The best wrestling headgear is usually one that a wrestler can swear by. Owning such headgear is essential for any wrestler that wants to perform at the top of their game. There are different kinds of such gears to choose from in the market today. You need to know what to look for in order to meet your needs as well as what is available in the market. This will make it possible for you to make the right decision. In this review, we have narrowed down the best to five so as to make your work easier. You can be assured that the one you choose from this list is great, and it will serve your needs for a long time. It will also keep you safe during all the wrestling matches you will take part in.
Top 5 Best Wrestling Headgear Reviews
1. CK YF5 Youth Tornado Headgear
This is a great quality wrestling headgear featuring air vent system, which makes it easy for the user to breathe. It is absolutely safe and reliable. The user is able to hear clearly when wearing it, thanks to its 80% great audible sound technology. It also has a power tab on-the-fly strapping system which ensures that it stays in place on your head for as long as you need it there. It is able to adjust snuggly in just seconds; therefore, you can wear it in a flash whenever you are in a rush. Its ultra-deep ear cups ensure that the user is absolutely comfortable and well protected.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- This is the best choice of wrestling headgear for anyone that is worried about their safety while wrestling
- It guarantees comfort for the user throughout the game
- It is very affordable
- You can adjust it according to the age of the user using the straps provided. This is to ensure that it fits snuggly on his head
- It is designed for use by younger wrestlers up to age 12, therefore could be uncomfortable for older users
2. Cliff Keen Youth Tornado Wrestling Headgear
This is a good wrestling headgear that has been designed exclusively for youth wrestlers. The product has been designed in order to cater for the special needs of the youngsters as they enjoy their favorite sport. The design is great, offering the most ear protection to the user. Its ear pieces are made using soft foam to not just make the feel comfortable throughout the game but also to protect their ears no matter what happens. Above all, they are great looking and comes in a variety of colors to suit the individual users.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- You will love the ear protection provided by this headgear
- It has been designed to cover a larger part of the sides of the user’s head for maximum protection
- The headgear is fully adjustable, therefore it can be used by the same user for years even as they grow in size
- It is a little bit costly when compared to similar products in the market
- It may be smaller for the older users and those that are bigger in size
3. Adidas Wrestling Response Ear Guard
This is a great product form Adidas, a company that is well known for its quality sports gears. The headgear stands out from so many similar products in the market because it has more features built into it, which gives it more capabilities. First of all, it is a product that will do its best to protect the user. It is a very simple yet very effective in keeping the user safe throughout the game. It does not interfere with the comfort of the user in any way. The product comes with very soft and comfortable ear protection pieces. Above all, it fits snugly. You just need to make the right adjustments and it will stay securely for as long as it is needed.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- This is a very stylish wrestling headgear that looks great yet very simple
- It comes with very durable straps that can be relied upon for a long time service.
- You will love how it protects the user’s ears from any harm during the game
- Its cool and lightweight design makes it even better
- It is made from extra soft padding, to give the user the comfort they need during such a game
- There are way too many straps to adjust
4. Cliff Keen E58 Headgear
This is a very good headgear that can do very well when it comes to protecting any wrestler out there. You only need to securely place it on your head. It comes with very soft padding that are able to cover the ears and a larger area around the ears to keep it safe during wrestling. The headgear comes with enough straps, all of which are adjustable, to make it easy to fit on any size of head or user. This way, the headgear can fit snugly throughout the game no matter what happens. This particular headgear may not be as stylish as some of the models in the market today, but it does its job really well. It also comes in a variety of colors to suit the users’ preferences.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
- The headgear offers excellent ear protection which makes it absolutely safe for any user
- It does not only protect the ears but also a larger area around the ears
- The headgear is fully adjustable. It comes with all the straps you need for a perfect fit
- It is just an ordinary wrestling headgear, with just the basic styling. This product may not be appealing for anyone that is looking for a fancy headgear
- It is a little heavy
5. ASICS Aggressor Ear Guard
This one may not be the best looking wrestling headgear out there, but it is very comfortable to the user. What sets it apart from many models out there is the fact that it is a more affordable. The trendy looking headgears will cost you more but this is a good looking headgear that will cost less. It comes with very strong and durable strops on both the top and the bottom which you can use to grip the headgear on the head of the user firmly. The headgear can fit snugly on the head if the right adjustments are made. It can stay in place for as long as the user needs.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- The headgear is able to stay in place throughout the game
- It is a headgear that is affordable to many people
- You can count on it to keep your head and ears safe for as long as you wrestle
- There are just too many straps provided
- It might be heavy for some users
Wrestling Headgear Buying Guide
Wrestling headgears are very important when it comes to the protection of wrestlers. Both young people and adults are exposed to danger of injuries during wrestling matches. That is why there are wrestling headgears to protect at least the most vital parts of the body, which are the head and the ears. Buying the right wrestling headgear may not be easy, especially since there are so many models in the market today. However, you can still pick out the best as per your needs. Here are some factors that can help you make the best choice:
- The fit: this is very important. When headgear does not fit well, all the other features are useless to the user. That is why you need to ensure that you are buying a headgear that will fit and also one that will fit comfortably. Most of these wrestling headgears come with straps to adjust as per the user, which is also great.
- The price: in as much as wrestling headgears are not really considered expensive, there are those models that cost more than the others. What you need to know is that the cost of such a product determines its quality and design. You can however find very good headgears that cost so much less.
- Safety: safety is the most important reason you are buying the headgear in the first place. It should therefore be among the most important factors to consider. You should ensure that the one you choose is one that has been designed to provide excellent protection to the most vulnerable areas of the head and the ears. Look out for all the safety features in place before making the choice.
There are a lot of models out there when it comes to wrestling headgears. This is because wrestling is a very popular sport. However, the needs of people differ, that is why you need to consider what is good for you before you place an order. From the review, Adidas Wrestling Response Ear Guard is a great choice for anyone that is looking to enjoy excellent ear protection every time they are wrestling. It has more features when compared to some of its competitors. It has a very cool design. And it is also light in weight and comes with a soft padding to keep you comfortable and well protected.