When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
The AR15 is known to be one of the most versatile semi-automatic rifles in the world. Capable of firing ammunitions of about 14 different calibers by simply changing its barrel and upper receiver and equipping it with the best AR15 carry handle scopes, you can use it in many ways. It can be your hunting rifle, a home defense gun or your target shooter.
The carry handle of the AR15 is actually a classic symbol recognized among the standard Armalite versions and serve as the iron sight of the gun. Although the newer AR15 versions have flat tops carrier which make them easy to fit with optics, a rifle with a carry handle is a different case.
Simply, the carry handle can be a hindrance if you want to suit your rifle with optics. Yet there are still ways to utilize the handle and can still fix scopes into it. Read below and see how you do it.
What to Consider When Buying the Best AR15 Carry Handle Scopes
Almost all types of rifles can be fixed with any kind of scope. But with AR15 with a carry handle, you have to be creative to fix your scope. So here are some of the best ways to solve this issue.
Check the upper receiver of your AR15 if it has a removable carry handle. Generally the AR15 A-3 models have detachable carry handles so there would be no issue in replacing it with your favorite scope.
Choose a scope with a flat rail adapter mount. There are number of reliable scopes that are featured with rail adapters wherein you can slip its screw into the carry handle’s open space and tighten it with its bolt and that will securely fix your scope.
Buy a carry handle conversion rail or mount. This is a rail extender mount where you mount it on top of the carry handle and this is where your scope will be mounted. There are many types of these: standard optic mounts, Picatinny scope mounts, Tri-rail mounts, See-through mounts with rings and scope base mounts.
Considering that your permanent carry handle is mountable with a scope but you don’t want your scope to get too high, choose a smaller, compact scope like the Leupold scopes. These scopes are generally tube types and sit low yet loaded with features.
There are also scopes that could perfectly fit on Armalite rifles with carry handles and this is the main point of our article. We have chosen a few among the best with excellent features and here they are.
Top 4 Best AR15 Carry Handle Scopes
1. Trijicon TA31F 4×32 ACOG
This scope is used as the standard military grade optics for the US Marine Corps and US Army. Made from aircraft grade aluminum, it’s very tough and ACOG equipped and it has an excellent to fit on any AR15 with carry handle. You can attach and reattach it quickly and will be secured once it’s there.
With a 4 power optic and 32m objective lens, it can absorb shock from recoils without affecting its zero setting. Nitrogen-filled that makes it fog-proof and waterproof, the lenses are multi-coated to maximize the available light.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
Weighing less than 10 ounces, this is by far one of the best AR15 carry handle scopes you can trust on the field. Battery-free, it uses its Tritium-Phosphor lamp to illuminate the reticle during low light condition.
Its fiber optics, however, also collects lights during the day and automatically adjusts the contrast and brightness of reticle. Basically, what you see is totally clear target regardless of the lighting condition around you and your target.
- Battery-free. Tritium-Phosphor lamp can last for 15 years.
- Featured with Trijicon fiber optics that automatically adjust the brightness level of the scope.
- Multi-coated, anti-reflective coated lenses for super clear view without distortion.
- With BAC (Bindon Aiming Concept) to allow shooter to quickly track and engage targets.
- BDC (Bullet Drop Compensation) to let you balance the effect of gravity on the bullet’s trajectory without the need for mechanical adjustments.
- Once Zero is set, you are capable to aim on multitude of distances.
- Magnification: 4X
- At 32mm objective lens, this provides large eye volume to help you acquire your target quickly.
- Waterproof up to 500 feet (150 meters).
- Comes with TA52 Picatinny flat top rail for easy set up on carry handle or flat top upper receiver.
- Eye relief: 1.5 inches
- Warranty: See warranty card.
- Doesn’t come with a pelican case.
2. BARSKA 4×20 Electro Sight Scope M-16 Riflescope
If there’s one model scope that can perfectly with the AR15 handle scopes, it probably is the Barska 4×20 Electro Scope. With very simple design, this brings back the design of the classic Colt optics made for M-16 Armalite rifles. With 4 magnification power and 20mm objective lens and with a bullet drop compensator, this allows the shooter to use it accurately at close range and hit targets even at 500 yards.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
In terms of adaptability to the carry handle, it can be attached easily and get secured firmly with its mount. Not too high or too low, it also allows the shooter to use the iron sight of the carry handle during close shooting without the need to remove the scope. Very light at 13 ounces, it is really compact bur powerful and will perfectly fit on a classic Colt carbine rifle.
