When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Framing nailers are a type of air gun designed to make the work of a carpenter easier. They eliminate the need for use of a hammer in cases of fast and high-powered projects. And they offer great convenience in case you want to work on a project quickly. They are capable of shooting up to 60 nails into wood in under a minute. Generally, framing nail guns are designed to work the same. The main difference is in their sophistication, thanks to the new technology. If therefore you are looking or the best framing nailer, here is a detailed review to help you make the right choice:
- 1 Top 5 Best Framing Nailer In 2020 Reviews
- 1.1 1. Paslode 902600 CF325Li Lithium Ion Cordless Framing Nailer
- 1.2 2. Freeman PFR2190 21-degree Full-Head Framing Nailer
- 1.3 3. Nailer Framing 20V Li Dual Spd
- 1.4 4. Hitachi NR90AE (S) 3-1/2 Inch Full-Head Framing Strip
- 1.5 5. Hitachi NR90GR2 3.5 – Inch Gas Powered Plastic Strip Collated Cordless Framing Nailer Gun
- 1.6 6. BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head 1-1/2 Inch to 3-1/2 Inch Framing Nailer
- 1.7 7. Hitachi NV75AG Round Head 1-3/4 Inch to 3 Inch Coil Framing Nailer
- 1.8 8. BOSTITCH F28WW Clipped Head 2-Inch to 3-1/2 Inch Framing Nailer
- 1.9 9. BOSTITCH N89C– 1 Coil Framing nailer
- 1.10 10. BOSTITCH F33PT 33-Degree Paper Tape Framing Nailer / Metal Connector Nailer
- 2 Framing Nailer Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Framing Nailer In 2020 Reviews
1. Paslode 902600 CF325Li Lithium Ion Cordless Framing Nailer
This is a type of framing nailer that can drive up to 6, 000 nails per charge. It is fast and accurate, therefore the best tool every carpenter needs for quick projects. It charges very quickly such that the 2 minute quick charge can give it the ability to drive up to 200 nails. This product is able to hold charge 5 times longer when compared to its competitors. It weighs 7.25lbs together with the battery, which makes it easy to handle and less fatigue on the arm. The good thing is that it is able to adjust the depth of the drive automatically.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
- This is a cordless framing nailer. It is very easy to handle and work on many projects in different locations without having to deal with cords
- You do not need any compressors to use it. It uses a fuel cell, which is sold separately from the framing nailer
- The cordless framing nailer is a light weight, highly portable and therefore easy to handle even when working on many projects in a day. You will not have to worry about arm fatigue at the end of the day.
- It is very easy to use. No special skills are required for one to learn how to work with it
- The framing nailer is a heavy duty, therefore strong enough and durable to serve you for a long time.
- It is able to drive 50% more nails per charge when compared to its competitors. You can always count on it to drive up to 6,000 nails per charge.
- You will be able to load nails and cartridges into the gun easily
- It could be a little loud. Its vent fan, which exhausts the chamber after firing, is not quiet either.
2. Freeman PFR2190 21-degree Full-Head Framing Nailer
This is a framing nail gun that is ideal for framing, wall sheathing, siding installations, sub-floors, pallet building, wood box assembly as well as fencing. It is designed in order to give the carpenter convenience and save his time when working on bigger projects. It is made out of a die-cast magnesium material with a 360 adjustable exhaust. Its case is made of a durable plastic to give the user a long time service. It has interchangeable triggers to help with both single and contact firing. It has adjustable depths for various applications. The no-mar tip helps to eliminate damage to the working surfaces. The anti-dry fire mechanism activates with 5 nails remaining in magazine.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- You get a plastic carrying case to help you conveniently load the nails into the gun
- Its die-cast magnesium construction gives it its durability for long time use. This is what gives it the same feel and dependability as the most expensive guns on the market
- This is a lightweight framing nail gun, therefore very easy to handle even when you are working on big projects
- It is great for its value. It is the kind of tool to keep for those projects that need quick repair from time to time.
- Its 360 adjustable air exhaust will help keep air away from your face while working and at the same time blow debris away from your workspace.
- You will love its handle. It is an ergonomic grip that ensures a secure grip and also provides an anti-vibration comfort.
