Miter saw is one of the most tools to cut materials to a precise length and exact angles.
To buy the best miter saw that allows you to cut materials accurately and quickly while being suitable for your needs and income, it is really important for you to learn miter saw reviews.
As based on objective evaluations from users, the miter saw reviews will help you understand much more about the best possible tools for your work as well as make the best choice.
- 1 Why you should purchase a Miter Saw?
- 2 Types of Miter Saws
- 3 Reviews of Top 3 Best Miter Saws for You
- 4 How to choose the best miter saw?
- 5 How to use Miter Saw – Step by step
- 6 Maintaining your Miter Saw
- 7 Conclusion
Why you should purchase a Miter Saw?
Do you see a person working with miter saw? Most of you do not know why you need the tool in your workshop. This is a type of tool that provides easy way to make shapes and have a good cutout.
The miter saw comes with different features that help to cut wooden frames in order to make great furniture. You can easily cut the things, using the machine and prepare in a short time.
Using other tools will take time and can’t be able to give enough accuracy.
However, the best miter saw can provide you the right way to deal with the problem and give the finest finishing to the furniture.
Types of Miter Saws
Before learning about any miter saw reviews, you need to specify which goal you are going to use it for.
Determining the kinds of materials you will work on and the amount of work you will do, after that you also need to know which type of tool are suitable for your requirements, both will help you look for the best miter saw for you needs and goals.
There are some basic types of miter saws following:
- Basic type: typically, the basic saws weigh lighter and are cheaper than any kinds of saw. it has ability to make precise and straight cuts. However, the systems do not include any bevel option. So, it is often used for simple wood cutting that only require angled and horizontal cuts.
- Compound miter saws allow you to tilt the table, blade with rotating vertical pivots. The saws are suitable for cutting materials which require angled cuts such as picture frames and crown molding corners. This system allows user to slice miter, straight and beleved cuts. While compound miter saw with single bevel only tilts in one direction, those with dual bevel help you save lots of time. you do not have to replace you work to cut in the other direction.
- Sliding Miter Saws: they are designed with horizontal sliding arms which allows users to cut wider boards. in addition, the sliding system offer more accuracy and comfort to your job. Some kinds of compound miter saws have arms which allows the power head slide along fixed rails to be able to cut wide boards. while sliding these saws allow moving the blade toward to create wider diameters.
- Besides, miter saw are also designed with battery-operated or power cord. The corded saws are typically ideal for those who are regular on stationary work areas. On the other hand, you will find convenient in cordless system if you often have to move or travel.
Reviews of Top 3 Best Miter Saws for You
If you are not able to find the top miter saws in the market, you are highly recommended to have a look the following tools.
We have researched the market; analyze the performance collected from the users in order to give you the recommendation.
These are the best miter saws in the market that are both efficient and affordable for purchase.
1. Hitachi C10FCE2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
This is an affordable miter saw for the households and other non-professional people. This also provides professional standard work result to ensure quality result. This miter saw is providing positive miter stops that provide specific angles very easily.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
The bevel adjustment is very skill and ensure to quality service. You will get up to 45 degrees to provide you accurate cuts. Moreover, the elastomer grip option is very easy and comfortable handle. As a result, you will get the horizontal handles that will not vibrate. For that reason, you can easily adjust and control the handles to work with the miter saw.
The quality of the blades is immense that ensures to provide flexible and durable tow or. As a result, you will always get a perfection cutting to create any furniture. The 4-inch cutting flip fence helps to get a particular easily to fix the problems. This is really a plus point to have the miter saw, because this is a 15 amp motor power to increase the ability to work at home for your project.
2. BEST CHOICE – DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
This is a high quality compound miter saw that provides 3800 rpm motor speed in order to ensure quality cutting. The 15 amp power motor is qualified to deal with heavy workload along with durable performance. The 12-inch cutting blade is durable and enough sharp to ensure good finishing too.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
There will be an integrated XPS cross cut positing system that provides you to fix the place very easy. Moreover, you will not need to adjust the cut line when cutting it because of this feature. Moreover, you will have different cutting degrees because of having back fence design.
You will be design because of 10 positive stops to get great productivity and accuracy level. You will have stainless steel miter plate that is high quality and durable. For that reason, you will never need to think twice before working with the compound miter saw.
The tool is also efficient to collect your dust that you have generated during working. The design is perfect for collecting dust very easily in order to reduce your workload. However, you will not find any stand in the miter saw.
3. DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
This is one of the professional level miter saws in the market, from Dewalt, that is a popular brand for this type of tool. The 5 amp motor will provide you long time power ability with more than 4,000 rpm speed. Moreover, the stainless steel miter provides you the best experience to cut and make a proper structure or furniture.
Our Rating: (4.7 / 5)
The miter saw offers you 11 positive stops angles in order to cut any angle that you want. Moreover, the system and fence support is perfect for getting full accuracy level from the machine. Don’t worry about the design because you will have a proper space in the machine for sliding out and cut out.
