The IWB Holsters for Shield are known to be the best holsters for the Smith and Wesson M&P Shield, a compact semi-automatic handgun that has earned a lot of credit as an effective self-defense weapon especially for people living in high-risk areas.
The Shield is only about an inch thick which is chambered for 9mm or .40 S&W. About .2 inch smaller than its S&W Compact predecessor, it is lightweight but sturdy and solidly made.
Considered as one of the most reliable compact handguns in the US, this is now used by law enforcers and professionals and can be licensed to be a discreet handgun to carry.
For the Shield’s efficient deep concealment, this is where the role of the best IWB Holsters for Shield come into play. IWB stands for inside waist band, which obviously a holster you can tuck inside your waistband to prevent your gun from getting noticed.
Anyone who wants to carry his licensed S&W Shield should have an IWB holster to keep the gun discreet. The holster also functions as a protective case to help avoid accidental unlocking or firing the gun while keeping it secured on your waist.
- 1 The Best IWB Holsters for Shield
- 2 5 Best IWB Holsters for M&P Shield In 2019 Reviews
- 2.1 1. Galco KT652B Kingtuk Inside the Waistband Gun Holster for S&W M&P Shield 9/40
- 2.2 2. FoxX Holsters Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm & 40 IWB Hybrid Holster Tuckable, Concealed Carry Gun Holster
- 2.3 3. Blade-Tech Industries Klipt IWB Holster – S&W M&P Shield 9/40
- 2.4 4. Smith & Wesson M&P Shield Pro Carry LT CCW IWB Leather Gun Holster Black
- 2.5 5. Gun Holster for Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9MM
- 3 Conclusion
The Best IWB Holsters for Shield
The IWB Holsters for Shield are designed to keep the gun deeply secured while making the gun easy to draw. But though the Shield comes with a standard design, there are different types of IWB Holsters for Shield that you might want to check out.
Each holster has its specially designed features which you may need as a discreet holster. There are the standard leather IWB, the synthetic paneled and the hybrid which is the combination of both materials.
If you want to check out the most popular holster for your Shield gun, we came up with 5 of the best IWB Holsters for Shield that have gathered the most positive reviews.
5 Best IWB Holsters for M&P Shield In 2019 Reviews
1. Galco KT652B Kingtuk Inside the Waistband Gun Holster for S&W M&P Shield 9/40
This Galco IWB holster is designed perfectly for the 9mm and .40 Shield models. It has a backing plate made of saddle leather combined with front Napa leather for solid and easy holstering and fast draw accessibility. With a removable belt clips you can adjust the height of the leather and enables you to set its carry height and angle for your concealing comfort.
With a US patent, the Kydex holster pocket is designed to be tough, durable and rigid to keep the gun steady. Law enforcers and military personnel and private citizens with license to carry compact guns affirm to the reliability of this product.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- Removable and adjustable belt clips for height and angle adjustment.
- Backing plate is made of saddle and Napa leather.
- Rugged Kydex material for the gun holder pocket.
- Fit belts up to 1-3/4 inch wide.
- Used also by law enforcers and military personnel.
- Highly durable with professional grade construction.
- Hybrid IWB holster with a U.S. patent.
- With a magazine/chamber loaded, tucking the gun inside the holster can have some concealment issues.
- Belt clip adjustments need to be innovated as these are not user-friendly according to some users.
- Does not have protective cover to keep sweat from the gun.
2. FoxX Holsters Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm & 40 IWB Hybrid Holster Tuckable, Concealed Carry Gun Holster
This hybrid tuckable holser for M&P Shield also has backing plate, a rugged-looking and heavy duty molded Kydex for the pocket holster and fit the 9mm and .40 caliber compact guns. It also has an adjustable height and angle to fit your carrying comfort.
Made of high quality materials, this holster is 100% Made in U.S.A. So if you’re looking for an American made IWB holster for an American made gun like the S&W M&P Shield, you might want to have this.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Made from Grade 9 top leather for backing plate.
- Solid Kydex material for holster pocket.
- Adjustable black spring belt clips for ride height and angle adjustment.
- Fit 1-3/4” X ¼” belt.
- Highly tuckable and moldable to any body type.
- With trigger protective shield.
- Will not exactly fit Glock pistols but only for Shield.