- It is larger in size, therefore may not be great for anyone that is looking for a smaller framing nailer
- It is also quite loud
3. Nailer Framing 20V Li Dual Spd
A cordless framing nailer will always be a great choice to go for. With it, you will not have to worry about hoses to trip over and you can comfortably move from one project to the other in any location within your workshop. This is a brushless motor and engine design framing nailer that is designed to provide enough power to drive nails of 3 ½ inches size. Its sequential operating mode allows for precision placement for accuracy on any project. Its bump operating mode on the other hand provides the user with production speed to ensure that the work is done as fast as you want it. It offers dual speed to optimize motor speed for different nail lengths. You have an easy access of the nosepiece for easier removal of jammed nails.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Its trigger lock-off allows the user to disable the trigger when it is not in use
- The top of the framing nailer is resistant to impact. This keeps its strong and useful for a long time, even after several falls. The top cap is also removable in case of a need to troubleshoot it.
- It is a very easy to use cordless framing nailer. It has been designed for quick use even by newbies
- This nailer does not have any air compressors. This makes it very easy to carry and use wherever you want to
- Its compact design makes it very easy to handle and carry from one location to the other. This will help if you are working on different projects in different locations.
- It only work with paper nail racks
- You might need to keep a spare battery charging in case you want to work all day.
4. Hitachi NR90AE (S) 3-1/2 Inch Full-Head Framing Strip
This is among the best framing nailer you will get around today. To start with, it is impressively lightweight but with the power of bulkier and heavier nailers. Its great design and power are what gives these nailers their great quality. Users are therefore able to enjoy prominent desirability and strength while enjoying the reliability of such a framing nailer. There are no complaints about arm fatigue whatsoever, thanks to its easy to handle design and light weight. It comes full of great features, for users convenient operation and superior performance too. This is the kind of nailer you should go for if you need one for framing, floor and subfloor, roof decking, truss and window build-up, housing instruction and also for wall sheathing.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- This is a very easy to use framing nailer. It is perfect even for a layman. There is nothing complicated about its use.
- This framing nailer comes with a non-slip elastomer grip trigger. You do not need to keep adjusting the grip, which might cost you more time
- You get to enjoy a selective actuation with this nailer. This way, you can switch from sequential to contact fire with just a simple flip of a switch
- The mailer only weighs 7.5 pounds. This light in weight design helps for extended use or overhead applications. It gives the user ease of maneuverability as well as less arm fatigue even when you are working for long hours
- The nailer has a hardened claw tip designed to reduce wear on the nose and also minimize slippage when toe-nailing
- It has a two-piece anodized aluminum magazine which makes repairs and replacements very easy. It will help reduce your expenses by a large parentage.
- With its weight, it can easily bounce. You have to be careful when using it at all times.
5. Hitachi NR90GR2 3.5 – Inch Gas Powered Plastic Strip Collated Cordless Framing Nailer Gun
If you are looking for the best framing nailer that is complete portable, with no need for compressors and air hose, this is the choice you should be making today. This nail gun is gas powered, therefore very easy to power and use whenever, wherever. It operates on a fuel rod and a cordless battery. It is able to drive up to 2 nails per second, and about 1,000 nails per hour. This nailer has an adjustable depth of drive nose piece, which ensures proper nail down with varying materials. It has stability and power that any professional or even handyman will need from such a tool in order to get any job done efficiency and correctly.
Our Rating: (3.9 / 5)
- With this framing nailer, you get to enjoy utility as well as the traditional nailing power
- You do not need air compressors because it uses fuel rods and a rechargeable battery
- It is the kind of framing nailer that can drive nails in a variety of materials. It is therefore ideal for different types of projects you can undertake. You can count on it for framing, sub flooring, fencing, and punch-out work among other types of projects.
- It is able to fire up to 4, 000 nails on just a single shot. There is an indicator light to alert you of battery life in order to prevent an unexpected downtime when you are still in the middle of working.
- The nail gun uses a two-step nail loading procedure that is easy even for beginners.
- Its handle has been ergonomically designed in order to provide the user with comfort and control on the job.
