: Though you may not like the fact that it doesn’t have a reservoir, the lack of this reservoir makes it easy to clean.
Best Keurig Coffee Making Machine Buying Guide
As mentioned earlier, when you are shopping for a coffee maker, Keurig is one of the brands you can highly trust. This doesn’t, however, mean that when you get to a store, randomly picking any of the Keurig coffee makers is ideal. There are a number of factors you need to consider as you narrow down to your most preferred product. These factors include:
The main thing you should consider when shopping is the purpose under which you are shopping for the coffee maker. Will it be a home use product, office use or commercial use? Still within the home use purposes, are you many in your family and are the family members coffee guzzlers or you are just a few members who go with one or two cups per day. If you will be using your coffee maker for enterprise purposes, consider a commercial-grade performance product that comes with a heavy duty pump.
2. Adaptability with Filters
There are times when you won’t be able to get K-Cups and would thus want to use ground coffee in your machine. Ensure that the machine you go for is adaptable to EkoBrew filters for it to be possible for you to brew your ground coffees.
3. Brewing Cup Size
Depending on your coffee addiction, you need to go for a machine that offers you the possibility of brewing different coffee cup sizes. If your entire family is addicted, have the provision of 30-ounce cup brewing in your machine of choice.
4. Water Reservoir
You may be using your coffee maker in the bedroom, study room, office or even sitting room. You don’t want to keep on making trips to the kitchen to fetch more water. Go for a machine that has the largest reservoir possible, with most of the Keurig reservoirs having capacity ranges between 40 and 80 ounces.
It is recommendable that you consider machines that allow you to program the coffee maker to turn on at a given time and you can have the coffee ready when you get to where the coffee maker is. This is an additional pretty comfort feature
6. Brewing Time
Coffee makers should ideally not only make it easier for you to brew you drink but should also save time. Consider products that brew within the shortest time possible, with 1 minute being ideal.
7. Size & Design
You want to consider something that improves the elegance of your kitchen as well as one that won’t eat into your kitchen space. Let the product of choice be compact, with others like K475 having special storage features
8. Additional Features
These are pretty optional but useful features that include; the hot water dispenser, auto-turn off feature, and the removable drip tray feature.
The above reviewed products are some of the best Keurig coffee makers. If you are looking for the ultimate Keurig coffee maker for home use, then the Keurig K575 is your ultimate product. However, this product won’t give you total control over how much you would want to brew in a day. If you want something that won’t complain, no matter how frequent you use it in a day, then the commercial grade coffee makers will do you good. In such a case, the Keurig B155 is the champion.