Two of the most essentials items that you need to keep your gun clean and working as smoothly as possible are gun oil and lubes. If you are a proud gun owner, regularly cleaning your guns is a habit that you should be doing. Similarly, oiling them properly to make sure that the parts that move and grind against each other work properly is essential. For this, you need to have the best gun oil and lube products to make sure your beloved guns are in top shape.
Storing your gun for a considerable amount of time means it might accumulate dust inside that can affect its shooting accuracy. Dust build up can really affect your gun’s condition so you should clean it properly, oil it, and then store it in a safe and dry place. A well-maintained, well-lubed and well-cleaned gun will not only function properly for years – it will also fire accurately and as expected every time that you pull the trigger.
So what are the best gun oil and lube in the market right now? Below are some of the best products that we have reviewed. Hopefully, you can use these reviews as a basis for your buying decisions:
- 1 Top 10 Best Gun Oil And Lube Reviews
- 1.1 1. FrogLube CLP Liquid 8 oz Spray Bottle
- 1.2 2. Ballistol Multi-Purpose Aerosol Can Lubricant Cleaner Protectant
- 1.3 3. Break-Free CLP-4 Cleaner Lubricant Preservative Squeeze Bottle
- 1.4 4. Mil-Comm TW25B grease 1.5 oz tapered tip tube
- 1.5 5. Hoppe’s No. 9 Synthetic Blend Lubricating Oil, 2.25-Ounce
- 1.6 6. Interstate Arms Corp Remington Rem Oil Aerosol (10-Ounce)
- 1.7 7. FIREClean Anti-Fouling Gun Conditioning Oil 2 pack
- 1.8 8. Shooter’s Choice FP-10 LUBRICANT ELITE 4OZ SQZ BTL (FPL04)
- 1.9 9. Grizzly Lube Non-Toxic CLP | All-In-One Gun Cleaner, Lubricant, & Protectant
- 1.10 10. Hoppe’s BoreSnake Venom Gun Oil with T3, 4 oz. Bottle
- 2 Conclusion
Top 10 Best Gun Oil And Lube Reviews
1. FrogLube CLP Liquid 8 oz Spray Bottle
A revolutionary and biodegradable lube that is made out of food-grade ingredients, the FrogLube CLP Liquid Lube is a non-toxic cleaner that dissolves carbon on contact. Aside from being non-toxic and biodegradable, it also suspends other foul particles that might compromise your gun’s performance such as copper, sand, dust, lead and dirt.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
This product contains a formula solution which goes deep into the pores. This results in a durable and non-slippery surface effect. What we really love about this product is that the formula seasoning improves even after repeated use – even until the gun metal, bore and surface areas already reach a certain saturation level. For this reason, warming up your gun under a certain temperature is recommended in order to open up the pores and let the formula sink in.
- Easily gets rid of petroleum-based stuff in your gun
- Doesn’t lose its efficacy even after repeated use
- Formula solution goes deep into the pores of the gun metal
- Can sometimes cause build ups because of the formula seeping into the pore of the gun
- Not as effective in protecting the gun against rust
While this liquid formula is designed to clean, degrease and lube your gun, it doesn’t really mean that it is a one-size-fits-all cleaner that you can rely on. While it has some weak points when it comes to rust protection, it is still a solid choice that you can consistently use for your gun protection.
2. Ballistol Multi-Purpose Aerosol Can Lubricant Cleaner Protectant
The Ballistol Multi-Purpose Aerosol Can Lubricant Cleaner Protectant is also one of the best gun oil and lube in the market today, and rightfully so. Being biodegradable means that it won’t harm the environment, and it can be used not only for your guns but for your other tools too!
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
What we love about this product is its versatility. It can protect note only your guns but also other materials such as metal containers, wood, plastics and even leather. One thing to point out about this product is its slightly alkaline compositions. This means that it slightly neutralizes the effect of sweat and skin oils, which is usually a problem for people who have sweaty hands.
- Very versatile product that can even clean wood and leather
- Slightly alkaline nature means it can easily neutralize sweat and skin oil build up
- Nice-smelling and not really toxic
- Nozzle leaks easily and can cause seeping problems when stored
- A little bit too expensive compared to other brands
This might be one of the best lubes out there today if not for the poor nozzle leaks that make the product hard to use sometimes. Other than ergonomics, this product is definitely another solid pick for the best gun oil and lube in the market today.