- It only weighs 7.9 pounds, which makes it a light weight and therefore easy to work with even for longer-time projects.
- It is not quite reliable
6. BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head 1-1/2 Inch to 3-1/2 Inch Framing Nailer
This is a perfect tool for framing, sheathing, subflooring and bracing jobs. It is good for use by professionals as well as weekend warriors. It has a strong, lightweight magnesium body, which gives it its strength and durability as well as making it easy to work with even for longer hours. The product has a quick-change nosepiece as well, for plastic-collated and metal connector nails. It is a type of nail gun that has been designed to match with the task at hand. It has a patented feature that helps you set the nail depth with just a single push of a button. The nail gun comes with a top quality magazine that is able to hold up to 60 plastic collated 21-degree framing nails or 60 metal connector nails. It has a 16inch layout indicator to let you know at a glance the perfect distance between the studs.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- This is generally a light in weight nail gun. It is easy to handle and very easy on the arm especially when you are working all day.
- It has an adjustable rafter hooker to help you conveniently hand it on the joists and rafters whenever you are taking a break from work
- Its magnesium construction makes it strong enough for absolute reliability. You can use it again and again for as long as you need to.
- Its ability to sink joist holder nails will impress you. It does this with minimal effort. It has great power that will impress you every time you are working.
- It is a bit bulk and heavier
- You have to take the actual trigger switch out and put it in a different one in order to get a bump fire operation
7. Hitachi NV75AG Round Head 1-3/4 Inch to 3 Inch Coil Framing Nailer
This is a very flexible pneumatic tool. It is compatible with both wire coated and plastic sheet collated nails. The nailer is designed to drive three inch nails, which are the most common nails in use for framing, fencing, decking, siding and so many other construction applications. It has a light body, a larger capacity magazine as well as a tool-less depth of drive. These are what make the nailer the most ideal choice for construction workers, home builders, contractors and also other types of woodworkers. It has a selective actuation to help make tool-less firing transitions. This makes it good for a variety of different applications. You only need to slide the selection control up or down with your hand and you will have chosen between intermittent and continuous firing.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- It has a long lasting rubber grip that is comfortable to the hand of the user. You are able to maintain a strong grip on the nailer even when working for longer hours
- Its tool-less depth adjustment makes it great for precision nailing and flush driving. You can therefore take up jobs that require precise driving as well as those that only need fire nails at a rapid pace.
- The nailer is able to drive wire and plastic sheet collated nails for added flexibility
- It has a plastic shield, which deflects wire collation in order to provide the user with added safety
- Its high capacity side-loading magazine is designed for quick, tool-less loading of both wire collated and plastic sheet collated nails. It has a nail capacity if 200 to 300 nails depending on the size and type of nails. This makes it easy for one to work with the nailer longer with fewer refills.
- It has a strong recoil when you are shooting large 3-inch nails
8. BOSTITCH F28WW Clipped Head 2-Inch to 3-1/2 Inch Framing Nailer
This one is a versatile, light in eight framing nailer that can handle much of the construction applications. These include framing, decking, and attaching wood to masonry among other applications. It is a clipped head gun nailer that is equipped with a patented pushbutton adjustable depth guide. This is what sets the nail to the desired depths. It does this quickly and conveniently, therefore you do not have to worry about finishing your projects quickly and efficiently. With a depth of drive control, you will not need to adjust compressor pressure. This also means that you will not need to look for tools when you are already working. You only need to set its compressor and adjust the depth as needed.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- This framing nailer is a light weight, weighing only 7.6 pounds. This makes it able to handle jobs in tight quarters for instance the attics and those shoulder burning overhead jobs.
- Its innovative design is quite helpful whenever one is nailing top plates to floor joints or even when one is crawling under a low deck in order to work on something there.
- It comes with a factory installed sequential trigger plus an exclusive smart trigger which ensures optimal control and faster production. The triggers works as either a sequential or a bump fire trigger.
- It has a magnesium construction that gives it its strength and durability. You can count on its reliability for a very long time.
- This nailer is one of the most powerful there is in the market today. It features a 1050 inch pound of driving power, which makes it good to handle even the toughest engineered lumber applications.
