Welcome to the best Crossbow reviews page and guide to buying one of the top rated Crossbows. Since ancient times in China, Crossbows are one of the oldest weapons being around for ages until today. They have become more accurate and potent and if you are looking for an enhanced hunting experience nothing does it better than one of the available Crossbows that we will be discussing here!
You can find a wide range available on the market today with different skills and levels. If you are a beginner, we suggest that you buy yourself one of the best crossbows for the money. To make it easier for you, saving you time and money we have narrowed some of these remarkable crossbows down for you.
- Best Crossbow for the Money – Top 5 Crossbows
- Crossbow for Deer Hunting
- Powerful Crossbow
- Fastest Crossbow
- Cheap Crossbows
- 1 Crossbow Buying Guide
- 2 Best Crossbow for the Money Top 5 Crossbows
- 3 Best Crossbow for Deer Hunting
- 4 Most Powerful Crossbow
- 5 The Fastest Crossbow
- 6 3 Cheap Crossbows
- 7 Conclusion
Crossbow Buying Guide
The crossbow is great for both the novice and the serious hunter. When choosing the right crossbow for you, you need to take into account the features and not just the speed. Here is a list of some features you can consider before making a final decision when buying your crossbow. As a novice, there are some points that you need to know and they are as follows:
The Crossbows Parts
- On each end of the bow limbs of the crossbow, there are round parts known as the Cams and used for storing energy, which in turn propels the bowstring and arrow,
- Tied to both ends of the bowstring are cables allowing the drawing back of the bow,
- The string attached to the bow’s cables is the bow string and the part that is drawn back,
- The long, flexible planks normally made from fiberglass and also attached to the riser known as the limbs – this part is used to support the bow’s cam system helping to store energy before you shoot the bow,
- The amount of force you need to hold the bow string back is known as the let-off and an example of this, when advertised, is normally stated as 80% let-off meaning that you will hold it back for 20% of the draw weight when fully drawn back – if the crossbow weighs for instance 60 pounds, the let-off you hold back is 12 pounds,
- The central section of your bow attached to the limbs is the riser,
- Attached to the bow’s front, at the riser is the stirrup and shaped similar to those used for horse saddles,
- The part of the bow that you hold onto while aiming is the stock, and
- Lastly, the part attached to the stock is the trigger that is similar to any firearm like the rifle.
Some important things to remember before buying a Crossbow
Some important things that you need to remember before buying a crossbow:
- What is the purpose of buying the crossbow – are you in need of target practice or planning to hunt deer, it is for fun as some of the features like the weight and size matters and very important. If you are planning to hunt with the crossbow you will need a high-quality unit where size and weights important to look at,
- If you buy a lightweight crossbow it has its benefits, but a heavier one is great when in need of keeping it steady, especially when hunting elk or any other animal and great if you are not walking long distances at a time,
- The draw weight all depends on your physical ability and what you plan to do with the crossbow – for deer hunting you would need a draw weight of 150 pounds and if you do not have the strength to draw this weight there are optional rope cocking aids to help you,
- If you want faster speeds it is best to choose a compound type of crossbow as it stores energy propelling faster,
- If you want a hunting crossbow you need one that is not noisy if possible and normally equipped with parallel limbs,
- One needs to have the correct incline for accurate shots and these cocking aids are available as rope, cranks, or elastic straps, and
- For a more advanced shooting with your crossbow, a great scope will do the trick and there are four variations available on the market the optical, single, multi red dot, and multi-reticle scope.
Now that you know the basics of the crossbow let, we look at some of them closer:
Best Crossbow for the Money Top 5 Crossbows
1. The Barnett Jackal Crossbow Package
With the Barnett Jackal Crossbow package, one can take out 250 lbs. game. These crossbows considered as one of the best in its kind and great if you are new to the sport and an affordable option. The Jackal Crossbow is comfortable to use and has some cool features with a great reminiscent design of the military.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
It has a lower draw weight compared to other models with a foot per second of 315. You can use it for target shooting and able to take out the large game when used at a distance of 50 feet and more. The crossbow assembles easily in less than 10 minutes and has an automatic safety for preventing dry firing while constructed with high-quality materials. It comes with a detachable quiver, a quiver attachment platform, three arrows, a tube of wax and single red dot scope.
It is a number one high-quality crossbow and worth every cent spent on it! This device has received some high appraisals from consumers when bought, as it is easy to put together and lightweight only weighing 7.7 pounds.
2. Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Crossbow Kit
If you have a tight budget, the Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Crossbow Kit is for you! It is a great alternative when compared to larger and heavier units. For first time buyers and hunters, this crossbow is one of the best.
The Inferno Fury comes packed with some great features for its price and provides you with both accuracy and power when shot. It has a draw weight of 175 pounds and a 10.5” power stroke while the arrows travel at 225 FPS.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
It has an anti-dry-fire trigger mechanism with a thumb guard that acts as a safety feature. Cocking this crossbow is done easily by simply placing your foot into the stirrup. It is fully equipped with a red dot scope, a quick detachable quiver, bolts & rope cocker, and 4 arrows.
The unit’s weight is 4.84 pounds and you can use it easily if you are left or right-handed!
3. The SA Sports Fever Crossbow Package
If you are looking for a lightweight crossbow, the SA Sports Fever Crossbow package is all you need. Weighing in at only 4.85 pounds with a draw weight of 175 pounds this best crossbow may not have an incredible shot speed but shoot up to 240 FPS.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
These crossbows are not for the serious hunter, but a great beginner for training and shooting at targets. It includes an ambidextrous auto safety feature making it handy for cocking the device while the stirrup accommodates for any large boot style.