- Small flaw design with the clips that are sharp and risky on the fingers.
- Takes time to get comfortable with it.
3. Blade-Tech Industries Klipt IWB Holster – S&W M&P Shield 9/40
This American made Blade holster for M&P Shield is typically a standard IWB holster capable of keeping 9mm and .40 calibers deeply concealed. Made of polymer, this could be one of the best IWB holsters for Shield for those who want to keep their guns on an IWB holster or a regular belt holster – truly a universal type IWB holster.
But then inspite of its basic appearance, it can be used both for small or medium framed guns even the J-Frame revolvers. Known for its ultra-thin signature, it can quickly fit into your body’s contour and will not print even when you wear minimal attire. Basic but very versatile, you may want this one if hybrids are not your type.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Fit to conceal small to medium framed guns.
- Very thin and no stiff leather part touching the skin.
- With positive lock trigger guard that will click once gun is firmly seated.
- The removable spring hinged appendix clip makes for quick removal from the belt.
- Fits belts up to 1.75” thick.
- Designed as an appendix style IWB holster for quick access combat scenarios.
- Can be carried on both weak and strong side of the hip.
- Excellent choice as a back-up holster for larger firearms.
- Not exactly fit for some Glock models.
- Slide protector tends to dig into the side when holstering thicker guns.
4. Smith & Wesson M&P Shield Pro Carry LT CCW IWB Leather Gun Holster Black
This is another basic IWB that you can consider for your M&P Shield. With an excellent fit for your 9mm and .40 models, this is made from pure soft leather that can seat comfortably on your waistline while deeply hiding your Shield inside.
Secured by a tough blued steel spring, there would be no risk of slipping your gun inside your pants or accidentally pulling the holster when drawing out your Shield.
If you like the simple type American made IWB holster without the wide leather pad hugging up your skin which can make you uncomfortable, this leather gun holster should carry the features you want in a basic IWB holster.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Perfectly fit 9mm or .40 compact gun models.
- Made of very soft, durable leather to ensure comfort.
- Hand made.
- With trigger protective shield.
- Specifically designed for right hand shooters but available in left hand by request.
- Gun blued metal clip to ensure solid grip on belt.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Not for guns with double stack like Glock 27.
- Does not fit on some .40 cal gun models.
- Materials are somewhat flimsy according to some reviewers.
5. Gun Holster for Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9MM
They called this holster “The Intimidator” because this really looks tough and rugged. Not actually an IWB holster, this is intended to be looped behind your belt with its webbed metal clip. Designed for ambidextrous people it can be tucked under the belt on left or right side of your waist.
Made of cordura ballistic nylon for its exterior, vinyl vapor barrier for the interior, a foam padding and a nylon lining, these can prevent moisture from getting into your gun. Double stitched with bonded nylon on pressure points, this is not leather but toughly made like that of genuine leather.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Designed for under the belt and ambidextrous people.
- Made from tough cordura ballistic nylon.
- With nylon barriers and padding to keep moisture away from the gun.
- Double stitched on pressure points.
- With adjustable spring for thumb break.
- With interior vinyl vapor barrier to keep gun dry.
- Comes with free magazine pouch.
- 30-days money back guarantee
- Metal belt is rather sharp.
- Clip is not solidly attached to the holster.
- Have some issues in fitting S&W 9mm and .40 cal.
The Smith and Wesson M&P Shield inspite of its size has been proven to be a powerful handgun with stopping power more like its bigger caliber versions. But carrying it inside your bag or car’s glove compartment may not be practical because when you need to draw it fast to protect your life, that’s when you realize you should have it right where you need it.
By this, we mean it should always be inside your waistband protected by an IWB holster. That’s why the best IWB Holsters for Shield ensure that your gun should simply be right on your waistline for quick draw while it is kept protected and concealed.
Now, for the 5 best IWB holsters which I have clearly reviewed here, I specifically wanted the Blade Tech Klipt holster among them. That’s because it is fully universal in design, not made of hard leather that I could only feel discomfort with and I can angle it in any way I wanted. I also like its belt straps to guarantee that when I draw out my gun, my holster just stays there.
How about you? Which of these holsters draw your interest? All of these may have flaws in some ways but generally, Shield owners preferably chose these for their great features notwithstanding their small downsides.