- It is weather sensitive. It can be slow and sometimes non-responsive in temperatures within 10 degrees of freezing.
9. BOSTITCH N89C– 1 Coil Framing nailer
This is a good framing nailer that is perfect for applications such as framing, sheathing, siding, trusses, fencing, decks, bridging, crafting wood, masonry as well as pallets. It is a pneumatic coil framing nailer that is designed for power and precision. Its sturdy nature is quite impressive, but it is disguised by the nailer’s lightweight magnesium housing. This construction is what makes the tool strong and durable, able to serve the user for a long time. The magnesium housing also makes the nailer capable of serving even in harsh conditions and mishandling especially on the job site. It has aggressive wear guards that help to protect it from damage especially when it is used on abrasive surfaces. You get a patented push-button depth guide to help you set nails at precisely the depths of your preference. This can be done quickly and conveniently, with minimal wastage of time in between your jobs.
One of its greatest features is its adjustable exhaust, which direct cast-off air away from the user’s face and your work piece, providing you with a clearer view of your project.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- The nailer has a driving power of 1,050 inches/lbs. It can accept 15 degree coil framing fasteners from 2 inches to 31/2 inches.
- Its magazine is able to hold up to 300 nails. You can therefore work for a longer time without the need to refill in between your job.
- It is a perfect tool for almost all fastening applications on the job site or even at home, on home improvement projects.
- Its adjustable exhaust ensures that you have a clear view of your project at all times. This is without the interference of air or dust from your workspace
- It is an absolute lightweight. This makes it easy for use in all kinds of applications, without worrying about arm fatigue.
- It is big and bulky for a framing gun. This makes it hard to nail close to other objects.
10. BOSTITCH F33PT 33-Degree Paper Tape Framing Nailer / Metal Connector Nailer
This is a good tool to consider for framing, siding, decking, installing metal connectors, attaching wood to masonry among other applications. It is also good in driving big nails into the hard engineered lumber. It is a versatile and very light in weight framing nailer. This product is basically two nailers in one; it includes two quick-change nosepieces that you can use in order to change the tool for either framing or metal connector applications. It comes with a factory installed sequential trigger as well as an exclusive smart trigger to ensure optimal control and faster production.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Its body is made of lightweight magnesium housing. This makes it very easy to handle. It also gives the tool its unsurpassed durability
- Its lightweight body also makes it easy to handle projects that require working in tight quarters like attics and other shoulder burning overhead projects.
- It doubles as a metal connector nailer
- It has a very strong and durable construction. Its strength keeps it strong and in good shape even after years of usage
- It does not come with a carrying case
- It is weather sensitive. So it is slow when the weather gets cold
Framing Nailer Buying Guide
Framing nail guns are very useful at home and also in workshops. They take care of a lot of tasks that anyone working with wood will have to tackle. They are very powerful and quick, thereby reducing the amount of time you need to complete a project by over 50%. With so many models currently in the market today, you have to pick out the best. This is why you need to go over different framing nailer reviews. The thing that sets the different models apart, making some better than the others, are their features. It is good to note that it is not easy to find all the great features on one particular model. Here are some of the most important features to help you make the right choice:
- A jam clearing system: even the best framing nailer in the world will jam at one time or another. This can cause a lot of delays and thereafter go against everything the nail gun is meant for, which is to help you complete your projects faster. That is why you need a nailer with this amazing feature to help you clear out the jam in an instant.
- A depth adjustment setting: this helps a lot for one to be able to use nails of different sizes. You need to be able to adjust the power according to the nail size, as this is what guarantees that your nails will go where you need them.
- An adjustable exhaust system: this is very important to help you control where you want the debris to go. This way, it will not hit you on the face or pile up on your project.
With the best framing nailer, you should be able to perform all your projects with ease. From the framing nailer reviews section, BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head 1-1/2 Inch to 3-1/2 Inch Framing Nailer with Positive Placement Tip and Magnesium Housing is a sure winner. With it, you get two nailers in one tool to help you work with metal connector nails as well. It has an easy to adjust nail depth, a high capacity magazine and an adjustable rafter hook among its many great features.