When you buy the SA Sports Fever, you receive an adjustable scope mount, multi-range scope, 4 arrows, and a padded shoulder sling for convenience.
4. The Jaguar CR-013 Series Crossbow Kit
For a best cheap crossbow, the Jaguar CR-013 series crossbow kit offers you great value and includes a shoulder strap, 30mm red dot sight, a six-bolt detachable quiver, 4 aluminum crossbow bolts with 150 grams points, and safety glasses.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
This unit fires a speed of 245 FPS and is great for hunting and shooting at targets. There are different colors available in the range from black to Camo finishes.
Overall, consumers are very pleased with this unit and quite surprised by it when used for an affordable crossbow. They gave it an overall rating of 4.2 stars and that is out of more than 70 customers who gave some helpful feedback.
5. SA Sports Empire Terminator 260 FPS Crossbow
Another affordable crossbow is the SA Sports Empire Terminator 260 FPS Crossbow. The unit comes pre-strung, has an adjustable rear stock, and a full Picatinny barrel rail. Assembling the crossbow you can easily do in 20 minutes if you are a beginner.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
This unit is not one of the most dominant crossbows and shoots out 16” arrows at 260 feet per second. The crossbow is small and a little underpowered for hunting, but great for training and shooting at targets. While some consumers said, it is OK to hunt deer.
The crossbow is constructed well with all the adjustable features offering you different shooting styles. It has anti-dry fire and works well during shooting, but a bit on the loud side and still offers you accurate shooting while and comes with a one-year limited warranty.
Best Crossbow for Deer Hunting
Now if you are looking for the best crossbow for deer hunting look no further as the Barnett Jackal Crossbow Package will get you on your way. As previously mentioned it may be on the cheap side, but has a velocity of 315 feet per second with a draw weight of 150 lbs.
The crossbow is potent and great for hunting elk and deer from a distance of 40 yards without any problems. It has an included eyesight and some of the detailed features you can view under the best crossbow for the money section.
Most Powerful Crossbow
For the most powerful crossbow, the Barnett Ghost 410 CRT Crossbow Package has it all at an affordable price. This is one of the lightest models in the Barnett range and still heavier when compared to the Excalibur Axiom. Here Barnett has used a CRT (Carbon Riser Technology) making it ultra-light and strong when used.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
Here they have removed the weight from the front end of the crossbow and placed it at the rear of the stock making it easier to carry. The Ghost 350 CRT offers you a shorter power stroke with a draw weight of 175 pounds producing an excellent speed of 350 FPS. Some standout features it has a Whiplash cam, anti-dry fire, metal injection molding trigger, rope cocking device, a quiver, 3 arrows, and crosswire strings.
Overall, consumers only have great things to say about this crossbow, as it is easy to carry around with you, it is simple to put together and worth each cent spent on it.
The Fastest Crossbow
For the fastest crossbow, nothing beats the Excalibur Matrix 350SE Crossbow. This bow is incredibly fast and great for large game hunting. It has a sturdy construction well balanced for smooth performance and great for making accurate shots.
Our Rating: (4.9 / 5)
These best crossbows made for the experienced hunter as it has a great design that may not be suited for the novice archer when it comes to handling. It has a sleek design with a stylish appearance and nearly silence when firing. Safety is one of its best features and has a speed of 350 FPS with a draw weight of 350 pounds.
It comes with a well-located rope-cocking device while the 14” power stroke requires loads of stamina to draw the string. This added cocking mechanism makes it easier for you and includes an anti-dry firing device preventing damage with misfires.
The complete kit includes an accurate scope, string dampeners, a release mechanism built into the bow, quiver, and rope cocking device, 4 Diablo field tip arrows, and ease of assembling.
3 Cheap Crossbows
However, if you do find the mentioned crossbows still to be out of your reach money wise, you can look at the following:
1. 150 Lbs Wood Crossbow with Scope and Pack of Metal Arrows
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
The 150 lbs Wood Crossbow with Scope & Pack of Metal Arrows available from Amazon, and may look like a toy but is not one! It features the use of up to 110 yards with a safety mechanism Auto safety when cocked. The arrows to 200 plus FPS at 60 yards and gives you pinpoint accuracy when used.
The draw weight is 150 LBS and made from fiberglass and you receive 8 aluminum arrows with a scope. The crossbow may not look high powered but still intended for 18 years and older.
2. Wizard Archery 150 lbs Hunting Crossbow
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
Next, on the list is the Wizard Archery 150 LBS Hunting Crossbow with scope seen, This crossbow is suitable for large game hunting and a starter package. You get extra arrows a 4 x 20 scope and features 150 LBS draw weight while the arrows can travel up to 210 feet per second.
The crossbows equipped with a sharp 3 or 4-blade broad head tip and have a metal stock, high-tech fiberglass limb, aluminum barrel construction with auto safety cocking mechanism. Shoot accurately with this crossbow up to 60 yards and receive included a crossbow string, one by footclaw, crossbow limb, 8 arrows, and the scope with one x rope cocking device.
3. Daisy Youth Crossbow, Black, Regular
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
Last on the list is the Daisy Youth Crossbow you can buy ! It is a great training crossbow and great for shooting just for fun. It has a draw weight of 29 LBS and great for young shooters. The rear optical sight included is adjustable for both elevation and windage. It includes the crossbow and two by 16-inch aluminum bolts great for shooting targets.
Whether you are looking for a cheap to an expensive crossbow you are sure to find it right here. These are only some of the best crossbows available here directly from us. Keep a look out for some of the detailed best crossbow reviews to follow. We have a wide range available for the novice shooter to the expert hunter – watch the space!