3. Break-Free CLP-4 Cleaner Lubricant Preservative Squeeze Bottle
The Break-Free CLP-4 Cleaner Lubricant Preservative Squeeze Bottle boasts of a long-lasting lubricant film that dramatically reduces adhesion of grit, sand or other abrasives that can cause wear and tear to your gun. And because it is made from specially-formulated synthetic oils, the Break-Free CLP-4 Cleaner Lubricant Preservative doesn’t easily lose its viscosity nor dry up and stiffen up during extreme temperature conditions.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
This product has been proven to perform fairly excellent even in temperatures ranging from -65 F to +475 F, which is a very impressive thing for a gun oil. Even after submersion to salt water, the product never loses its efficacy, which means it can hold up to the slightly saline and acidic hand sweat that builds up in your gun.
- Performs quite well in extreme temperatures and conditions
- Corrosion inhibitor solution helps prohibit and reduce formation of rust
- Doesn’t stiffen up in extreme cold, which can be nice for the Winter season
- Need to apply this product constantly to work well
- Squeeze bottle makes it difficult to apply accurately
4. Mil-Comm TW25B grease 1.5 oz tapered tip tube
As a top selling firearms lubricant that is renowned all over the world, the Mil-Comm TW25B is a top choice of the U.S. Military for a reason. Not only does it perform well even on the most extreme weather conditions. Most importantly, it is proudly made in the U.S.A. This means that the quality control is top-notch and above most average standards.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
What we love the most about this product is not only its performance on the most extreme weather conditions. Its easy to use and reliable tapered tip tube is a great design that prohibits the leak of the lube even during duress. It repels moisture, sand and dust while being generally harmless to wood, rubber, plastic and composite parts. It also resists wash-off and burn-offs, which makes it an excellent choice for most hazardous conditions, making it one of the best gun oil and lube out there.
- Very versatile and useful even for other equipment other than guns
- Repels moisture and resists water, frost and burns
- Made in U.S.A means higher quality standards
- A bit more expensive than your average gun lube
- Water-based, which means you need to first clean your firearm with alcohol to make it bond better
5. Hoppe’s No. 9 Synthetic Blend Lubricating Oil, 2.25-Ounce
Here is an advanced oil that is especially designed for the modern firearm. And not only that, the Hoppe’s No. 9 Synthetic Blend Lubricating Oil also works very well in other gadgets such as fishing reels! This is a high quality synthetic blend that is basically made of distilled oil; this blend is then blended with the regular Hoppe’s 9, making it much more potent than the classic formula.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
Best used with a WD-40 to server as a preliminary cleanup tool, the Hoppe’s No. 9 Synthetic Blend Lubricating Oil is great for anything small enough to not warrant a heavy-duty grease. This includes car doors, locks, small gears and your beloved guns. When you purchase this product, you can use it not only for your firearms but for you other house items as well!
- Very cheap and affordable, but lives up to the quality
- Best for light machines and tool that don’t need heavy greasing
- Reduces wear and tear caused by friction by providing barrier against moisture
- Bottle can be squishy if not kept at a safe storage
- Product becomes sticky and collects residue when left in unused weapon for long period of time.
6. Interstate Arms Corp Remington Rem Oil Aerosol (10-Ounce)
The Interstate Arms Corp Remington Rem Oil aerosol contains an exclusively-developed Teflon formula that provides a thin yet long-lasting film that keeps your gun smooth and clean. While cleaning dirt and grime from your gun, it also displaces all the non-visible moisture that are trapped in your gun’s metal pores. Because of this two-way action, the Interstate Arms Corp Remington Rem Oil aerosol (10-Ounce) simultaneously protects both the internal and external metal parts of your gun from rust. Corrosion can be avoided if you consistently apply this gun oil and lube to your firearm – making it quite a good buy to maintain your gun squeaky clean.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
- Works two-way by cleaning your gun and displacing moisture from metal pores
- Extremely long-lasting Teflon formula makes it a practical choice
- Doesn’t harm metal, wood or plastic parts
- Because of its mild formula, it doesn’t clean grime as well as other brands
- Some people might not like the odor it exudes
7. FIREClean Anti-Fouling Gun Conditioning Oil 2 pack
We definitely considered adding FIREClean Anti-Fouling Gun Conditioning Oil on our list of the most potent, best gun oil and lube for your gun. Its formula prevents carbon from sticking on to your gun and also offers extreme heat resistance. It is definitely non-toxic and odorless, which makes it a good choice for inexperienced people who are looking for their first brand of gun cleaner. Aside from being made in the U.S.A. it is also biodegradable, safe for bores and all firearm finishes.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
As for lubrication, a little drop goes a long way and it can make all your gun parts feel buttery smooth all over again. It gives a very silky glide to all the guns’ moving components and it keeps away all the moisture trapped inside your gun metal. After reviewing it, we found out that it is noticeably slicker and more lubricated than other average CPL out in the market today.