The 12-inch blade is powerful and durable to ensure long time experience. Moreover, the versatility of the machine is 0 to 50 degrees that is enough for having good cutting angles. Moreover, this is a portable and comparatively small machine that provides you the option to make it easy for storing and moving the tool.
How to choose the best miter saw?
To help you buy the best miter saw, these miter saw reviews provided on this website are completely based on realistic experience from consumers who used the equipments and have objective reviews on the products.
Further more, the whole saws reviewed on this website provide the best products that are being considered to be the top rated miter saws on the current market.
It is essential to considered customer rating about these miter saws.
Factors of Miter Saw
Currently, There are so many types of miter saws available including basic miter saws, compound miter saws, sliding compound miter saws and other cordless options.
Therefore, understanding the different aspects and features of all kinds of miter saws is very essential to make the best choices in purchasing.
Each kind of miter saw is designed with various features for specific functions.
It is important for you to consider basic design features, purchase options, accuracy and other essential factors to determine the best miter saw that are suitable for you requirements and money pocket.
Basic Design Features
Each miter saw has some specific features that are basics of all kind of miter saw designs.
Depending on the needs of each user, these features may be advantages or downsides.
For examples, in some miter saws, you can find out the same weight, power and some other factors and you can see difference from brands and models.
Miter saw reviews will provide and compare features and advantages of each tool will help you understand much more each products.
- Blades – Good miter saw blades designed with carbide tips will help remaining sharp, but the prices of them are usually a bit expensive, however, they will last longer than common blades. On the market, some miter saws are made with steel blades that are considered to be standard for the equipment, however these blades will typically less durable than those with carbide. The quality of the cut and the durability of the blade will depend on the quality of blades. Blades are often made with size from 8 to 12 inches which may contain from 28 teeth to 60 teeth. The more the quantity of teeth are, the higher quality of blade are.
- Single or Dual Bevels – Compound saws not only include a single-bevel which allows tilting to the left but also contain a dual-bevel which tilts both sides. The dual bevels which can help you be able to cut both ways are really convenient and useful for crown molding and other detailed carpentry. Further more, using dual bevels, you will be able to minimize energy, time and effort.
- Locks – to create an exact cut while maintaining the most maximum safety, having locks that are incorporated in the design of the kind miter saws is very important..there is a main lock that is specially designed to set angles and allows cutting exactly. The other locks is made to maitain the head in the right place for transportation and storage to protect from accidents. Some miter saws are designed with slide locks that are on the fixed rails to help keeping the blade from moving.
- Power : the amount of RPM often fluctuate from 3200 to 5000 and it will specify how much spin on the blade as well as the speed at least to be able to spin. Miter saws with higher RPM will perform better in a larger amount of time and keep longer durability than those with lower level. Meaning that blades will be replaced less than. The cutting quality of miter saw are also affected by the power of the motor. The miter saws using cordless batteries typically provide Ampes from 18 V to 24 V while those using power motorts have Amps from 10 Amps – 15 Amps.
- Weight : weight is considered to be factor which will be affected by the material included and the size and other aspects. miter saws have lighter weight than standard radial saws. They typically weigh from 35 to 60 pounds. Some saws are designed with extremely light weight to be portable, however, they don’t have enough functions like the common miter saws.
- Rails: some kinds of saws are designed with rails sliding under the table to keep balance. Some other tools have rails sliding out the back of the frame. A stability of saws is essential to maintain the saw from sliding on the rails coming out the backward
- Fence : it is actually challenging to work on complex furniture . Another important factor of miter saws is fence that allow you to keep the blade in place and ensure the utmost safety and precision while cutting. The fence should be kept level with the table and turned to ensure the accuracy of the tool. Choosing a durable miter saw, your work will be easier and faster.
- Cords or Cordless : on the current market, there are lots of miter saws are designed with cords plugging into the wall while some others still made with cordless to be convenient for movements and portability.
Some of the features considered in miter saw reviews are which need to do with popular jobs. The factors will also help you determine the best miter saw that allow you minimize your time and efforts to achieve the goals.
- Range of Cut Angles: depending on the model of miter saw, the range of the bevel may run over or under 50 degrees. But typically for a miter cut is slightly over 50 degrees and for the bevel cut is under 50 degrees.
- Laser Guides: the laser provides will help users know about the exact angles being cut. Laser guides allows users to perform the blades lined up with the cut line. Laser included in miter saws will shows exactly where you need to begin cutting and the width of the cut. Some saws are designed with a single laser, some others with a dual laser. Based on the model, the laser guides will allow adjusting the blade.
- Positive Stops: it is essential to have positive stops in any miter systems because it support users adjust the angles easily. most miter saws are designed in stops set up at often to use for more precise measurement. The more positive stops, the more chance for precise measurement.
- Cut Capacity – depending on the model, typically miter saws have a capability to cut maximum thickness from 3 7/8 to 6. Made sure that when you learn miter saw reviews, consider the ability for thickness. Further more, when selecting the kinds of the best miter saw for your needs , it is essential to check the maximum capacity to make a cross cut. A miter saw often provide the cross cut capacities from 7 ½ inches – 10 inches.