- Highly suited to fit to any AR15 and M-16 carry handles.
- 4 power magnification, 20 mm objective lens.
- 22 foot field of view at 100 yards.
- 30/30 reticle.
- Allows the use of the iron sights while a scope is in place.
- With BDC to see target and calculate bullet drop up to 500 yards in 100 yards increments.
- Very easy to mount, light and compact.
- With side windage and elevation adjustment knobs.
- Fully multi-coated optics, black matte finish.
- Eye relief: 2.7 inches.
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Not solidly constructed according to some reviews.
3. Vortex Optics Sparc AR Red Dotx 40mm
Some of the best AR15 carry handle scopes are those with the red dot optics. These are especially preferred by those who want quick zeroing on their targets more on closer range. The Vortex SPARC is a red-dot optic designed to fit on AR15 carry handle and with a mounting system. Very compact, light and user-friendly, it eliminates the issue of carrying a bulky scope on a heavy gun.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
Some of its special features are its ten settings for brightness while it can also be equipped with night vision devices using the bottom settings. To save on battery, the illumination light automatically turns off after 12 hours. So although the battery takes years to run dry, having this feature save your scope further and can use it on field with no worries.
Be it a flat-top receiver or a carry handle, it’s no problem for the Vortex SPARC to be fixed onto.
- Designed to mount on carry handle or flat tops receiver.
- With red dot optics for point and accurate shooting.
- Ten light settings to blend scope’s lighting to the environment of the target.
- Nitrogen filled with O-ring seal for all weatherproof and shockproof performance.
- Multiple anti-reflective lens to increase light transmission.
- 2 MOA dot diameter setting for more accurate point of aim.
- Parallax-free and unlimited eye relief.
- Battery: common AAA battery.
- With removable, built-in lens cap.
- Warranty: VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty
- Put up a very bright dot that some reviewers say produces glare.
4. EOTech 512.A65 Tactical HOLOgraphic AA Batteries Weapon Sight
Representing the Eotech optics, the Eotech 512 provides holographic sight that puts up a basic but accurate round red dot reticle. With a gooseneck style mount, this makes one of the best AR15 carry handle scopes that you can use along with your iron sights. For its best feature, this will allow you to shoot accurately at close to medium range which is about 5 yards to 200 yards at quick glance.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
For the mount, this offers adjustable height and also lessen the scope bulk. Operated by two common AA lithium batteries, these can last up to 1,000 hours. Strongly made with aluminum casing that protects the glass optic, it offers 20 different light settings which provides you unlimited eye relief.
And since it is solidly made with no tube, this is practically a shockproof, fog-proof, waterproof holographic scope that requires almost no maintenance.
- Made in USA.
- Very basic holographic red dot sight with 20 light settings.
- Adjustable gooseneck mount that perfectly fit AR15’s carry handle.
- Two AA lithium batteries can last thousand hours of use. Also support alkaline and rechargeable batteries.
- Best choice as close quarter optics.
- Boost target acquisition, accuracy and control.
- Case is of rugged aluminum assembly, no knobs and tool-free mounting bolt.
- Programmable 4 and 8 hours auto shut-off.
- Suits 1-inch Picatinny or weaver rails.
- Magnification: 1x
- Eye relief: unlimited
- Adjustment/click: 0.5 MOA
- Warranty: See warranty card.
- Not night vision compatible.
When it comes to scopes I always choose the ones that are more into technology and all these scopes are my favorite because they deliver the best results in terms of magnification, clarity and of course accuracy. But the one I like most is the Trijicon TA31F 4×32 ACOG with Dual Illuminated Chevron .223 Ballistic Reticle.
I’m a dedicated fan of the ACOG scope family and as the testimony of their efficiency, issuing them to military personnel is enough proof that they are very reliable and accurate.
So honestly, once I get my AR15 with a carry handle, I would surely purchase this scope among others. In terms of choosing for the basic scope, however, the EOTech with holographic red dot is also a simple designed tactical scope and I like its quick target acquisition feature and of course it’s an American made.