- Odorless and non-toxic formula makes it perfect for beginners looking for their first gun cleaner.
- One application is ample enough to be used on guns that shoot at least 600 rounds per day.
- Simple a great all-purpose gun oil that is also fairly priced
- Reports of sticky residue that is hard to clean off when this conditioning oil is left untouched for months
While it has a reputation for being sticky when left in storage or making the gun stickier after being left untouched for extended periods of time, the FIREClean Anti-Fouling Gun Conditioning Oil has its merits that makes it a good buy if you are still looking for your first gun conditioning oil.
8. Shooter’s Choice FP-10 LUBRICANT ELITE 4OZ SQZ BTL (FPL04)
Designed and formulated for the use of professional armorers and competitive gun men, the Shooter’s Choice FP-10 LUBRICANT ELITE 4OZ SQZ BTL (FPL04) increase the total performance of your gone. It does so by reducing friction and wear, protecting your gun against rust and corrosion, removing carbon and lead.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
Highly recommended for any outdoor enthusiast who needs a reliable oil lubricant that works extremely well in any weather condition. One of the winning points of this lube is the smell – compared to other brands, the Shooter’s Choice FP-10 LUBRICANT ELITE is actually very nice smelling.
- Smells quite good.
- Doesn’t gum up like other oils when kept in storage.
- Wood-friendly and leather-friendly
- Bottle packaging is prone to leaks and cracks easily when it falls
- Can sometimes feel too slimy when applied on a cold weapon
Without a doubt, you can never really go wrong when you purchase the Shooter’s Choice FP-10 LUBRICANT ELITE 4OZ SQZ BTL (FPL04) — it can even add to the velocity of your pellets if you clean them up with this before shooting!
9. Grizzly Lube Non-Toxic CLP | All-In-One Gun Cleaner, Lubricant, & Protectant
The aggressive formula of the Grizzly Lube Non-Toxic CLP All-In-One Gun Cleaner destroys any rust formation that might have accumulated in your gun. Also, it reduces jamming and friction from occurring, thereby eliminating any chance of fouling on your weapon.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
The Grizzly Lube Non-Toxic CLP All-In-One Gun Cleaneris a USDA Certified Bio-based Gun Lube, which means it is one of the safest products out there today. This means that the product is non-toxic and non-threatening. Its thick liquid is designed for application on slick firearms surfaces without leaving any residue behind it.
- Attacks carbon on contact and maintains the quality of your gun
- Smells nice
- Works great even in hot, desert-like conditions
- The bottle packaging doesn’t give the product justice
- In cold temperatures, the product is known to grow sticky and can jam the bottle
10. Hoppe’s BoreSnake Venom Gun Oil with T3, 4 oz. Bottle
As a trustworthy brand that is already an industry standard, Hoppe’s BoreSnake Venom Gun Oil with T3 offers you an amazing value for our money. It was actually originally developed to complement the Viper Boresnake that was designed to thoroughly clean a bore. The Boresnake Venom is meant to make lubrication and protection such a breeze that you need to apply only a liberal amount to make it work.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
This coating oil is engineered from Dental drill oil which lubricates at RPMs ranging to 1.5 million. By supporting a micro-thin film coating feature, you will feel no abrasiveness once you use this lube for your beloved weapons. Truly one of the best gun oil and lube that you can buy in the market today!
- Special T3 (liquid Molybdenum and PTFE) additive to reduce friction
- Works at extreme temperature ranges of -40 F to 320F
- Provides a solid, long-term corrosion protection
- Oil tends to separate from grease as time goes by
- After heavy use, products has been reported to gum up.
- Letting it sit in storage for too long might result to difficulties in cleaning off
While this is also a top recommended product by Sig Sauer Firearms and can also work on varying extreme temperature conditions, the little nuances such as gumming up can affect your choice on purchasing this product. Still, if you are on the hunt for one of the best gun oil and lube in the market today, this product is a solid choice.
At the end of the day, finding the best product to serve your needs is still your ultimate goal. And after reviewing 10 top-rated products on this article, we can say without a doubt that the Ballistol Multi-Purpose Aerosol Can Lubricant Cleaner Protectant is our top choice. With a myriad of positive customer reviews that prove its efficacy, you can never really go wrong with this lubricant. The aerosol can container is also a great upgrade and is a lot more sturdy for safekeeping. Being biodegradable and environment-friendly is a plus, as it also preserves metal, wood, leather and even plastics. For its price and performance, there is nothing that can really go wrong with this product. It is our top pick for the best gun oil and lube.