Besides providing some basic design features and some options for the requirements of your works, the miter saw reviews also includes useful knowledge of purchase options. They are important information to assist you in choosing the best miter saw.
- Warranty: warranty is considered to be an important part to ensure the quality of the product as well as expected longevity of usage. Certain companies usually provide good warranties for users. Some firms allow users to vary model in the same brand. Some other companies provide warranties in the limted periods as one year, two years while some brands go up to five years. Therefore, considering warranty is an important step to make the best choice.
- Brand: lots of people assume that to choose the best miter saws, it is essential to consider one brand of equipment based on factors such as: how it is made, where it is produced, the material of products and other aspects of brand. According to objective reviews from users about the best miter saws, there is a variety of top rated miter saws from top brands including Delta, Porter- Cable, Craftsman, Bosch, Makita , Hitachi, Milwaukee and DeWalt.
- Price: the price of miter saw will depend on by factors including: warranty, capability, quality and some other aspects. Based on features, benefits and other factors, typically, the price of a miter saw fluctuate from $200 to $ 700 or even more. a basic miter is usually cheaper than dual bevels, cordless or which use carbide blades are more expensive than those with steel.
Miter saw reviews provide some features considered having impacts for some people while not make a difference for others. For examples, some individual will concern about the noise while workers on site should consider about the clean factors. The best miter saw have to be that bring you the most benefits. Therefore, Some companies add support features for user convenience, safety purposes or to create better results. Some features provided such as:
- Tables or Stands: some miter saws include a range of options such as: folding, portable which provide extensions to allow pieces are longer. This feature is special because it allow you to adjust and consumize to suit for you needs. In addition, it would be very useful for you when working on wide and long woods.
- Adjustable Handles: to get maximum comfort, the best way to choose a miter saw which includes an adjustable handle .Some kinds of miter saws include options for modifying handles to measure and cut exactly. Adjusting handles will allow the equipment to be more efficient and user-friendly.
- Noise level: depending on RPMs, the power of the motor and some various factors, each kind of miter saws as different noise level.
- Neatness: it is really important to consider a dust collectors before making a purchase. Dust ports are able to connect to a dust colleting bag or a dry/wet vacuum to keep a cleaner workplace.
It is really important to learn about miter saw reviews that provide the most useful knowledge and information to help you be able to buy the best miter.
These comprehensive reviews provided on the site will allow you to have insightful understanding about each of tool , how to use them efficiently, benefits what you will receive from using.
How to use Miter Saw – Step by step
Before you are going to use miter saw for cutting the joints, you must know how to use the machine. If you are a newbie, you must look for the best way to use the machine properly. Therefore, we have made step by step process that will teach you to use the miter saw efficiently to cut the joints and make great furniture.
First of all, you will need to determine the size and action that you will need for cutting. There will be different sizes of blades and plates available for cutting. Therefore, fix the blade that will be perfect for your cutting.
Now you will need to know the right speed level that you are going to use for cutting. Measure it before you the machine is a good option.
You will need to select the right place to work with the miter saw. You can use any of your room that has enough space to keep the too. However, you will need a stand like a wooden table will be a better option for keeping the miter saw.
You will have manual instruction with the tool. For the first time, you should read the manual instruction in order to understand the process. This is really important to know more about the tool before you proceed.
Now it’s time to be familiar with the parts that your miter saw is offering. Moreover, you should know the functions of each of the parts before you going to use them.
Release the blade of the miter saw for cutting. In this case, take the material that you will cut and place it in the reticle position in the fence.
Now it’s time to turn on the miter saw for cutting. Always use pencil in order to mark the place for cutting. Moreover, you should not force the blade to go through for cutting.
Then, you should take down the miter saw blade for cutting the wooden material that you need. Before taking down, you should fix the level and angle of cutting properly.
Now your task is finished. Just familiar with the functions of the miter saw, change the angles of the miter saw so that you can easily make a desirable action.
Maintaining your Miter Saw
Using and maintaining miter saw is not hard but little bit tricky. You will always need to be careful in order to maintain the miter saw and make it able to use for a long time.
When you are using a miter saw, you should be careful before you switch-on the machine. Make sure the blades are adjusted and fixed properly before you start the machine.
Are you a newbie of using the tool? Then, you must have the instruction book that will provide you the way to use the tool. Therefore, have a look at the book and learn the proper usage. Moreover, you should always know the right adjustments for working.
Don’t forget to clear the miter saw daily; especially remove the dust after work. You will always get manual maintenance instruction with the tool that will always help you to use it. Make sure that you are not running the machine for so long that it is overheating. It increases the vibration level and makes strange sounds. Take the machine to an expert in case you are facing some troubles with your miter saw for fixing the problem.
This is our simple buying guideline for buying the best miter saw for your work. You can consider our tips when buying the right miter saw for workshop.
Always keep in mind that you should have good budget for buying the most powerful and efficient tool for working. Sometimes the people come with lower budget and expect to get higher efficiency from the tool.
However, this is not really expected, therefore, choose the right way to purchase your tool and have wonderful working hours to create high quality furniture!