We LOVE portable generators, and think they are one of the most amazing inventions in the world.
But how do you know which generator is the best? Which type will be the most suitable to your needs? How many watts you need?
Choosing the best portable generator can be hard work, and require research.
We have made it our goal to help you find your perfect portable generator, that will suit your needs and help you with whatever you need.
Whether you are want to prepare your home for a power outage, or want to go RV camping, or maybe need a generator for a construction site. We are here to help!
- 1 Top 3 Best Portable Generators on the market
- 2 Top 5 Best Portable Generator Reviews
- 2.1 1. DuroStar DS4000S Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 2.2 2. Westinghouse WH7500E Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 2.3 3. Champion Power Equipment 42436 Portable Generator
- 2.4 4. DuroMax XP4400E Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 2.5 5. PowerPro 56101 Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 2.6 6. Earthquake 11613 Gas Powered Portable Inverter
- 3 Portable Generator Safety Tips for Beginners
- 3.1 #1 – Read the manual provided by the manufacturer
- 3.2 #2 – Placement is Critical
- 3.3 #3 – Consider Specific Types of Generators
- 3.4 #4 – Gasoline is Highly Flammable – Caution During Fueling
- 3.5 #5 – Never Directly Connect a Portable Generator to a Home Wall Outlet
- 3.6 #6 – Don’t Operate Your Portable Generator in Wet Conditions
- 3.7 #7 – Know the Specific Maintenance Requirements and Schedule for Your Portable Generator
- 4 How Many Watts for the best Portable Generator?
- 5 Gasoline Portable Generators: 5 Tips to Ensure Emergency Preparedness
- 6 Winterize and Store Your Portable Generator in 7 Simple Steps
- 6.1 Step 1 – Emptying the Fuel
- 6.2 Step 2 – Changing the Oil
- 6.3 Step 3 – Cleaning the Air Filer Element(s)
- 6.4 Step 4 – Fog the Engine Cylinders (cylinder walls, pistons and rings)
- 6.5 Step 5 – Close the Cylinder Heads’ Valves
- 6.6 Optional – Step 6 – Use an Air Compressor to Clean the Insides of the Generator
- 6.7 Optional – Step 7 – Lightly wash + Apply UV Protection Spray
- 7 Portable Generator Fuel Guide for Dummies